T Nation

The Dreaded Change Room

When I go o the gym I have my warm-up pants over my shorts and a t-shirt over my workout t-shirt. I just strip them off by the hangers and storage boxes. I do however use the change room facilities when I need to piss and wash my hands. I swear every time I do some guy has just taken his daily dump and the stink is gagging.

It’s horrible fact it’s worse than horrible, it repulsive. Like walking into bio-hazard room filled with toxic waste. It’s like a test on how long can you hold your breath.

Now the shower room, well that’s more of a phobia. Way to many bare feet have touched that floor. Now there are lots of very decent people with great hygiene at the gym. But 5% is still off the scale for me, so I don’t use it I just can’t. Has anyone else encountered these discomforts or other horror stories.

I think all locker rooms are nasty. At least all that I have seen are. The only time I use the facilities at my gym (other than the lockers) is when I need to work directly after training. Other than that, I stay the hell away!

Here’s a funny one… My stupid gym is remodeling the women’s locker room right now so in all of their genius the management has decided to make the OTHER locker room for women every other day & for men every other day. So on the first day of this nonsense I walk into what is normally the men’s locker room to put my coat in a locker and there is naked chick standing there staring at me. My first thought was “oh fuck, I live in the city with the most lawyers per capita and I am probably gonna get sued…”

No. Actually my first thought was “WTF!? A naked fat chick!!”

[quote]streamline wrote:
Now the shower room, well that’s more of a phobia. Way to many bare feet have touched that floor. Now there are lots of very decent people with great hygiene at the gym. But 5% is still off the scale for me, so I don’t use it I just can’t. Has anyone else encountered these discomforts or other horror stories.[/quote]

Get some flip flops.

[quote]beebuddy wrote:

No. Actually my first thought was “WTF!? A naked fat chick!!”[/quote]

But the real question is…did you get a boner?

[quote]gatesoftanhauser wrote:
beebuddy wrote:

No. Actually my first thought was “WTF!? A naked fat chick!!”

But the real question is…did you get a boner?
[/quote]

I always do…

I walked into the changing room at our local YMCA today, go into a locker section…a man is changing two of his kid’s diapers right in the middle of the floor. Not something i want to see or smell…

Hah, that’s nothing. Gym rooms aren’t so bad.

You should see some of the dirty gringy hockey change rooms I’ve been in.
Piss on the floor, rotting ceilings and sometimes cockroaches. Great stuff.

I still remember one place, you couldn’t flush the toilet or else piss would fly up int he middle of another change room. It was great, providing you weren’t there.

my “Y” locker/shower area is pretty decent . but 1 of the old guys grossed me out once . he’s standing there in all his glory , grabs his stick deodorant from his locker , and proceedS to USE IT ON HIS GENITAL AREA ! fuckin’ nasty …jesus christ , this isnt the 30’s anymore…we have spare water these days

gave me the frikkin creeps