The Dosage Bible

Goal: to make this thread the fucking Magna Carta of dosage protocols for all supplements.

Specifically, I have come across many supplements whose effective dosages I have been unsure of. I’m relegated to either referencing PubMed studies - not a good thing to do, actually - or searching for threads of testimonials of certain supplements and hoping a member posted what dosage they used to see appreciable results.

I will try to update this original post to reflect dosages posted by members for supplements people ask about, so those of you interested will not have to sift through a potentially long thread.

Here are the supps whose effective dosages I would like to know:

Vitamin D3
DIM
Fenugreek seed
Bitter Melon extract (powder, not liquid)
Calcium D-Glucarate
Cinnamon extract
Chromium Picolinate
Folic Acid

If anyone has any clue for any of the above, please let me know. Also, if you have come across information on CYCLING a particular supplement, make sure to include that; whether you found research or better results through trial & error is of no importance to me - both are valid.

I like this idea, but I don’t have much to offer. I hope that many will contribute. Where’s Laroyal?

Its a good idea though its going to be hard to be accurate. Dosage is dependent on what your trying to achieve. Look at creatine. 3-5g is great for athletes but if you want maximum nootropic effects or prevent atrophy of an arm in a cast then you need at around 20g/day.

[quote]Beatnik wrote:
Its a good idea though its going to be hard to be accurate. Dosage is dependent on what your trying to achieve. Look at creatine. 3-5g is great for athletes but if you want maximum nootropic effects or prevent atrophy of an arm in a cast then you need at around 20g/day.

[/quote]

I agree, but what you stated regarding creatine is an example of what I want to see.

For instance, I wrote in another thread that I consider a maintenance and an Rx dose with every supplement, where the Rx dose (for acute treatment of something) I take to be 2-3x the maintenance dose. At least, that and the cycling of all supplements is a philosophy I follow.

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:
Beatnik wrote:

I agree, but what you stated regarding creatine is an example of what I want to see.

For instance, I wrote in another thread that I consider a maintenance and an Rx dose with every supplement, where the Rx dose (for acute treatment of something) I take to be 2-3x the maintenance dose. At least, that and the cycling of all supplements is a philosophy I follow.[/quote]

I agree here. Studies seem to indicate 4-5g leucine should be plenty, but I’ve done 2 week cycles using 20g leucine PWO and broke some plateaus. I think that a lot of these supplements can and should be cycled intelligently, based on desired results.

Good idea for a thread. Hopefully you can compile all the data and edit the main post to keep an updated list.

-Sab

[quote]Beatnik wrote:
but if you want maximum nootropic effects…then you need at around 20g/day.

[/quote]

Good stuff, I never heard that. It’s probably in the 4000 page nootropic thread, huh?

[quote]mrcold wrote:
Beatnik wrote:

Good stuff, I never heard that. It’s probably in the 4000 page nootropic thread, huh?[/quote]

actually no, its not. haha, but anyways what happened to this thread…? no one started it.

I’ve been taking 3,000 IU of Vit. D
for about; 3 weeks.

Nothing to report.

So is there a particular format you want? I havnt used any of the supps you mentioned but i see alot of potential for this thread if we could just get it moving.

Supplement:
Form (amino, HCl salt):
Desired effects:
Minimum research supported dose:
Maximum intake before discomfort:
Optimal intake:
Dosage before negative effects kick in:

[quote]
Beatnik wrote:

Good stuff, I never heard that. It’s probably in the 4000 page nootropic thread, huh?[/quote]

the 20g figure i came up with is based on a study of university students who had their arms placed in a cast and the atrophy of the arm measured. I found i was less tired after study sessions when megadosing creatine in this range (i had seen mention of creatine as a noot). It wasn’t a pronounced effect. I was just less tired. I struggle with fatigue alot after giving up drugs. So it just may be me.