The Diet of a 16 Year Old

hello, i am 16 years old, im a varsity football player and im only a sophmore. im 210 pounds and my best lifts are:

bench: 280

squat: 370

trap bar deadlift: 500

olympic bar deadlift: 405

ok i think you would agree that im at least fairly strong for only lifting like this since i was an 8th grader. My question is about bulking up. my goal by july 31 is to be 230-245+ pounds. I eat around 5000 calories a day of home-cooked meals, and homeade baked goods. My diet aint nowhere clean though, at times i eat like crap. for bulking up and not having it affect my health in he future, should i eat clean for 6000 calories a day, or eat the way i do regularly. if you really want to help, ill message you my daily meal diary for a week

Eat anything that isn’t “junk” food… Cookies, twinkies, ice cream, etc etc.

The rest is fair game IMO

im eating Wise Ruffle chips right now…so yea.

brb

i have this shredded cheese in my fridge and im desperately trying to find something to put it on

edit: i went with a peanut butter and nanner sandwhich instead…on whole grain of course :wink:

how deep are you going on that squat if its only 30 pounds lighter than your deadlift?

id like to see a vid to verify it.

Drink milk.
Milk with breakfast.
Milk PWO.
Milk before bed.

i wish i had been that strong at 16…

then again, i wouldn’t have this sweet avatar if i had been, lol.

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:
i wish i had been that strong at 16…

then again, i wouldn’t have this sweet avatar if i had been, lol.[/quote]

I thought that was your “after” photo of the V-Diet :wink:

[quote]Anthony50 wrote:
Drink milk.
Milk with breakfast.
Milk PWO.
Milk before bed.[/quote]

Not necessarily. I became lactose intolerant very quickly as a result of my high milk intake.

It slows down your digestive system and can cause you to become quite ill for an extended period of time.

hey bro

make sure you eat enough proteins and calories to recover from your intesne workouts. Train hard! eat tons at 16 it’s too easy (pizza with the friends, whip cream off of your gf’s stomach - haha just kidding bro :wink:

Basically man, you’re 16 so jus eat a lot of good solid food and the muscle will pile on!

Nice lifts. I would try to clean the diet up some…more protein less baked goods…I wouldn’t plan how much weight to put on…Make sure you keep running while you put the weight on…That should guide you on when to cut back the calories…If you start to lose agility and endurance I would stop the bulk even if you are still adding strength.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
how deep are you going on that squat if its only 30 pounds lighter than your deadlift?

id like to see a vid to verify it.[/quote]

x2.

40 lbs in 17 weeks? Eat food.
16 years old? Eat more food.

You’re doing pretty damn good for your age. You should always try to get plenty of protein, some fruit and vegetables, but don’t obsess over eating clean. At your age you can get away with eating garbage that you won’t be able to in 5 or 10 years. Enjoy it while you can.

iight guys i swear to you on my LIFE that i go parralel, it dont count to me if i dont
, my deadlift is being an asshole lately, so yeah. i wanna get a vid on my myspace, but i dont have a camera.

[quote]Standard Donkey wrote:
Anthony50 wrote:
Drink milk.
Milk with breakfast.
Milk PWO.
Milk before bed.

Not necessarily. I became lactose intolerant very quickly as a result of my high milk intake.

It slows down your digestive system and can cause you to become quite ill for an extended period of time.[/quote]

well wouldnt the best way to gain weight be to slow down your digestive system?

Milk

Get some whey protien, or a protien blend.

Drink a couple shakes a day especially after you lift or get back from practice.

Standard Donkey wrote:
Anthony50 wrote:
Drink milk.
Milk with breakfast.
Milk PWO.
Milk before bed.

It slows down your digestive system and can cause you to become quite ill for an extended period of time.

well wouldnt the best way to gain weight be to slow down your digestive system?[/quote]

You’re confusing digestive system with metabolism. I’m not too surprised.

im only looking for foods that will gain the most weight, just take milk outta their cuz i drink over a half gallon daily, i love milk its the bomb lol. but yeah, just 75% healthy food ideas, i kinda dont think ill ever be able to eat clean, i mean cmon, im a powerlifter lol

[quote]Uncle Gabby wrote:
At your age you can get away with eating garbage that you won’t be able to in 5 or 10 years. Enjoy it while you can.[/quote]

Amen to that. I wish I had my 16 year old metabolism again. Taco bell and Carl’s Jr. all day every day.

Standard Donkey wrote:
Anthony50 wrote:
Drink milk.
Milk with breakfast.
Milk PWO.
Milk before bed.

well wouldnt the best way to gain weight be to slow down your digestive system?[/quote]

so your intestines stockpile shit and toxins? not really.