The Dodge Challenger

So, my car lease comes up in May…and I currently drive an economical Honda Civic (I used to have an Audi A4 which I unloaded just before the electrical system caved) …Anyway, I have found myself completely in love with the new Dodge Challengers. Okay maybe its lust, …because I know its going to be all wrong for my pocket book…but I want to touch it anyway. In the worst possible way. Well, it may not end up happening…but its the car thats burning through my dreams, just on the edge of possibility…far away in the vanishing point.

My dad had a 72 Dodge Challenger with that color scheme, but sold it before I was born. I’ve seen photos though, sweet ride.

I like Mustangs myself. Gonna get me one a these.

[quote]Uncle Gabby wrote:
My dad had a 72 Dodge Challenger with that color scheme, but sold it before I was born. I’ve seen photos though, sweet ride.

I like Mustangs myself. Gonna get me one a these.[/quote]

Nice! Yeah, they are coming back very true to form of those particular early models. Funny you should mention the Mustangs, since if I can’t manage a Challenger, that’s what I will most likely be getting. Just I wish it could be a Shelby model. Arghh I don’t wanna settle. Weaksauce.

<3 this trailer.

here you go

from the rear…just the way you like it

I think if you defrosted a caveman who’d been frozen in ice for 50,000 years and took him out of the lab and showed him one of these cars, he’d get a hard on. Even though he had no clue what a car was, he’d totally dig it.

I’m thinking they are going to be in pretty high demand soon. But it would be so nice to tear into my work parking lot in that mean piece of machinery, and park it right next to all the beamers they all have.

My favorite muscle car has always been Mad Max’s Black V8 interceptor. From Wikipedia:"Max’s black Pursuit Special was a limited GT351 version of a 1973 Ford XB Falcon Coupe �?? sold in Australia from December 1973 to August 1976 �?? which was modified by the film’s art director Jon Dowding. After filming was over, this Interceptor was bought and restored by Bob Forsenko and is currently on display in the Cars of the Stars Motor Museum in Cumbria, England [2].

I haven’t seen that film in years, but yet remember the car vividly.

You had me at 425 hp.

Since we’re dreaming…

'67 Corvette Stingray.

[quote]Chewie wrote:
You had me at 425 hp. [/quote]

LOL. Seriously.

I remember when I saw these concept photos for this car and the new camaro. Amazing.

I’d probably end up killing myself if I got behind the wheel of one, though.

Good luck, I think the 2009s are all spoken for.

Also, make sure you factor in insurance. It will be a big bite.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
Chewie wrote:
You had me at 425 hp.

LOL. Seriously.

I remember when I saw these concept photos for this car and the new camaro. Amazing.

I’d probably end up killing myself if I got behind the wheel of one, though.[/quote]

Not likely actually. The traction control system fixes all those annoying handling issues of the old muscle cars. We had one of these bad boys for testing back up in MI and the only way we could get it to spin out was to turn off the ECU!

The worst part will be gas, at 13 MPG city and only 18 highway (good luck actually getting 18) you wont be going very far on a tank.

For this reason I wish the car was either a supercharged V6 or desiel. I know the Hemi is classic, but really, do we need a 13 MPG car?

Deleted

Saw this car the year it released at the Detroit auto show also went and saw the new Camaro concept when it came out. Both are super nice, both exterior and attention to detail in interior i personally already have a mopar car in the garage, 73 cuda’ (not a hemi :frowning: ) so i think i’ll definitely be investing in the new Camaro SS. This seems like its mostly american car guys but has anyone checked out the specs on the new Skyline GTR nissans releasing? looks INSANE to say the least

[quote]pushharder wrote:
Molotov_Coktease wrote:

…vanishing point.

What a movie! I saw it on its first release in 1971. First time I ever saw titties on the big screen.

[Nostalgic moment…wistful look…]
[/quote]

I figured somebody would catch the reference …I also posted the old trailer to it …It’s kick ass but hilarious in its way. I have yet to see the new version of Vanishing Point with Viggo Mortensen…, and even though I’m sure some figure its a blaspheming remake…I’d watch him in anything. Seen it by chance?

Also…to the person who said the new Challengers were booked up for '09 …I did mention that I thought I might not attain one on account of high demand as well as financial burden. (IE insurance and fuel). So go piss on somebody elses mopar parade :oP

I might not get one in May…but I will have one. Its not a pipe dream so to speak… that would be a Lambourghini Murcielago. This is doable …its just a matter of time and patience.

Just giving you a heads up, unwedge your panties.