The Dark Knight Rises Pt. 2

Dark Knight Rises was pretty sick, but… I felt Anne Hathaway was not a great catwoman. Her fight scenes were weak, and she doesn’t have the body to properly fill out a latex suit. Certain characters are supposed to be surprises, but if you are wittier than the average person and follow comic stories, then there aren’t any real surprises.

The “teaser trailer” for Man of Steel was weak.

Bane was hard to understand at times as previously stated by another user.

I feel lie there was media propaganda in this film also. Bane tries to get the people the power back from the government and the movie basically tells you that anyone who want to take the power back to the people will try and kill you and the government is your only hope for salvation.

In Aurora, CO there was a shooting during one of the premieres, 10 dead and at least 20 injured as of writing this. This is said, but don’t get caught up in the people already crying out guns are to blame and we shouldn’t own them. The cities with the strictest gun laws have the highest crime and murder rates. At our theater had about 5 rows of cars got window writing on them “why so serious?” and various other batman related quotes, slightly clever, but immature to say the least.

Go see batman

I feel sick to my stomach reading about what just happened in Colorado. My thoughts and prayers are with the families of the victims.

BANE WAS A METAPHOR FOR ROMNEY!!!11!!one

14 Killed at TDKR premiere in Colorado.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-18922685

[quote]evilachilles9 wrote:
In Aurora, CO there was a shooting during one of the premieres, 10 dead and at least 20 injured as of writing this. This is said, but don’t get caught up in the people already crying out guns are to blame and we shouldn’t own them. The cities with the strictest gun laws have the highest crime and murder rates. [/quote]

It sounds like the shooter was some kind of Bane wannabe fantasist anyway. If a nutjob gets the urge to go on a killing spree, they’re going to do it whether or not they obtained weapons legally. The end result is still unlawful.

I felt Anne Hathaway was not a great catwoman… and she doesn’t have the body to properly fill out a latex suit. [/quote]

It could’ve been Keira Knightley, and almost was…think on that. Flatwoman?

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[/quote]

Where was Batman? At home, washing his tights?

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
Not gonna give anything away, but I was SEVERELY disappointed. Nowhere near as good as Batman Begins, let alone The Dark Knight. [/quote]

Sleep it off…you’ll come to your senses when you awake…lol. [/quote]

Haha, honestly just didn’t think it was that good. First, the trailers ruined the suspense. Any part that could’ve jumped out and grabbed me, I’d seen 50 times. Secondly, everything felt forced. There was no flow, and despite the fact that it was damn near 3 hours it felt chunked up an rushed. It was also incredibly predictable. Don’t get me wrong, there were parts I enjoyed, but the movie as a whole just wasn’t very good. Sucks that the franchise ends on a half-assed note.

They say most 3rd parts of superhero movies are not very good.

I can’t think of a good 3rd part of any trilogy except Return of the King.

[quote]Nards wrote:

I can’t think of a good 3rd part of any trilogy except Return of the King.[/quote]

was it really good though? like really? truly good?

It’s weak and preachy in a Waterworld sort of way. Very heavy-handed far leftwing politics preached as Gospel.

Attention Hollywood: I go to movies to be entertained, not watch Pravda.

I haven’t seen it yet, although I plan to. I’m disappointed to hear the mixed reviews, particularly in light of the Bane character finally being brought to the forefront.

I’m sure the comments will go back and forth all day, which is fine. But, if it was really as spectacular as some people are saying, I don’t think the reviews would be so mixed. TDK got nothing but phenomenal reviews from critics and fans alike.

Also, I REALLY dislike comparisons being drawn between this series and the Marvel franchises. Apples and oranges, to me. I thought the Avengers was great, but I certainly won’t be drawing comparisons to it and this film.

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[/quote]

Damn tragedy.

[quote]roybot wrote:

I felt Anne Hathaway was not a great catwoman… and she doesn’t have the body to properly fill out a latex suit. [/quote]

It could’ve been Keira Knightley, and almost was…think on that. Flatwoman? [/quote]

Don’t joke about stuff like that! Her agent might sue you. Look for a rebuttal on her website at: www.invisiblefromtheside.com

It was not on the same level as TDK, but overall I think it was a really good movie and a fitting end to the trilogy. Without giving away any of the plot I will say that they left it open for possible sequels which I think would be a mistake. I agree that Hathaway was not a good choice for Selina, she just did not do well. The rest of the cast ranged from pretty good (i.e. Marion Cotillard as Miranda Tate) to awesome (all the returning characters and Bane).

[quote]bignate wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:

I can’t think of a good 3rd part of any trilogy except Return of the King.[/quote]

was it really good though? like really? truly good?[/quote]

umm, yes!

[quote]bignate wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:

and if we’re naming non hero movies, Pirates 3 almost if not > 1st one… loved those movies

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:

[quote]bignate wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:

and if we’re naming non hero movies, Pirates 3 almost if not > 1st one… loved those movies[/quote]

??? I couldn’t even finish the third one, it was so damn stupid. The first one was awesome, though. I haven’t seen the fourth one yet.

[quote]Dr.Matt581 wrote:

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:

[quote]bignate wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:

and if we’re naming non hero movies, Pirates 3 almost if not > 1st one… loved those movies[/quote]

??? I couldn’t even finish the third one, it was so damn stupid. The first one was awesome, though. I haven’t seen the fourth one yet.
[/quote]

They are supposed to be stupid.

If you expect any deeper meaning from a movie featuring a pirate with guyliner the problems is not the movie but probably you.

[quote]orion wrote:

They are supposed to be stupid.

If you expect any deeper meaning from a movie featuring a pirate with guyliner the problems is not the movie but probably you.[/quote]

Wait…are we talking about Pirates of the Caribbean or those Arash videos?