The Danish Viking: back to 531: Road to 2-3-4 Plates

I’ll try it out. I really need to get a lacrosse ball. I’ve just bought a new foam roller but its a piece of crap so I’ll have to buy a new one again. Im thinking screw it and make a brutal version out of pvc pipe

2 Likes

DeFranco uses PVC in his video.

Nice work @mortdk. New PR maxes are coming. Your patience is paying off. I’m learning teach me the whey

1 Like

That’s good. I think its pretty cheap so time to visit the hardware store

2 Likes

It looks like you had some really good Sessions lately. Great work and keep it up. PRs are just around the corner!

1 Like

Cricket ball works too @duketheslaya

3 Likes

A cricket ball works wonders!

3 Likes

Woke at 88,3 kg - 194,7 lbs

I think it’s a bit from agile8/Limber11 the lacrosse ball (it’s actually a hard ball to play rollerskate hockey with) but any hard ball the size of a tennis ball would do. As said by others.
Lay on the ground trying to relax the gluteus muscles and then just let it sink in, it hurts like hell but releases pretty good. The side I’m using the ball is straight leg, the other is bend and used to move around and taking a bit of the pressure when needed.
I use the ball all the way up to around the SI joint NOT on the joint itself but the surrounding tissue and on the side of the hip again tissue and all the way to the front, being careful feeling if it’s a bad hurt or release hurt.
Foamrolling is just the quads.

I really don’t know, I’m in some fatigue right now and the way things move I hope there could be some good gains:

Bench definitely 2 plates maybe 105 kg
Squat it’s a questimate 130 kg
DL again questimate 170 kg - 175 kg
OHP is the worst, but I’ve done it after BP so there might be a hidden secret big PR here.

Thanks Hog, I just follow the programs, I fight the urge to do stupid shit when I feel good… I did a lot of assistance in the beginning, when I started to feel beat up I ditched it and now I’m feeling almost good.

I’ve actually had a whole year of good lifting.

I hope so.

4 Likes

194.7kg … that escalated quickly

4 Likes

194.7kg?
Did you by chance become a SHW competitor overnight?

4 Likes

I think we need to drug test this boi

4 Likes

@mortdk man I’ve been struggling to keep up with you in terms of weight and you become a superheavy in one day. How could you! Ima tren hard, eat clen and anavar give up until im 200kg

1 Like

That’s really good to read! I hope you realize how well you’ve done! PRs or no PRs, that’s a successful year. I know you’ve learned a lot and you’re out of your comfort zone with the weight gain, but I think those are some great things in terms of personal growth.

We’ll let you cut next year so you can get back to being lean.

3 Likes

Thanks guy’s fixed it.
No it wasn’t an extreme cheat meal :slight_smile:

Yes I’ve learned very much, and I’m a bit out of my comfort zone with the weight gain.
But one thing I’ve learned is that I don’t build humongous muscles no matter how much I eat.

Thanks man, I can’t wait.

But do I cut slow and long term or quick and hard? That’s the big question, I’m thinking about cutting two weeks on about 2500 calories then two weeks at maintenance 3000 and so on or a couple of month and see where that’ll take me.

1 Like

That’s up to you. I think you can do it either way since you won’t have a ton to lose. I’d tell you to go slow if you were losing a bunch of weight.

1 Like

Woke at 88,6 kg - 195,3 lbs

Todays training

The Danish Viking: SGSS by coach Thib

W13D3 5-4-3-2-1 reps upper body realization phase

Warmup: Ergorower 1 minute, armswings, BPA, kneeling bottom up KB pres, stretches and some other fluff

Bench press

• 5 @ 82,5 kg

• 4 @ 87,5 kg

• 3 @ 92,5 kg

• 2 @ 95 kg

• 1 @ 97,5 kg

Supersetted with

BB row

• 5 @ 77,5 kg

• 4 @ 80 kg

• 3 @ 82,5 kg

• 2 @ 85 kg

• 1 @ 87,5 kg

OHP

• 5 @ 47,5 kg

• 4 @ 50 kg

• 3 @ 52,5 kg

• 2 @ 55 kg

• 1 @ 57,5 kg

Pull up

• 5 @ 1,5

• 4 @ 5 kg

• 3 @ 8,5 kg

• 2 @ 10 kg

• 1 @ 12,5 kg

40 minutes, 5 minutes warmup + ramping weights to the first set of bench and row

Nothing much to report, it was a bit harder than Monday, but all reps done.

OHP were a true grind.

Rest between sets where a bit shorter, but not much.

10 Likes

So “realisation” is like peaking yeh? Do you think it’s working? I’m gonna start peaking soon for my test so hopefully we both set some PRs

1 Like

am not sure, but yes I think so.
This program is a very simple linear progression type of program.
It starts of with 3 weeks of 8 reps increase weight every week.
Then 3 weeks of 5, 3 weeks of 3 and finally 3 weeks of not 1 but this 54321 rep and the reason for that scheme is to get some volume as well.
It started to wear me down by the end of the 3’s phase so I cut everything but the main lifts to get as much recovery as needed.

yes I’m absolutely sure. OHP I’m not so sure, but that’s the most stubborn lift anyway.
The last (next) week I’m hoping to set small PR’s on all lifts. Then I’m doing one week of deload’ish training, so starting the new year with big pr’s.

I hope we will, I’m almost sure you will, you move the weights with such ease.

1 Like

Any PR is a big PR mate.

2 Likes

I know, but next week I’m just following the program and that is a 2,5 kg pr on almost all lifts give or take… that is if I can do it. But I think I can, I know I can.

6 Likes