The Difference Between...

Hey everyone, what’s the difference between an SLDL (stiff leg deadlift) and stiff leg partials?

I’m guessing a stiff leg partial would pretty much look like a RDL. I know that it’s done BELOW the knee also.

On stiff leg deads does one go all the way down to hit the floor, or is there a bend at the knee’s a little bit, and just go as far down as possible to get a stretch in the hamstrings. I’m pretty confused about this and any help would be much appreciated.

[quote]dl- wrote:
Hey everyone, what’s the difference between an SLDL (stiff leg deadlift) and stiff leg partials?

I’m guessing a stiff leg partial would pretty much look like a RDL. I know that it’s done BELOW the knee also.

On stiff leg deads does one go all the way down to hit the floor, or is there a bend at the knee’s a little bit, and just go as far down as possible to get a stretch in the hamstrings. I’m pretty confused about this and any help would be much appreciated. [/quote]

Partials are from pins like a rack pull, other from the floor.

Phill

Oh really…lol wow woulda never thought of that. Alright so are SLDL’s like, the objective isn’t to hit the floor right…just go as low as possible with it while maintaining an arch right, with knee’s bent a little right?

Thanks for the response phil!

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459241

Here’s a good one.

Try not to laugh at “butt punches”.

You can’t.

[quote]dl- wrote:
Oh really…lol wow woulda never thought of that. Alright so are SLDL’s like, the objective isn’t to hit the floor right…just go as low as possible with it while maintaining an arch right, with knee’s bent a little right?

IMO I go to the floor with SLDL’s hell I will do them from a deficite at times from a box 4" or so. adjust weight accordingly of course. If you cant keep a relative good arch and get there then well time to work on flexibility a bit IMO.

The partials would be well partial not all the way heavier more than liklely

Phill

alrght well yeh, i was gonna eventually do the SLDL’s off a 3inch (that is what is reccomeneded off SGT. Rock’s deadlift program)…but yeah that seems good. I’ll also try those stiff leg partials from pins, thanks

One thing that I really never see any need for is Straight Leg Deadlifts. For most people, the flexibility is just not up to par and the low back WILL round over. Even if you want to do Stiff legged Deadlifts, keep a comfortable bend in the knees.

Tear those hammies up!

-MAtt