The Disappearing Male

I think this needs to be clarified as the disappearing “average” male.

Cause guys in pro sports are sure as shit not getting any smaller.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]heavythrower wrote:
what the fuck ever…go to your local ghetto and you would think there is fertilizer in the water. lol[/quote]

I’ve noticed that difference too. Poorer neighborhoods in this city can have some of the most built tough looking fuckers walking around.

Across town people look like if the wind blows too hard their lives are over. I know some of this may be environmental, but I am betting life style has way more to do with it.

Maybe a frenzy of Starbucks, shopping, video games, and sitting on your ass doesn’t make you the best stud.[/quote]

watch the first 10 minutes of “Idiocracy”.

good documentary

^ Great movie

[quote]TheTwins wrote:
Boys are so fragile :slight_smile: [/quote]

Hello. I can’t help but feel we’ve met before.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
I think this needs to be clarified as the disappearing “average” male.

Cause guys in pro sports are sure as shit not getting any smaller.[/quote]

…and honestly, anyone walking around even the size I am now in the 80’s would have been considered a pro athlete or a wrestler. The truth is, you have the ability now to reach level of size and strength not seen before…but far fewer have the drive to get there. You end up with 95% of the gym looking like they don’t even train…and then 5% who are walking around bigger than Arnold was in the 60’s.

As far as environmental factors I would say the following could be culprits:

1. less warfare in the developed world. From the cold war and previous there was pretty much conflict somewhere in the developed world…ie vietnam, korea, ww2, ww1, the falklands war, all sorts of colonial powers struggling to retain sovereignty. Conscription was also pretty common, thus a majority of young men had faced battle at some point. This would probably stimulate more testosterone and or aggression.

2. Less PC in society: It was more acceptable to be “male” in actions and characteristics… prize fighters were the idol of many kids, boxing was a much much more common sport…people didnt engage in lawsuits as much and if you were a kid that had a problem with another kid, you could duke it out. Boys will be boys is now treated as some sort of emotional disorder so normal rambunctious kids get diagnosed with Emotional disturbances and or Autism, then heavily medicated and socially conditioned for societal acceptance. Ritalin, adderral…all sorts of other emotionally numbing drugs are much more common.

3. decline of heavy industry: Particularly in my hometown of Pittsburgh this is relevant. My fathers generation and previous didnt need to go to college here, you worked in the steel mills, the coke works, the airbrake plant and all manner of associated industries and made a good wage doing dangerous and physical labor. I still remember my grandpa, who worked on the railroad his entire life, at 74 he was moving several hundred pound boxes and furniture to help us move. Now you have 35-40 year old men bitching about bad hips and their golf game that are pretty much “soft” by comparison. Now the typical workplace is some stuffy ass cubicle where you cant say anything negative or look at a girls ass without getting fired. Lots of low level stressors in the environment that decrease test and increase cortisol.

4)This sounds chauvinistic, but the increase in women in the professional workplace has exacerbated these PC issues, and put men in further competition and thus stress in the workplace. This increases stress related to family as marriages erode and broken homes become more prevalent. The role of the dominant man as a breadwinner for his family has eroded.

1. Particularly in America, its alot easier to get away with being physically and mentally weak as a male due to the factors listed above. Combine that with increased survival rates from available nutrition (shitty nutrition at that) and you have alot of guys walking around that wouldnt have survived the depression or working on the railroads…the wild west, etc.

This society of comfort, video games replacing real sports and competition, twinkies, etc…

Shit, watch gran torino, and that little kid is afraid to talk to a girl. wtf.

How many kids hunt and fish anymore? Go out and chop wood with their dads? Fix a car or plumbing? How many kids even have a masculine role model as a father, boys are growing up in single female households.

^They are also being raised to avoid any and all “masculine characteristics”. You can’t show any outward aggression or it gets called “roid rage”. This society is raising young men to act like women because it has lost the need for the “soldier” and manual labor…until the shit hits the fan…then once the conflict is over, down with the soldier and manual labor again.

I am betting a lot of the guys logging in here weren’t even made to cut their own yards by their parents.

