The Dreaded Stretch Marks & Loose Skin

I've been into lifting for a little over two years now, right after my senior year going through a season on the wrestling team. Before I was a wrestler, I was your average couch potatoe weighing in a hefty 230 pounds. I was pretty adamant about losing that weight, and I worked my ass off and probably did some things I should have to lose that weight. Long story short I lost 85 pounds in a 4-5 month period, dropping down to 145. I did look so good though because I was extremely saggy, and I still had a gut, etc. So, I started at the gym, hitting the weights. 

Fast forward two years later and I’m at 185, and for the most part, I’m looking really good now. But, there are a few loose ends that annoy me to no end. I still have the love handles on the lower back, and I also and skin residing over my belly button, hanging right on the oblique line. Everywhere that still sags I have stretch marks. Has anyone been through this and know of any other solution other than surgery?

Sounds like you’re still young, which is good. The best solution is waiting patiently. Time is on your side; because you lost the weight at such a young age, your loose skin will start to conform to your body. Trust me, I know how you’re feeling.

I’m on the same boat brother. My solution: smear cocoa butter on problem areas, stay lean, and if that fails gain more muscle mass.

If there’s a maternity store in your area, maybe pop in there.

Sounds weird, but they make a lot of stretch mark creams for pregnant women.

I have no idea how effective they are though.

I feel your pain brotha

Hi,

I used to have pretty bad stretch marks and red scars around my belly region ever since I gave birth to my three kids.I had tried Vitamin E oil and cocoa butter which a number of people had recommended but unfortunately it didn’t seem to work too well. My Doctor had even suggested that I go for a Tummy Tuck. I then recently read an article about a lady who supposedly got rid of her stretch marks using a particular cream. I tried it and it worked really well. It took a number of weeks but my stretch marks soon faded away. You can read the lady’s article at the link below.

stretchmarkszapped.wordpress.com

[quote]jennifer8055 wrote:
Hi,

[/quote]

It won’t work!

lol

[quote]NateOrade wrote:
jennifer8055 wrote:
Hi,

I used to have pretty bad stretch marks and red scars around my belly region ever since I gave birth to my three kids.I had tried Vitamin E oil and cocoa butter which a number of people had recommended but unfortunately it didn’t seem to work too well. My Doctor had even suggested that I go for a Tummy Tuck. I then recently read an article about a lady who supposedly got rid of her stretch marks using a particular cream. I tried it and it worked really well. It took a number of weeks but my stretch marks soon faded away. You can read the lady’s article at the link below.

stretchmarkszapped.wordpress.com

[/quote]

If you [nate] are in any way advocating hitting women [for whatever sick reason]; f*ck off man. leave the site.

that’s horrible; and i have a pretty sick sense of humor…

Yeah I don’t know why I used that picture.
…I’ll change it to one of a kid wielding a rolling pin.

EDIT: Well I tried to anyway.

Nothing will take stretch marks away completely. Stretch marks are scars and the newer they are the more red they appear. Any product that reduces the appearance of scars will help. Try Bio Oil.

I was just about to say Bio Oil. It made the stretch marks on my biceps almost completely disappear, and I’ve only been using it for a month or so. Try vitamin E pills as well.

Also, they are less visible on tanned skin. I just got back from vacation and with my new tan they are now indistinguishable.

I have also read that polyunsaturated fatty acids can help with the elasticity of the skin but I have no idea how true this is.

SSC is right your still young and your skin still has its elasticity and they will fade

[quote]NateOrade wrote:
Yeah I don’t know why I used that picture.
…I’ll change it to one of a kid wielding a rolling pin.

EDIT: Well I tried to anyway.[/quote]

no worries man; i know the pic your talking about…THAT made me have a laugh

Time is on your side. Just keep working hard in and outside the gym and the problems will go away or lessen in time

Id give it time man just like everyone said as well you might wanna try building some more muscle in the meantime! Muscle never hurt anyone…am I right?

OP unfortunately stretch marks are permanent. Build up a decent physique though and the stretch marks won’t matter.

I couldn’t give a rat’s ass whether a guy had stretch marks, scars etc. I do like a muscular body though ; )

I’ve been using Vitamin E oil, I found that it helped significantly (i used to have them around my obliques as you mentioned, they don’t necessarily go away completely but they do become less noticeable). It’s a question of time with that sort of thing, just put it on the problem areas before you go to bed and you should see it getting better. As others have said, just try to keep lean/build enough muscle that people don’t notice anymore, plus if you get them from having built muscle, consider them badges of honour, haha. Good luck

I’ve used cocoa butter lotions, mederma, retin-A and none of them did a thing.
Trying an effing expensive cream right now called Stretch Renew Stretch Mark Cream, got rave reviews. Not doing much for me.

I dunno, I’m of east indian descent. Maybe this stuff is just meant for white people.

[quote]Seego wrote:

I dunno, I’m of east indian descent. Maybe this stuff is just meant for white people.[/quote]

I’m Indian myself.