The Detroit Red Wings ROCK!!!

Has anyone been following the Stanely Cup playoffs? Detroit absolutely destroyed Colorado in game 7. Hockey is the sport! Hockey is like football on ice skates, being able to use baseball bats to knock people around. Hockeytown (Detroit) is on FIRE for the finals.

Carolina in Six.

No, the Colorado Avalanche Rock! We were robbed! If the refs were better we wouldn’t have been scored on. Plus the Red Wings eat octupi. That gives them an unfair advantage. Go Claude Lemieux!

Hey we are Detroit! We dominate! We have nothing else to cheer for so we cheer for guys that have never lived in Michigan! Go Red Wings and Go Blue! Most of us love U of M because all our friends do! Our pro football team wears Hawaiian blue. We rock!

No, man, you ROCK! YOU ARE ON FIRE! YOU ACTUALLY PLAYED IN THE GAME SO YOU ROCK! YOU UNDERSTAND HOCKEY AND YOU ARE THE REASON THE RED WINGS WON! YOU CAN TAKE PERSONAL PRIDE IN THE RED WINGS’ ACCOMPLISHMENTS! YOU CAN ORDER FOOD AT THE RESTAURANT AND SIGN YOUR NAME RED WINGS! AFTER YOU SCORED YOUR 7TH GOAL, I SCREAMED THERE HE IS THE RED WING! YOU CAN BE SEEN ON THE BIOGRAPHY CHANNEL AS THE RED WING! YOUR RESIDENCE IS JOE LOUIS ARENA! YOU CAN DEMAND MONEY FROM PEOPLE IN COLORADO BECAUSE YOU CONQUERED THEM! YOUR PHONE NUMBER IS 1-900-RED-WINGS. YOU ROCK!

You are the Bomb! Just like your name, the V2. You kick ass! Detroit Kicks Ass!

V2, congrats on your boyz making the finals! It’s nice
to see some other hockey maniacs from the U.S.! It was
a close series - a true classic … well up until last night,
anyway. Here in the Northeast, we were having violent
T-strorms and lost our TV 10 minutes into the game,
I almost freaked-out! Being a rabid “hockey junkie,”
I found myself pacing the floor like a crack addict waiting
for his belated fix to arrive (which didn’t happen till well
into the 3rd period, when it was 6-0). WHAT HAPPENED?!
Looks like the Avs got booted off “the island,” in no
uncertain terms, eh?

I've throughly enjoyed the playoffs so far, even though my team failed show up again. God, I love the playoffs: there's somthing about a bunch a guyz with razors on their feet and clubs in their hands, skating around at dizzying speeds, in pursuit of the Holy Grail ... Lord Stanley's Cup!

P.S. Sorta brings a tear to my eye, *snifff*!

I hate the red wings, I am an avalanche fan. I do have to say though I do like many of the Red Wings players though. But in all honesty, it was a great series. I had the chance to see game 5 in detroit and nearly got my ass kicked when forsberg scored in OT because I was cheering like a madman in a sea of red. But the WIngs did win the series. I have to say game 7 was one hell of a let down considering the rest of the series and how it was played. I am a hockey player and I have been a part of many games like that game 7, both on the winning side and losing. SOmetimes your team can do no wrong(which is obvious if Holmstrom had 2 goals) and some sometimes no bounches go your way the whole game. It was a shame to see both these things happen in the same game especially in the biggest game of the year for hockey(well besides the gold medal game). It is obvious to all in the hockey world that who ever won this series was going to win the cup. SO I tip my hat to the red wings eventhough it hurts me to do so, enjoy the cup because next year my avs are coming back for it.

To the CO fans. Did anyone get to see the newspaper ad that ran in Denver? A group of Detroit businessman and fans ran a large ad with a picture of a jock strap hard cup on it. The caption read “This is the only cup the Avalanche will be bringing back to Denver!” Hahahahahahaha. The next thing to do is send over a couple of tons of cheese to Denver to go with all that “whine” they have been producing!

What I love most about the Stanley Cup is that once more no canadian teams will be playing for it.

I was at the game too. Where do you play hockey at?

I used to play AAA in michigan for West Michigan a bunch of years ago. After I went to prep school, I am now playing at Penn State. do you play too, if so where at?

I just finished up my spring season in this metro shootout league junior C and we went undefeated and just tonight we won the championship. I am currently trying out for a junior A team in this new junior A league that was started here last year called the CEHL. Not to toot my horn, but I have a very good chance of making the team. The coach of the team we just beat tonight is also the coach of the junior A team I am trying out for. Anyway, maybe I’ll play you some day. Are you playing for the club team or the actual Penn State team? Also, if you have any good off-ice drills to work on stickhandling please share because that is definately my weakest area.

drills to work on stickhandling. this is an easy one. stickhandle a golfball on concrete. stickhandle around rocks, have a one touch pass session (both forehand and backhand) with the curb or a step, toe drag around buckets, etc. after stickhandling a golfball, the puck will seem like a beachball and never leave your stick. my hands got so good in tight situations, like behind the net, corners, scrums, etc. be sure you do some long reach drills too (with your feet in place, stickhandle as far (left and right) on your backhand and forehand as you can.)

I play for the real deal penn state team. But as for stickhandling goes and drills of that sort, I would listen to JC if I were you, he is a former hockey player turned body builder(used to play prep school with me then played a year at Oregon, nasty hands and a smart player). I probably couldnt help you out as much considering I am a goalie, haha. I know what you are thinking now, you all are listening to a wacko right? But yeah Steve F. maybe I’ll play you someday, Ill be at Penn State for 2 more years, so you never know.

Thanks guys, I’ll give those a shot. The Wings only lost last night so that game 5 will be back in Detroit, for when they win the cup. So don’t despair, next game they’ll start trying. :wink: