The Dark Side

[quote]dirtbag wrote:
This is going to be a good thread. I can feel it. Before photo’s and everything. Good job Cortes[/quote]

Thanks a lot dirtbag (I always feel funny calling you that :slight_smile:
I’ll try and live up to it!

[quote]chillain wrote:
Cortes wrote:
Here’s a quick question. When I finished, there was a tiny amount of oil left in the tip of the plunger. Is this just something I have to put up with, or is there a way to get more of the test out of the needle so I’m not wasting test over time?

Just leave a tiny amount of air in the syringe before drawing up your oil and that will help. Losing a drop or two at the start and finish is pretty standard though.

Welcome to the other side Cortes.

[/quote]

Happy to be here, chillain. Thanks for the advice. Next pin is tomorrow, will give that a “shot” (har har).

Also sorry for the gratuitous bump, but I would love to know what you guys think I should put a little more focus into regarding my body. I’ve never really had anyone to ask this sort of advice from . My wife and family don’t understand bbing, so I always get the “You look, great, you’re big enough. What’s wrong with the way you look now?!” answer; and I literally train alone, as in no one else at all in the gym.

Anybody see something that I am missing because of my body dysmorphia? :wink:

[quote]Cortes wrote:
Also sorry for the gratuitous bump, but I would love to know what you guys think I should put a little more focus into regarding my body. I’ve never really had anyone to ask this sort of advice from . My wife and family don’t understand bbing, so I always get the “You look, great, you’re big enough. What’s wrong with the way you look now?!” answer; and I literally train alone, as in no one else at all in the gym.

Anybody see something that I am missing because of my body dysmorphia? ;)[/quote]

Hey Cortes, my knowledge of body-building is pretty limited, but if you want a critique you could always post your photos in the “Rate My Physique” forum.
Good luck with your first cycle!

JR

Hey Cortes, I’m not really at expert on judging bodybuilding either. But (and I know you specified you already had this advice), you look fine, and great thread.

Good thread, i’ll keep my eye on this one.
Good luck with you cycle man =)

Thanks to Jelly Roll, meepmister, and Rst. I don’t think I’ll be posting my photo’s in the RMP section. I’m not too interested in that dog and pony show.

Today was my first leg day. Probably pushed myself harder than I ever have on legs. As I said, I am not really a strong guy, so I doubt anyone will be impressed with too many of the numbers I throw up (I often wonder if there are really that many people on the internet who are that much stronger than me, seems like anyone who posts has been working out less than a year and squats and presses over 300, pulls 500). However, for the sake of honesty and good record keeping, I will occasionally post what I am presently lifting. After some stretching and warmup I did 6 sets of very deep squats ranging up to 264lbs. for 3. This is really good for me, as I believe my max was previously this same number or something not very much higher. Also it was only just over 2 weeks ago that I completely crippled myself with a lower back injury and this is the first time I have squatted since then out of fear of aggravating it.

As a matter of fact, my back recovered quite quickly but has been bugging me just a little bit, usually after a long day up until, wouldn’t you know it, just a couple of days ago. I did wear a belt, but I am still really impressed that I broke a previous PR coming off of such a terrible injury. Good stuff.

After that I hit the leg sled for 330lbs sets of 12, rack it, breathe for 5 seconds, then push 5-8 more reps out and rack it again. 4 sets of this. Then 3 sets of calf leg curls supersetted with leg extensions. Then 3 sets of sled calf raises and 3 more of seated calf raises. About an hour and a half total. This is only my third workout/third day on and I am already noticing such a change for the better in my workouts and especially my recovery. I am really looking forward to the next 11 weeks.

My weight has increased by a lb. a day each day on, as well. I weigh myself at the same time under the same circumstances every day, so I think I can count this as something more than just water fluctuations.

All good.

Also I am noticing I am waking up around 7:30 (almost always get up at 9:00) and I actually feel like getting up then. I make myself sleep longer (usually get to bed after 1:00 am) but I could get up then and feel terrific, if I wanted or needed to.

At this stage - I would not really be too concerned about specific body parts. Well - calves require a lot of baby sitting, but aside from that - everything is going to explode in the next few weeks.

Just looking at your pics, I would say you need mass everywhere. I can’t see any glaring imbalances.

At this point - getting food in you is going to be the main thing. If you are taking your injections on schedule, and you are training regularly, and leaving it all in the gym, then the only ingredient missing is fuel.

Eat. Eat a lot. But eat smart.

Don’t obsess and look for changes after every workout. Give yourself 2-3 weeks of proper training and nutrition. Then you should see some changes. Give yourself 5-6 weeks, and then others will start noticing.

First cycles are the greatest. You never forget them, and you always want the following cycles to match the first one. They rarely do if the first one is set up properly. Yours is.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
At this stage - I would not really be too concerned about specific body parts. Well - calves require a lot of baby sitting, but aside from that - everything is going to explode in the next few weeks.

Just looking at your pics, I would say you need mass everywhere. I can’t see any glaring imbalances.

At this point - getting food in you is going to be the main thing. If you are taking your injections on schedule, and you are training regularly, and leaving it all in the gym, then the only ingredient missing is fuel.

Eat. Eat a lot. But eat smart.

Don’t obsess and look for changes after every workout. Give yourself 2-3 weeks of proper training and nutrition. Then you should see some changes. Give yourself 5-6 weeks, and then others will start noticing.

First cycles are the greatest. You never forget them, and you always want the following cycles to match the first one. They rarely do if the first one is set up properly. Yours is.
[/quote]

Thanks a ton, Rainjack. I have read the forums on this website for years now and you are one of the posters I respect the most (I’m also a Texas boy, btw). I will keep your advice in mind, have already cleaned up my diet and am working on getting tons of proteins from chicken, beef, and pork, and good fats from olive oil, avocados and nuts, among plenty of other things. Enough complex carbs as well, especially before, during and after training. Lots of whole milk, too. Again, I sincerely appreciate your advice, and will make certain to do my DD at the grocery store and in the kitchen, as well.

Muhahahahahah!!!..
(Jus’ teezin’!..More power to you Cort’!/:wink:

I agree with Cortes, so many posts ive read from ppl on this forum over the past year claiming they bench between 300-350lb and deadlift 500lb and yet in their profile’s they only weigh between 170-180lbs themselves! (and they aint all pounds of shredded muscle either).

Either you yanks are alot stronger than the people I watch train over here at that bodyweight or some boys like to exaggerate their lifts just a little :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’d lean towards the latter as the logical explanation personally.

Second injection today. Used the opposite ventrogluteal. This one hurt just a little, basically I think just because I am not used to using that hand and I ended up pushing it in slow and a little crazy, then sort of let got for a sec and then accidentally pushed it around when I gripped and aspirated again. Nothing serious, but it certainly wasn’t the lack of sensation of the first shot. Ass started feeling it again about 8 hours later. This, too, hurts a bit worse this time, but nothing I can’t deal with.

Today’s workout was traps, biceps and shoulders. Lots of super sets and sets down the rack.

Here’s a question: Is it better to rotate site injections over time even when you are doing enanthate? The reason I wonder was that I was reading a thread over at gotfina.com (there’s some crazy mofos) about some of the vets having so much scar tissue built up at their various sites that that they would actually bend 23 and 25G pins. One guy said he only uses an 18G (!) now to inject. I would love to avoid this sort of situation, so should I use, perhaps, 6 sites instead of two? Say ventroglutes, quads, delts? Anybody who’s been using for years have a problem with scar tissue buildup to this degree?

Just curious — are you injecting 300 mg of air into the vial before your draw? I do that and never have any oil lost.

Also, an 18 gauge tears up the seal. Might try a 21 for the draw, though that’s going to shred the seal some.

Are you homebrewing? I’m thinking of getting into homebrews. I was on HRT, saw how the low doses didn’t help me (and most doctors are jackass money hungry whores), and am going to go it alone.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Just curious — are you injecting 300 mg of air into the vial before your draw? I do that and never have any oil lost.
[/quote]

Did that today and it was easier to draw. My question was more about the tiny bit left in the syringe. I let a little more air into the syringe today and got most of it into my ass.

