The Danish Viking: back to 531: Road to 2-3-4 Plates

Thanks man. Bench is moving, I’m happy. Have been stuck forever…

I’ll look them spotos up somewhere on the youtube. Have seen them in different logs and wondered.

1 Like

I agree. I’ve been doing spoto as my pause for press and I have to stay much tighter. @mortdk these will help and give you more time under tension. Always a good thing

4 Likes

It is basically a paused bench press but you don’t pause on your chest but a few inches above. Do solid pauses to emphasize tightness.

1 Like

Woke at 81,1 kg - 178,8 lbs
3000+ calories yesterday, wife turned 50 so lots of good food and a nice glass of wine.

7 Likes

Happy 50th to your wife! Thats a big one! Hope you bought her something pretty and shiny and treated her like a queen on her milestone birthday!!!
Also, great excuse for extra calories!

Thanks LL, big one for the missus. It wasn’t that hard to turn the page to 50.
Treated her great, no shiny stuff, some running gear and a perfume.
And a 1 week trip to Hong Kong mid May with 2 of her great friends. Last year they were in Beijing.

4 Likes

Today’s training

Rise of the Viking 5/3/1
C3W2D4

Warmup: jump rope, agile 8, yogastuff, stretches, band work.

Powerclean to pushpress
3 x 42,5, 47,5, 52,5 kg + 2 x 57,5 kg 2 x 1 @ 62,5 kg Good and strong.

Deadlift Kroc program

3 @ 135 kg 298 lbs tried db overhand slipped right away Hook grip
3 @ 135 kg straps
3 @ 135 kg straps + belt
3 @ 135 kg mixed grip + belt
4 @ 135 kg mixed grip + belt
10 @ 105 kg straps no belt for volume

Giant set of

Squat
6x2 @ 80 kg

Chins
6 x BW, 2,5 kg, 5 kg, 5 x 7,5 kg, 3 x 10 kg, 5 x 7,5 kg 6 x 5 kg, 2,5 kg, BW

DB incline bench press
5 x 10 @ 25 kg
Done in 1 hour 10 minutes.

Deadlift was good, but felt kind of heavy.

Squats were actually good and kept getting better.

Good and average workout.

Next post probably tomorrow will be with some videos.

8 Likes

Edit: Woke at 80,8 kg - 178,1 lbs
About 2600 calories yesterday…
Today B-day party with our parents and lots of nice food , salmon, Tenderloin, big cake, wine, beers well life is good.
And summer have come to DK :slight_smile:

Here comes the videos, my posture and mobility just sucks I guess. Well who cares.

I would just mention that when I’m doing this in my head and the way I feel it looks exactly like @MarkKO and then I watch the video not so much.

But I think there’s a bit of improvement.

DL 3 x 135 kg straps no belt.

DL 3 x 135 kg mixed grip + belt

Squat 2 x 80 kg

6 Likes

The set with mixed grip (first rep especially) looks pretty damn good to me. You just need to slow down between reps and focusing on getting each of the three steps bang on. This is especially important after the first rep.

Squeeze an orange in your armpits, then straighten your legs. Take your air brace. Don’t move until your whole midsection is locked down tight. For me that means squeezing my lower back. Then you bend your knees and shift your weight to your toes and jump into the pull, quickly shifting your weight to your heels and driving through.

3 Likes

Thanks Mark, I’m really trying to do it… And in some of the reps it pays off.
I might put the cues on a piece of paper and have it in front of me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

One way to go about it could be to breathe deliberately between reps. You know, cue, cue, cue, lockout, down, exhale, inhale, exhale, cue…

1 Like

Nice work Mort!

1 Like

I looked at your back closely on those pulls and I think you’re good. Your thoracic spine is rounded a bit even in the top position. It’s your posture. It’s not the same as rounding your back during the lift. I think your back is stable and maintains its alignment throughout the lift. Don’t sweat it.

2 Likes

Thanks for the input, I came to the same conclusion. Bad posture…
I’ll still be working hard on bracing and keeping the back as tight as possible.

1 Like

Brother:

Just scrolled through your log, as threatened, surprised I missed it for this long, sorry, my bad.

Really solid work man. You’ve done great work on your squats. And your bench bro, expect you can get two plates tomorrow.

In for the follow.

2 Likes

I reckon ditch the Bon Jovi for some harder stuff and you will add an easy 20kg to those triples :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Thanks my mythical friend :slight_smile:
Don’t be sorry, there are so many great logs in here (yours for instance) and welcome.
I think I could get two plates, I did it 3 years ago, but just lost it somewhere, but I’m coming back stronger.
Looking at my squats yeah they’ve improved a lot, but I don’t think I’ll ever be a good squatter, but who knows. I’m trying.

1 Like

It’s a playlist I like to listen to and he turns up.
When I’m really going for it, you’ll hear AC/DC, Volbeat or Airbourne in the background.

2 Likes

Lots of great food and pretzels yesterday

Woke at 81,9 kg - 180,6 lbs.

2 Likes