Just. Don't. Suck (Part 1)

Then get a knockoff fireman’s uniform with your local firehouse’s emblem on it and go to town!

1 Like

Congrats man, that’s fantastic! This is a pretty damn good reason to keep going.

It’s the latter, sorry bro. You’re not losing muscle, you’re losing fat. Everyone underestimates how much fat they have to lose if it’s the first time they are trying to get lean enough to clearly see abs. @dchris will probably have some thoughts to chime in on, as we’ve been working together he’s lost considerable weight, and gained considerable muscle, and we were recently discussing he’s still got about 12-15lbs to go before we should arrive at our destination.

LOL, you don’t have to walk around with your shirt off just because you have a six pack. I wear SFP long sleeve clothing in the summer, and only move to a t-shirt or tank top in the late afternoon. I can count on one hands the amount of times per year I take my shirt off in public.

You already said you’re feeling better at this weight. Feeling good mentally, about yourself, your health, appearance, mindset, etc., is the very first step to accomplishing anything, and succeeding. You’ll feel better all day, perform better at work and anywhere you go. Just my .02, personally I stay 10% all year for myself. Physical appearance is important and shouldn’t be overlooked, but if you feel good, keep it going.

Seems like you’re making AWESOME progress, so keep it up man!

1 Like

@robstein, I’ll probably be mowing the yard and playing basketball shirtless!

Gun Show

SKULL CRUSHER (crap, forgot to weigh that bar…)
50 x 10
60 x 10
70 x 7 x 3 sets
Weight on EZ bar. No clue what it weighs.

LATERAL CABLE CURL (low pulley)
40 x 15, 15, 12 ea
It worked! By staying lateral I could drop the pulley and feel more traditional muscle fiber recruitment. Paid for it later though…

REVERSE CABLE PRESS DOWN
130 x 12, 12, 12

LATERAL CABLE CURL (high pulley)
50 x 8, 8
30 x 12F/5T/5B

OH ROPE EXTENSION
80 x 20, 12, 10

REVERSE CABLE CURL
100 x 10
110 x 6 dropset
70 x 6
switch to single arm
30 x 10 right arm…no Bueno
30 x 15 left arm, dropset to…
20 x 15 assisted (love these)

I need some sun!

5 Likes

Damn dude! Looking good man that’s awesome! I’d ask if you have permits for those, but given your occupation, I’m sure you’re covered.

3 Likes

:laughing:

I’m hoping to one day be able to use The Rock’s quote from Rampage.

1 Like

F’cking impressive arm J, the veins starts to pop out.
And that tattoo is awesome.

1 Like

Everytime I look halfway lean, I definitely do this. Looking good is hard work, I got to get some payback.

1 Like

Well, I blew it at dinner. We had Mexican food and I made nachos. I put 10 ounces of ground beef on my plate and that is supposedly 700 calories. I gave up and just made my plate. I probably ate close to 4000 calories today with over half of that coming at dinner.
:man_facepalming:

1 Like

I thought I had sooooo much muscle when I weighed 275. Then I cut down to 205 and still looked fat. Fortunately, I’ve added muscle since then and am currently 210 and way leaner than ever before.

What are you weighing these days? Arms looking lean af. I’m curious, because I believe we are same height. I went to Dr. a few weeks ago and he measured me at an 1/8” under 6’5”.

1 Like

I weighed 217 this morning which is a new low since I started this journey. I’m actually back to where I started in December of 2017.

I’m a shade over 6’4". I’ve just started claiming 6’4" after years of thinking I was 6’5". I think I was duped by the basketball rosters of my youth.

4 Likes

New diet eat 4000 calories of mexican food a day and lose weight.

That was odd, but I suspect you’ll gain a little weight the next few days.
I do, if I eat a lot, it’s sitting in the guts and takes time to digest.

Those posts weren’t in order. I was responding to dchris - he asked about my height and weight. The big dinner was after my new low weigh-in.

Woke up hungry AF and weighed 217.8 lbs. I don’t know how I stayed in the 217s but I’m still going to try to cut back today. Initially I’d planned to fast till dinner but the weigh-in has me rethinking that. I’m hungry and it appears I don’t have to starve myself to stay at this weight so…

Nah, I’m still going to make it a light day. I’m taking about 1200 calories worth of food to work and going to wait as long as possible to eat my first food (which will be a double shake and banana).