[quote]
Also, an 18 gauge tears up the seal. Might try a 21 for the draw, though that’s going to shred the seal some.[/quote]

Thanks. I’m gonna try and just draw and inject with the same 23G on Sunday. I’m not a pussy for pain, and now that I’ve done a couple I think I’ll be alright like that. I was going on the advice of other people, but I guess life offers the best lessons.

[quote]
Are you homebrewing? I’m thinking of getting into homebrews. I was on HRT, saw how the low doses didn’t help me (and most doctors are jackass money hungry whores), and am going to go it alone.[/quote]

No. This is my first cycle, I wouldn’t dare trust myself yet. But I am interested. Coincidentally, I was just now looking at some homebrewing instructions, pics, etc., and it actually doesn’t look nearly as daunting as I had figured. If I were in your position (one day probably will be) I would do the same thing. Choosing the dose that makes me feel (and look) the best is something I’d take pretty seriously.

Today is my fifth day on cycle. I started on Monday at 199 lbs, and have managed to gain 6 lbs as of today, 205 with zero bloat and so far no side effects whatsoever, other than the good kind. This is one lb more than I have ever weighed, and the last time I was 204 a lot more of it was fat than now. I don’t notice that I have gained any fat at all, and indeed my abs seem to be just starting to peek through again, so I am either losing a tiny bit or maintaining that amount and the muscle growth is thinning it out.

The last couple of days I haven’t slept quite as well as the first three, and I don’t feel as good for the first half of the day. Also the last couple of days have not been as easy in the gym, so I am probably going to see what I feel like tomorrow and maybe take one day of rest (have not done this so far).

Best of luck during your cycle!!

[quote]Cortes wrote:
Also I am noticing I am waking up around 7:30 (almost always get up at 9:00) and I actually feel like getting up then. I make myself sleep longer (usually get to bed after 1:00 am) but I could get up then and feel terrific, if I wanted or needed to.

[/quote]

Is this a common effect of AAS?

[quote]meepmister wrote:
Cortes wrote:

Is this a common effect of AAS?[/quote]

When I’m on, I am up by 5:00AM during the week, and 7:00 an the weekends.

But I also need to take a couple of naps during the day. Maybe it’s the AAS - maybe I am just an old fucker.

When I start going to the early bird buffets, then I will know I am old. Until then - I will blame the gear.

3rd shot today. I used the 23G 1.5in to draw and inject again in ventrogluteal, and, as others have said, no problem. Let this be testament to those newbs who wonder in the future about the dulling of the needle: I noticed absolutely no difference. Only problem I had was that I forgot to push some air into the vial so it was a bitch getting the oil into the pump. Also forgot to aspirate until I had already pushed about .2ccs in, then pulled back and luckily some bubbles came up. It’s easy to forget things in the moment, especially as I still feel like there are a lot of things to remember and the actions have not become rote yet.

I took yesterday off and felt a lot better overall today, so I think it was a good choice. Didn’t get to the gym, but in the evening started itching to do something physical so I did a session of high rep kettlebell clean/jerks and snatches in my backyard. I have a few kbs, used the 44lb one today and did sets of ten, rotating arms, with around 30 seconds of rest between sets. 200 total reps, the whole thing took 26 minutes and at the end I was sweating like a fat man on meth, breathing hard, my heart racing. Great conditioning workout with those things. I haven’t touched my kbs in a long time so I don’t have a recent point of comparison, but, compared to how I have fared in the past, I did quite well for not having done such an exercise in so long (takes a lot of repeated sessions to build up endurance, usually). I finished off with 60 reps of overhead presses and called it a day. Pumped up like crazy in the arms, shoulders and traps, and I felt terrific, almost euphoric, afterwards. I think I will definitely be adding one or two of these sessions a week to my workouts.

Tomorrow morning it’s back to the real deal. I’ll get into the gym and start my second official week of on-cycle training and see if anything’s changed.

My clothes are starting to fit tight. Uh-oh. Good problem, I guess.