The Danish Viking: back to 531: Road to 2-3-4 Plates

Thanks for the reminder. I get too caught up sometimes in thinking of the “next best step”. I’ll update you soon!

1 Like

Pretty much. Because you’re testing four lifts you do one day for each lift so the pump days in week one and two don’t happen. Also weeks three and four are four days each, one day per lift. If you were testing three lifts it would be three days.

In week three I should have said no fourth day, my bad.

The hard accessory for press for weeks one and three could be seated press or Z press.

1 Like

I had a look back through my 5thSet ebook, and this looks very similar to Swede’s recommended peak (which makes sense). I might use his peak for my next meet to come out of the Conjugate Method.

4 Likes

@littlesleeper you have the 5th set book and you don’t run the system?! Definitely use Swede’s peak.

1 Like

Lol, I have a LOT of training ebooks. I have not read through 90% of them and have not used 99% of the programs that I have the books for.

Pretty sure I’ll be taking your advice here, thanks!

1 Like

Link us your log

Tagged you

That Swede book sounds cool…:wink:

1 Like

@littlesleeper @losthog of either of you read the 5thSet book and used it for six months I would be shocked if Hog didn’t get in the region of 500/300/600 and sleeper 650/375/700 in meets.

3 Likes

I’m interested.

I’m not sure I’m advanced enough for a true conjugate system. It seems to be more for maintenance of some strength and building up weakness in form. My form may not be dialed in enough to be working weakness day in and day out.

But my body is fresh as it has ever been this deep handling heavy weights

1 Like

How about working both > form weakness

1 Like

Hmmmm. That’s like a slap in the nuts. Why didn’t I think of that? :thinking::cloud:

1 Like

Confirmed Guineapigs smarter than hogs

I dunno really know how it would be applied to what you’re doing but I know for sure there’s movements that target technique “weakness”

Pause movements and variations are what I think of immediately. Maybe pin squats or bench. Might be more but that’s all I got for you. Say your weakness is bar path out the hole in squats you could do pause squatting in the hole or halfway down. Pauses actually work pretty well when you go heavy on them for singles because what this guy said lol

Edit actually I got more: tempo work lol

1 Like

Another thing that targets weaknesses is technique. Many perceived weaknesses are just deficiencies in technique.

Lots of volume with light to moderate weights hammering technique over and over again corrects this. Any actual weaknesses are dealt with by attacking accessory and assistance work with the same intent as the main lift. Attack everything involved in the lifts. Make them all stronger. Combined with technical improvements and hey presto, weaknesses gone.

2 Likes

You could always do the DE days as Brian says: comp setup with bands or chains. That way you work on technique and explosiveness in one.

1 Like

Woke at 82,2 kg - 181,2 lbs
calories yesterday: 1800: 156C, 174P, 49F
Rest day, so I dialed back calories just a little.

Todays training

Viking Power Builder protocol

C3W1D3 Bench press 80%

Warmup: Ergorower, 1K run on treadmill, BPA, kneeling bottom up KB press, McGill big 3.

Bench warm up giant set

BB row 10 x 20, 40, 50, 60 kg 5 x 70, 77,5 kg

Bench 10 x 20, 40, 5 x 50, 60, 70, 77,5 kg

Bicycle crunch 6 x 12 each side

Bench and Row Main lift

BB row: 10 x 60, 50, 45, 40 kg

Bench press 6 x 2 @ 85 kg

Assistance giant set

Chin up BW: 5 x 5

Push press: 3 x 20, 40, 45, 50, 55 kg One clean to start.

Dynamic sideplank 5 x 7 each side

Finisher

Push up 5 x 13

Chest supported row: 5 x 10 @ 50 kg

BW squat 5 x 10

Little to no rest.

1 hour + 15 min warm up

A bit sluggish today, not in the mood, but got it done.

Push press new assistance for this cycle.

4 Likes

woke at 82 kg - 180,8 lbs
Calories yesterday: 2200: 196C, 186P, 72F
on the edge to the 81 something and the 170’s
The scale say 12,5 % BF but I don’t really trust the thing.

2 Likes

BTW accidetial bought a new set of wheels Monday. The picture isn’t mine. But it is identical.
Mazda Mx-5 1998 anniversary model.

13 Likes

Nice little car mate should be heaps of fun to fang around in

2 Likes

Very nice. How do you accidentally buy a car?

4 Likes