The diet where....

Hi I’m looking for that post about the diet a few “movie star” people used/use to gain musclemass in minimum of time. The diet where U eat non carbs for a few days and then low fat, high carbs, high protein, and so on. Not a keto-diet, but some other kind of diet that was posted here a few weeks ago. I can’t find it. Can U give me the name of who posted it, or a link to the message?

Here is the diet as it was posted w/comments a while back. I copied it for study later:

36 day extreme mass gainning phase. Average gain is 18 lbs in 36 days. This is a 9 day cyle which should be repeated 4 times. Day 0, Stop eating at 6:00 pm. Day 1, Train Lower Body on an empty stomach Complete 36 sets of 15-20 reps in 1 hour (use thermogenics). Use high reps and low rest intervals. Eat only Protein and Fat as nuts,oils,meats (2% or less as carbs). Daily carb intake basically 1/2 piece of lettuce! ha ha. Day 2, Train Upper Body. Complete 36 sets of 15-20 reps in 1 hour (use thermogenics). Use high reps and low rest intervals Eat only Protein and Fat as nuts,oils,meats (2% or less as carbs). Day 3, Rest. Eat only Protein and Fat as nuts,oils,meats (2% or less as carbs). Must feel like TOTAL SHIT or else you did something wrong! Day 4 Train Legs Mike Mentzer Style (low total sets to absolute failure). Atleast 70% of total calories must come from carbs (captain crunch,rice,ect…). Day 5, Train Arms Mike Mentzer Style (low total sets to absolute failure). Atleast 70% of total calories must come from carbs (captain crunch…). Day 6, Rest. Atleast 70% of total calories must come from carbs (captain crunch…). Day 7, Train Lower Body using strength trainning protocols (sets of 3-5) Eat your normal diet because you must be mentally sharp. Day 8, Train Upper Body using strength trainning protocols (sets of 3-5). Eat your normal diet because you must be mentally sharp Day 9, Rest. Stop eating at 6:00 pm. Day 10 Repeat Starting at Day 1

Comment:Just looking through my notes from a Poliquin seminar where he detailed this diet. A few things: 1) You will basically go lower body (day one) - upper body (day two) - off (day three) and keep repeating. 2) On day 4, your breakfast will be high fat and no carbs. The rest of the day will be 70% carbs, 10% fat, and 10% protein. 3) On day 6, your diet will be 80% carbs and 20% protein (no fat). 4) On days 7 - 9, Poliquin stressed a "mixed diet" with good fats added. 5) You should use therms before your first four workouts only. 6) You should use glutamine before you last two workouts (of the 9 day cycle) and only these workouts (1 kg of bodyweight = .35 g/glutamine). 7) Increase your magnesium, zinc, and chromium intake on the high carb days. 8) Load creatine on high carb and heavy (load) training days. 9) Poliquin said you will get the best training response with this diet by working out in the morning. 10) Poliquin also stressed this diet MUST be followed perfectly or the results will be drastically reduced. Let me know if anyone has success with it.

Comment: Yep, it was the latest Poliquin seminar in Buffalo, New York. By Strength trainning protocols, he means higher number of sets with low reps and total time under tension per set should be less than 20 seconds. For example 6 sets of 2-4 reps for squats on a 402 or 302 tempo. The rest period in between sets should also be 4-5 minutes but you could pair agonists and antagonists together. As far as how many calories, he dosen't like to prescribe calories, Poliquin just says to get 1.5 to 2 grams of protein per pound. Since it's mass gainning, I would rather error on the high side than not enough. The goal of the first few days in to totally deplete glycogen stores, then go nuts on carbs starting on the 4th day. I want to try this program but I have to time it rigth with work and all... I bet I would be a zombie!

Comment: I learned this at a Poliquin seminar too. He said alot of actors who need to put weight on fast for roles use this. I have never tried this, but one guy in the seminar had and had excellent results with it. Poliquin stressed you almost absolutely need a training partner b/c you have to push each other until you get physically ill. Its hard, but not impossible, to motivate yourself to that extent for 36 straight days.