The Dorian Yates Thread

Back workout coming up, so naturally Dorian Yates is on the brain.

This is the Dorian Yates thread for all things Dorian Yates, plus, I just like to say “Dorian Yates” over and over and over…

If you got Yates, post it.

Dorian Yates official picture gallery:

Blood and Guts Dorian Yates

(attn: FattyFat – rows @ 2:30)

Blood and Guts 2009: Dorian Yates, Chris Cormier (this is more Cormier w/Yates training him, but good ending…)

Yates: RDL’s

Best of Yates (Montage)

Dorian Yates Mr Olympia 1997

Early Yates (w/mullet) Back:

He mentioned coming all the way back to work the smaller muscles for detail, but I always thought that was just a matter of bodyfat. Which is it?

Dorian Yates > God?

Best split evar… (thanks to DY and C_C)

Day 1 - Chest + Arms
Day 2 - Legs
Day 3 - Off
Day 4 - Shoulders + Back
Day 5 - Off
Day 6 - Rinse and Repeat

Blood and Guts is ALWAYS mandatory.

In fact, you know what? If more people on this forum listened to DY alone about training they’d be a whole hell of a lot bigger and stronger.

good to see a hardcase from birmingham, england showing everyone the way :wink:

[quote]SSC wrote:

In fact, you know what? If more people on this forum listened to DY alone about training they’d be a whole hell of a lot bigger and stronger.[/quote]

Probably the truest thing I’ve ever read on this site.

Guy’s been my biggest inspiration for a damn long time. Just beastly

S

I like Dorian Yates. He is definitely my favourite bodybuilder.

Everything he does looks and feels epic. Training, on stage, his appearance: All just epic, intense and hardcore as hell.

Also, I learned a lot from him training wise. Yates rocks!

Even retired so many years, guy still looks great.
(last years NY Pro)

S

Pause that “best of” video of Dorian at 52/53 seconds… I was shocked the first time I saw that and had to go back and make sure it wasn’t shadows playing a trick on my eye.

I have always considered Dorian the thinking man’s bodybuilder, one of my favorites of all time for sure.

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
Even retired so many years, guy still looks great.
(last years NY Pro)

S[/quote]

He still looks great-- but, who’s the guy in the black shirt?? :wink:

BEAST!!!

@SteelyD
Thanks for this thread, a great idea.
Check pm.

@ScottM
ACK.

@Stu
You’re looking pretty thick in that shot. Was that before or after your contest rebound?

That was a week, maybe 2 after my show. I doubt I was even 180 lbs in that pic! It killed me that I finally got to meet Dorian, and I looked all scrawny (my head look f-ing huge!!! -lol)

S

dorian yates age 24

dorian yates age 26 proberly around 220-225 at a guess

[quote]Scott M wrote:
Pause that “best of” video of Dorian at 52/53 seconds… I was shocked the first time I saw that and had to go back and make sure it wasn’t shadows playing a trick on my eye.

I have always considered Dorian the thinking man’s bodybuilder, one of my favorites of all time for sure. [/quote]

i’ve seen this frame of his back/traps before and thought the same thing. that’s the craziest trap image i’ve ever seen, he looks like an alien!!! Scott thanks for you’re advice way back on calorie dense food. i’ve been in a holding pattern for a bit 215-220lbs but back when you commented on me gaining i was in the 180’s so i’ve added 40, thank you.

[quote]Scott M wrote:

I have always considered Dorian the thinking man’s bodybuilder, one of my favorites of all time for sure. [/quote]

SCOTT:

Scott Abel said that Dorian trained the wrong way and that he would’ve progressed and looked better if he trained like an Abel Body.

The Yates split was the first proper routine I ever followed. I still think he’s my favourite bodybuilder, because he analysed everything he did. But let’s not forget Dorian’s training partner: “LET’S DIG DEEP, YATES, DIG DEEP! SQUEEEEEZE IIIIIIT!”

dude is unreal. i think he owns a gym in london somewhere these days.
was is just me or on the back training video was it kinda like an lsd trip with things popping up then disappearing haha good advice shocking editing

i though his routine was like this

1-Chest, Bis
2- Legs
3- Off
4-Shoulders, Tris
5-Back
6-Off
7-Repeat