The Deadlift Race Thread

My 520: havent deadlifted in a while because of track season, but I should be around 545-550 soon enough.

[quote]shootingman99 wrote:
Yeah I think you should have to have a video of your current max or somewhere close. BTW, do we get docked for using a belt or something lol? I’ve been straightening out my form(which sucked in that vid) and could proly pull 455 beltless. I usually would use a belt but if we get extra props for not using one I’ll throw that shit off (jasmincar uses strap hahahahhaha)[/quote]

Since the thread got moved into the PL forum, I motion that it has to be a PL legal lift (raw, no straps, belt & chalk ok)! Although since the thread creator insists on “cheating” with straps (haha j/k) I may get overruled

Just to make it clear initially I wanted to post it with a picture of Arnold deadlifting, but I ended up with something else by mistake. This thread was moved from BBtraining to here

I am not a powerlifter or a bodybuilder, I am too new to this to be one or another. I just like to lift weight. I really dont give a shit about using strap or not and my form who is far from great, as long as I dont injure myself and that I get what I want from the lift

I’m gonna feel like a dirty whore posting over in PL now that this thread got moved…

I was just going to be a cheerleader anyway

I might give this a try.

shit! Well I’m way off (425x1) last week but I’ll be following this thread and if by some crazy circumstance I am able to get close to a respectable 500lb DL then I’ll post a vid. Better get my ass crackin on some heavy DL’s

.greg.

Count me in, pulled 220kg/485lb last week, which was easy and have my first comp next sat

This is an awesome thread. Good luck guys.

I am also in. pulled 455 about 2 weeks ago to start my 5/3/1 so we will see how much I improve. Awesome thread. Good for motivation and some friendly competition.

Can I join even though I am not going for 545? Shooting for 827 in 8 weeks.

I am debating on joining up in this. I pulled 500 w/ a belt over a year ago. Since then I have had some trouble with it and actually ended up regressing (500 was in comp).

I am trying to get my glutes working right but I hit a pretty easy 415x2 beltless. It’s a form issue, really. I could see myself back to 500ish pretty soon.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:
I’m gonna feel like a dirty whore posting over in PL now that this thread got moved…

I was just going to be a cheerleader anyway[/quote]

That’s ok, we like dirty whores over here,… they’re usually cheaper.

As for this contest, great idea!

I just hit 462lbs in competition (single ply). I don’t know when 545lbs will fall since my previous best was 451lbs in Nov. 09, but let’s see what I an do by mid - August when I compete again.

Some great effort in those vids guys, keep it up.

I’ll join this! I just pulled 475 this morning (up 70 lbs from 7 weeks ago). I hope I can hold onto 545, I’ll have to do some grip work.

[quote]StormTheBeach wrote:
Can I join even though I am not going for 545? Shooting for 827 in 8 weeks.[/quote]

You bastard, I think I would get injured just trying to load a bar with 827.

I am in, I am still pretty far off, here is me pulling 455 a few weeks ago.

Can I join even though I am not going for 545? Shooting for 827 in 8 weeks.[/quote]

show off! F you, you strong bastard lol

.greg.

[quote]gregron wrote:

show off! F you, you strong bastard lol

.greg.[/quote]

Please do share some of your training and background.

But F’ me, you joining this competition would be like michael phelps racing against 5 year-olds in the freestyle… in the kiddie pool.

Oh forgot to add myself now that Jas made the thread.

Sumo DL
495lbs3 reps2 reps last week with chalk only. No belt either (because I’m cheap not hardcore)

This week = Jasminscar and ninny are fucked :wink:

And just to clarify for everyone competing, either a pic or vid is required of the 545lbs lift. If the pic option is chosen, we need a pic of the setup and the lockout position. Agreed? Honor is the name of the game here.

P.S. I’m asian so I get a 20lbs handicap right? Like brah, my geneticz is, like, shitty.

AMIRITE??? O____o

/sarcasm

I gotta try this whole sumo deadlift thing… I have a long torso and normal length arms so maybe it would be better for me than conventional DL?

.greg.

[quote]jasmincar wrote:
my initial deadlift

I plan on adding 5 lbs every time I deadlift (every 5 day) until I get 525*3, then I think I will be able to do 545 once

If everything goes well, It will be in 40 days, so June 24. I will then have won the race and eternal glory

Ahu and A Ninny Mouse it’s your turn[/quote]

Dammit. You have a similar plan as me lol

FWIW, I learned not too long ago that I can’t continually progress with a ME day every week… needs to be like every other week or more with low rep (3-5) sessions in between for whatever lift it is that I’m trying to bring up. Like Pushharder touched upon, progression past 500+ weights get… tricky (except for H4M who uses eggs like cars with gasoline and nitrous). It’s like I’m a newbie again and have to re-learn how to progress…

[/random thoughts]

[quote]gregron wrote:
I gotta try this whole sumo deadlift thing… I have a long torso and normal length arms so maybe it would be better for me than conventional DL?

.greg.[/quote]

If you do, make sure to give it try for at least two sessions before making any judgements. First time I tried it, I got up to a pathetic 425lbs in comparison to my convo DL. A week later, BAM, up to 465lbs with ease. Now both lifts are equal. It’s about finding the groove I think.

FWIW I believe I have a somewhat of a longer torso and regular arms.