Just. Don't. Suck (Part 1)

Woke at 223 and change but I expected that. My wife came home from work and went straight to bed yesterday. She thought she had the stomach flu so I didn’t go into our room. I slept on the couch. Well, I took a couple of naps on the couch.

I happened to wear my fitbit to bed and it captured my awesome night of sleep.

@Rizla81, I have a bulged disc and it shut me down back in 2014. My quad wouldn’t contract and my shin was numb.

I avoided surgery and I’m able to train how I want but I still slip out of alignment pretty regularly. Sometimes it’s minor and I can correct it and sometimes I have to go to the chiropractor.

Back injuries don’t have to be the end of lifts like squat and deadlift, but there’s basically no room for error.

Last year in January I royally threw my back out. Every muscle was spasmed and I was stuck with crooked hips and hunched over like Quasimodo for six weeks. Longest month and a half of my life. Made this whole dieting thing seem like a breeze

1 Like

You know you’ve done a good job of injuring yourself when you can see visual deformities!

How often did you go to the chiropractor to get adjusted? I would’ve been going twice a week minimum.

2 Likes

One of my best friends is my training partner and chiro. We did adjustments 3 times a week and spinal decompression along with e stem and massage. Still took about 6 weeks to get back to somewhat normal lol

A lot easier to do when the cares free!

2 Likes

My whole groin area used to go cold and numb like your shin. It must be the nerves that link up the back and legs. I wouldn’t want surgery either unless it gets worse. I can manage.

If I ever did start deadlifting again it would be from scratch with low weight to test the waters.

@jackolee that’s a crazy looking posture. how did you manage to do that ?

Damn straight. Why waste a cheat on that garbage.

I actually like Pizza Hut but I’m not picky. I’ll eat Little Caesar’s Hot N Ready pizzas if they’re fresh. You can’t reheat that crust though. Once it’s cold, it’s done. That should probably be a clue that it’s not real food.

Was being a stubborn ass and trying to put the Christmas tree in the attic by myself. Pulling it up rather than pushing it and the handle of the box broke and my whole torso simply twisted

I’m laughing man but I’m sure that was sore … ouch . See this is why I hate Christmas I picture you saying lol

Man once you eat Italian pizza you cant go back to pizza hut trash… thats like banging an 8 but then a 3 tries to smash

Haha! Worst part was I was still in the attic and had to try to get down that dumb ladder. Glad the wife and kids weren’t home cause there were some choice words flying!

Wow, the ever-elusive picture of Jack with some body fat! Not much compared to some of us, but it’s all relative.

Legs

BIKE WARM UP
5 min, L12, 1.47 miles

RFESS
55 x 10 ea x 3 sets

DEADLIFT
225 x 8 x 4 sets
@mortdk, you might be half right. I felt immediate discomfort in my hip and a little pain in my knee from the IT band issues.

HACK SQUAT
270 x 10 x 3 sets

LYING LEG CURL
125 x 10 x 3 sets

AB COASTER
60 x 10 x 2 sets

BASKETBALL
Crap turnout today. I played half court 3 on 3 for over 30 minutes before we finally played a game. My team won but I didn’t do much other than miss a couple shots. My knee/hip were hurting pretty bad so I didn’t try too hard.

1 Like

still a decent workout minus the discomfort, hope you heal quick!!!

1 Like

Man, I’ve been dealing with this hip for two years. I actually can’t even imagine being healed or healthy. I just hope for days that suck less.

Current status: tired and hungry. I’m out of calories for the day but I’m still starving. Last night’s 23 minutes of deep sleep isn’t cutting it. I’m currently in my recliner by the fire and nodding off. I have to go work at a basketball game in an hour though so no rest yet. Guess I’ll go knock out my evening 6 way raises to see if that helps.

Any rehabilitation?

Surgery, rehab, rebuilding, and back to pain and discomfort. I’ve been doing my rehab exercises again and my injured hip is stronger than the other hip. I had another MRI and everything from the surgery is fine except for a rare bone growth in the hip capsule. The doctor isn’t sure if that’s causing a problem or not.

The really painful and irritating thing as of late is my knee. I can’t put all of my weight on my bad leg going up the stairs. I think it is a problem with the IT band on the injured side. I think it’s an effect from my hip problems. I’m heading back to physical therapy next week for a fresh eval.

So this didn’t wake me up but it took care of the hunger.

Note to self - if ever hungry just do some pump work to divert blood away from the stomach.

1 Like

I feel ya man! Right now my only carbs are 3/4 cup oats in the morning and 1 cup of brown rice spread over four meals. Tired and hungry bout sums it up lol.

Trying to train my brain to think that tired and hungry = progress!

1 Like