Just. Don't. Suck (Part 1)

I thought there was just a still shot of him dancing by himself !!

1 Like

Looks like my back did after a guy walked into my barbell as I was deadlifting 140 kg. This was back when I was a young teenager. Seeing a chiro would have been the right thing to do. Instead my father pushed me against the wall until my spine became neutral again. Still have some pelvic rotation from that.

Love the tattoo. It’s a Triquetra, yes? What meaning do you ascribe to it? Holy Trinity?

Nah, he wouldn’t be so cruel as to post that as a still, there would definitely be video…

1 Like

Yes holy trinity, God the father, Christ the sSon, and the Holy Spirit. God 3 in one. Saved my miserable butt from my sins and I try to give glory to him daily!

3 Likes

Goodbye, February. That was fast.

Woke at 223.4 lbs. That’s two days in a row. I thought yesterday was due to the poor sleep from Tuesday night but maybe not. I can’t get upset though because I was in the 227s last week. I’m still on track. I just really liked seeing 220 and 221.

I’m starving again today. I’m wondering if I’m depleted after three days of high volume training (lifting + basketball). I set my fitbit to “workout” while I play basketball and according to it, I burn a lot of calories. It doesn’t have a basketball mode.

Today is supposed to be back day. I have a partner at work so I won’t be going to the gym for lunch. I just looked at my workout and it’s like 80% cable work. I can’t really replicate that at home so I’ll probably see if my wife will let me go to the gym tonight.

Currently at the Y on the exercise bike. Two things I wanted to share.

1. People are noticing that I’ve lost weight. I’m getting comments at work. I mentioned that to my wife and added that I thought my face looked thinner. She was nice enough to tell me that my shoulders are smaller. Of all the places to be smaller - the f-ing shoulders!

2. I’ve been hungry for three days straight. I’m eating some crap pizza after this workout and I don’t care about going over my calories. I need a boost.

4 Likes

Welcome to the dark side. I’ve been told we also have cookies.

2 Likes

Why don’t you take a period of swimming or rowing with easy bodybuilding stuff and skip anything with heavy barbell work. You can up volume big time, probably accelerate cutting and get at least some rest if not healed.

With the exception of deadlifts yesterday and last week I haven’t done much barbell work since November.

I’ve done push press two or three times. I don’t really consider the high pulls to be too intense since they’re pretty light.

I thought I was taking it easy! There were a couple guys deadlifting the whole time I was lifting tonight. I was a little jealous.

Back

BIKE WARM UP
10 min Fat Loss Program, L10, 2.90 miles

PULL UPS
10,8,5-2-2

HANG SGHP
135 x 5
145 x 5 x 3 sets
165 x 5 x 2 sets

SA CABLE ROW (low pulley)
100 x 15
130 x 12
100 x 10F/10T/10B

LAT PULL DOWN
180 x 8 x 2 sets
Dropset
180-160-120-85 (weight)
6-4-10-20 (reps)
Grip failed before my lats. My forearms were on fire.

SA LATERAL CABLE CURL (350 SET)
40 x 8
30 x 11
20 x 20

REV CABLE FLY (21s)
30 x 10F/10T/10B
20 x 10F/10T/10B x 2 sets

PRECOR ADAPTIVE MOTION ELLIPTICAL
L1 for 10 minutes, 0.96 miles
This machine sucks. Level 1 had me struggling.

Just finished eating 5/8 of the cheese pizza the kids had for dinner. 1125 calories and I’m not the least bit worried about it. That puts me just a bit over 3000 for the day. I think I’ll be alright.

3 Likes

I went pizza tonight too. Felt like I’d earned it. Re swimming - b-ball is hard on all the joints and stuff too. Don’t think it sets back strength all that much if only for a few months.

I’m gonna live vicariously through you. Can you please describe how you felt eating it! :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I got assaulted by the smell of pizza while I was opening my can of tuna in the break room at lunch today. I was still starving after my tuna and salad, and couldn’t get the smell out of my head. This may have contributed to me bingeing on cajun spicy peanuts in the afternoon…

1 Like

Euphoric! The crust was very soft and chewy in a good way. It was also sweet. It would’ve been great just as bread.

It was a four cheese pizza so it was light on toppings but it was delicious. I could’ve eaten five more slices.

It wasn’t my cheat meal by any means but I needed some carbs. I’m hoping the constant hunger subsides for a bit.

3 Likes

I know basketball is rough but I’ve just started playing again. I quit playing at Thanksgiving. I developed this IT band syndrome while not playing (and not really doing much of anything with my legs).

I’m frustrated. I’ve been dealing with injuries for way too long. Rest hasn’t helped so I’ve adopted the “screw it” approach for basketball, but I’m not going to be able to play until this pain stops
It’s not even enjoyable. I fear I may be developing a hitch in my giddy up.

I go to PT next Wednesday. Hopefully he has some ideas.

1 Like

Woke at 223.6 lbs. I skipped my breakfast shake and I regret it already. I normally would have had it about 45 minutes ago.

Gained 0.2 lbs from the pizza and I’m still hungry. Dang.

1 Like

I’m all likliehood your probably just holding a little water from the sodium. Have a good one J

Hey J wish I could cheer you up someway, but you’re in a somewhat miserable place and I don’t blame you.
Keep up the training that you can do. I know you will.
Hope the PT can help you

I consider a 0.2 lb gain a success! I was expecting to be 225-226 :laughing:

I wouldn’t say I’m miserable. I’m not happy in the gym. Outside of that, I’m doing alright…except for my wife telling me that my shoulders are smaller. That hurt! :joy:

That’s the misery I’m talking about.

And this is what keeps you sane my friend.
Except you’ve got small shoulders :slight_smile:
That’s the downside of being tall I guess.

1 Like

I might have to do another bulk and only train shoulders. I could also eat at maintenence except on shoulders day and then eat like a 300 calorie surplus to try to gradually grow my delts while not getting fatter.

1 Like