The Day The Earth Stood Still

Remake of a classic! I hope they don’t cock this up…

[quote]Release Date: December 12, 2008
“The Day the Earth Stood Still” is 20th Century Fox’s contemporary reinvention of its 1951 classic. Keanu Reeves portrays Klaatu, an alien whose arrival on our planet triggers a global upheaval. As governments and scientists race to unravel the mystery behind the visitor’s appearance, a woman (Jennifer Connelly) and her young stepson get caught up in his mission – and come to understand the ramifications of his being a self-described “friend to the Earth.”[/quote]

Ya I thought It look kinda like War of the Worlds…guess well see

The trailer looks interesting to me.

Anyone else here still not take Keanu Reeves seriously? He is playing an alien though, so I guess it won’t be much of a stretch for his acting.

[quote]AngryVader wrote:

Anyone else here still not take Keanu Reeves seriously? He is playing an alien though, so I guess it won’t be much of a stretch for his acting.[/quote]

Keanu is dead in my eyes.

[quote]rsg wrote:
AngryVader wrote:

Anyone else here still not take Keanu Reeves seriously? He is playing an alien though, so I guess it won’t be much of a stretch for his acting.

Keanu is dead in my eyes.[/quote]

I think Keanu is dead behind the eyes. :slight_smile:

Jennifer Connelly is hot!! I fell in love with her on, “Beautiful mind”

The movie does sound interesting. It might open
on the same day as,“The Singularity Is Near” I’ll see both of them that day.

Keanu is a piece of wood. In fact, the produces would get more acting ability if they cast a piece of wood in the role instead of Keanu.

A couple of 2x4’s has more talent than Keanu Reeves and Ben Affleck combined.

lol

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Keanu is a piece of wood. In fact, the produces would get more acting ability if they cast a piece of wood in the role instead of Keanu.

lol[/quote]

What the hell is with all the hate on Keanu here? Did I miss some movie that he fucking sucked in?

[quote]Dabba wrote:
Iron Dwarf wrote:

lol

What the hell is with all the hate on Keanu here? Did I miss some movie that he fucking sucked in?[/quote]

The latest masterpiece:

Most of his movies suck, the only good Matrix was the first one.

I didn’t mind Point Break but I was quite young.

[quote]rsg wrote:
Dabba wrote:
Iron Dwarf wrote:

lol

What the hell is with all the hate on Keanu here? Did I miss some movie that he fucking sucked in?

The latest masterpiece:

I didn’t mind Point Break but I was quite young.[/quote]

So he picks shitty movies, why does that mean his acting sucks?

[quote]Dabba wrote:

[/quote]

In my eyes he is one of the worst actors ever. He is one of several in Hollywood that are essentially “Keanu playing a cop” or “Keanu playing a surfer”. The problem is that he cannot become a character like DeNiro or Nicholson can. Sure he has charisma, but he cannot act. Could you imagine Keanu in Raging Bull or One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest? I can’t either. Every time I see him about to speak, I expect a “Whoa” or “Righteous” ala Ted Logan.

[quote]Dabba wrote:
rsg wrote:
Dabba wrote:
Iron Dwarf wrote:

lol

The latest masterpiece:

[/quote]

Well, you’ve seen his acting, right? Are you saying you watch Keanu Reeves and think he’s a good actor?

The movies he’s been in that are good, were good in spite of him, not because of him.

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
Dabba wrote:
rsg wrote:
Dabba wrote:
Iron Dwarf wrote:

lol

The latest masterpiece:

Well, you’ve seen his acting, right? Are you saying you watch Keanu Reeves and think he’s a good actor?

The movies he’s been in that are good, were good in spite of him, not because of him.[/quote]

Yes I think Keanu Reeves is a good actor. An incredible actor? Fuck no. Even a great actor? Nope. But a good one, definately. I don’t think he fits well into a lot of roles, which is his problem. But typecasting him as a surfer/stoner like the guy above did? Come on, he’s got way more character than that.

And here I was thinking we could discuss the movie…

:frowning:

[quote]Makavali wrote:
And here I was thinking we could discuss the movie…

:([/quote]

See what it’s like to hijack a thread?

[quote]rsg wrote:
See what it’s like to hijack a thread?[/quote]

Well played.

Aw man, I think they did screw it up. I hear through the grapevine that this will be an environmental flick.

FUCK!!