The Doormouse Said: Feed Your Head!

There’s enough quality information on this website alone to write several books about how to optimize your diet for muscular performance and hypertrophy… but what about your brain? We all know the CNS has a huge impact on performance… so what do I eat to feed my brain?

By the way, for anyone that didn’t know and is incapable of using Google, the title is a line from one of the best songs ever recorded: “White Rabbit,” by Jefferson Airplane.

Maybe some Spike? Power Drive? Creatine?

Red meat to get lot’s of l-tyrosine?

Seriously though, there is a book out called “The Edge Effect” by Eric Bravermen in which he discusses diets to optimize neurotransmitters. His goal is more along the lines of eliminating depression though.

Spike and Power Drive aren’t really food, and creatine doesn’t have anything to do with enhancing neural efficiency.

Thanks for trying, though.

That is my favorite song. Finally someone else who appreciates it.

[quote]Weasel42 wrote:
Spike and Power Drive aren’t really food, and creatine doesn’t have anything to do with enhancing neural efficiency.

Thanks for trying, though.
[/quote]

You should do a little more research.

And yeah, the Airplane is great. Grace Slick’s voice is stellar.

EDIT: After reading the article… no. That doesn’t say anything about creatine enhancing athletic performance via neural means. It talks about enhancing performance on intelligence tests.

Depending on which version of what “Feed your head” meant at the time it was written was either “books” or LSD…

[quote]RoadWarrior wrote:
Depending on which version of what “Feed your head” meant at the time it was written was either “books” or LSD…[/quote]

It astounds me that you actually thought that needed to be said. Just… wow.

Yes. White Rabbit is about drugs and Alice In Wonderland, by Louis Carrol. It’s also probably the best song to listen to under the influence of any kind of drugs.

[quote]Weasel42 wrote:
so what do I eat to feed my brain?[/quote]

I’m fairly sure there are quite a few foods considered “brain foods.” Try using google to look them up…

[quote]Weasel42 wrote:
And yeah, the Airplane is great. Grace Slick’s voice is stellar.

EDIT: After reading the article… no. That doesn’t say anything about creatine enhancing athletic performance via neural means. It talks about enhancing performance on intelligence tests.[/quote]

I really don’t want to waste my time on this so let’s keep this as brief as possible. The article stated that creatine can “boost brain power.” This is essentially what you wanted. Not good enough. You then go on to say that the article, “doesn’t say anything about creatine enhancing athletic performance via neural means.” News flash.

Creatine helps to replenish lost stores of ATP depleted through anaerobic exercise. Anaerobic exercise uses muscle. Muscle is controlled by neurons. It is a well known fact that anaerobic exercises increases neural efficiency.

If you are looking for food to give you this same effect, by all means, when you find it please tell me and everyone else on this forum so we can stop wasting our time in the gym. If you are looking for something to DIRECTLY stimulate your neurons, I suggest buying a taser gun and shooting yourself directly in the nuts with it.