3 Likes

I think I had about 3000 calories at dinner alone! Hey, we enjoyed it and now back to the grind. No harm done. I’m indulging through the rest of today though and will be posting pictures of food!

1 Like

I’m getting close to my goal. But let’s be honest, here. I haven’t exactly been strict on myself lately. Taco Bell nine days ago. Pizza the night before that albeit store-bought. Better pizza last Monday and some beers in the evening. I haven’t exactly been deprived! :joy:

But I’m still planning my official cheat meal at Buffalo Wings and Rings here in town once I hit 213. That will be more of a social outing; I’ve recruited a couple of work buddies to join me. I’m looking forward to it.

2 Likes

I forgot to mention that this is day 1 of using Carbolin 19. I’m just taking one pill in the morning and one more about six hours later. It recommends taking one to two pills at each interval but I’ll start out with one since I’ve never taken it. Fingers crossed for magical body comp changes!

2 Likes

Great addition, love the Carbolin on a cut! When I started I went straight to 2 in the AM and 2 in the PM, you shouldn’t notice any types of side effects like you might have with Hot Rox or something.

1 Like

So you’re saying I can handle two at each interval? I’ve never taken anything like this so I wanted to make sure I didn’t go crazy. The bottle says not to take in combination with any other stimulants so I assume that means it might amp me up a bit.

But then again, I’m on my second 24 oz cup of coffee and I feel the same as usual.

Just took another pill… with coffee.

Part of me wonders if I missed out on some good recomp by not taking this sooner. Have you ever taken it while not cutting?

If I understand correctly, it’s supposed to be similar to what PED users might use before going on a cycle as well as when coming off. Would it be a product to use during a slight surplus too?

You’ll be fine taking 2/2. Take it with coffee, that’s fine. It’s a very mild supplement, you wont even notice your taking it except hopefully for mild positive physique changes here and there that are a bit more pronounced than perhaps they should have been.

I do not understand the comparison to anabolics. In my opinion it’s a rediculous/gimmicky way for Biotest to market the product. I’ve never taken Anavar or whichever they use to compare it to, but there’s no way they compare. If they do, Anavar is an absolutely pathetic anabolic. I know it’s a light oral, but no way it’s this light.

Anyways, I would just carry about your normal day and pay it no attention you’re taking it. Since you have 4 bottles def do the 2/2. Since you’re late in your cut this will be a great way to finish strong. I see your timing as a good thing.

1 Like

I made it to a little after noon without eating and then my day fell apart. I got sent to a domestic call that occurred last night. It makes no sense to me why people wait 12 hours to call 911. Anyway, we arrested the husband for aggravated assault (tip: you can’t threaten to kill your wife while holding a knife).

I booked him, drank my double protein shake, and left the jail. I stopped at the convenience store to get a refill of iced tea and got flagged down (I still needed to write up the actual case for the previous DV). He shows me a picture of a missing 17 year old and says she’s walking down the street.

I spot her and call it in so I can get some help. I can tell she’s not missing; she doesn’t want to be found. I go to get in my patrol car and two women flag me down. One is crying. (You’ve got to be kidding me)

The younger one tells me she thinks she committed a crime. My response: “Why are you telling me?” Seriously, who reports themselves to the police? Due to my location in town (homelessville and drug addict central), I figure it’s bogus. I play along and ask her what she did and she says she thinks she stabbed someone.

Okay, unexpected turn. I ask who she stabbed and she gives me his name. I look him up and sure enough, he was stabbed in the neck last night and accused her of doing it. Back to jail I go.

I finished booking her for aggravated battery and warrants at about 4pm. I drove to the station and managed to get all of my paperwork done by 5ish. Tonight was date night so I changed and we left as soon as I got home.

By the way, I don’t think anyone found the missing girl.

We ate at a local place and I had shrimp tacos, Spanish rice, and three beers.

I had a protein bar for dessert when I got home.

I’m pretty sure I’m under my calories for the day.

6 Likes

So glad I’m not a cop. Sounds like an awful day.

Glad it was nothing endangering

1 Like