^They are also being raised to avoid any and all “masculine characteristics”. You can’t show any outward aggression or it gets called “roid rage”. This society is raising young men to act like women because it has lost the need for the “soldier” and manual labor…until the shit hits the fan…then once the conflict is over, down with the soldier and manual labor again.

I am betting a lot of the guys logging in here weren’t even made to cut their own yards by their parents.[/quote]

X again I still thing there is a social economic element to this. Low middle class or poverty level fight wars and do manual labor I know I do 3500 physicals a year on manual labor workers. Used to middle class kids were raised with a sense of physical labor, riding bikes to school, play sports, cut the yard etc. That has declined in the middle class due to multiple reasons.

And yes displaying aggression is not accepted now.

We get in a fight in the school yard and you got a couple of swats from the principal and it was done.

Now they call the cops press charges for assault, expel you from school and then send you to the alternative school.

I am betting a lot of the guys logging in here weren’t even made to cut their own yards by their parents.[/quote]

If my father came home and saw my mother shoveling the driveway or mowing the lawn while I was in the house pulling my pecker fur was going to fly I assure you PX lol. You could say that’s a generation thing but in our home with my son the same applies now.

I’ve come home from work and seen my wife doing the same thing and she’ll say “don’t get upset, I told him to stay in the house, I wanted to get outside anyway etc”. I reply by heading directly to the front door and yell “BOY, get yer ass outside and help your mother!”.

Funny part is he’s torn between listening to his mother insist on doing it herself and knowing that when the old man get’s home he’s in shit, kinda comical really.

I must confess that I wanted our son to have no part in getting into factory work like his old man did. The closest to it for him has been working at a big chain harware store loading drywall and plywood allday so he knows a little bit about shitty working conditions but nothing like I have.

He just finished his first year of a four year nursing course and I couldn’t be happier and most importantly he is as well with his choice.

I also taught him that flip flops outside of a shower environement are gay, that is all…

[quote]bond james bond wrote:

If my father came home and saw my mother shoveling the driveway or mowing the lawn while I was in the house pulling my pecker fur was going to fly I assure you PX lol. You could say that’s a generation thing but in our home with my son the same applies now.

I’ve come home from work and seen my wife doing the same thing and she’ll say “don’t get upset, I told him to stay in the house, I wanted to get outside anyway etc”. I reply by heading directly to the front door and yell “BOY, get yer ass outside and help your mother!”.

Funny part is he’s torn between listening to his mother insist on doing it herself and knowing that when the old man get’s home he’s in shit, kinda comical really.

I must confess that I wanted our son to have no part in getting into factory work like his old man did. The closest to it for him has been working at a big chain harware store loading drywall and plywood allday so he knows a little bit about shitty working conditions but nothing like I have.

He just finished his first year of a four year nursing course and I couldn’t be happier and most importantly he is as well with his choice.

I also taught him that flip flops outside of a shower environement are gay, that is all…

[/quote]

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]bond james bond wrote:

[/quote]
[/quote]

GAY AS SHIT my friend lol.

edit/ Holy fuck! I thought you were insinuating they were two big fuckers and I dare you to call them queer…then i noticed them holding hands…

I wear flip flops (not the open toed ones, but I like my feet). I personally have tried to stop caring what people think all around. I find that to be more “masculine”…or rather, more confident. I also don’t care about people being gay. I doubt those two dudes in that picture get fucked with much.

Also, it takes a real man to wear these.

two dudes in that picture get fucked with much.

[/quote]

Besides each other yes I agree.

We are just joking X

Plus I have the hulk version of the V5

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[/quote]

We are just joking X

Plus I have the hulk version of the V5[/quote]

Hulk version?

Link?

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[/quote]

We are just joking X

Plus I have the hulk version of the V5[/quote]

Hulk version?

Link?[/quote]

I bought them on the south side at a specialty store

LOL. I was hoping for HULK written on the side.

I’ll have to make my own.

Monogram place should be able to do it. Hmmmmm I just may do that myself.

I’ll have to make my own.[/quote]

It would be pretty sick if Vibram set up a site where people could customize their shoe design.