T Nation

The Danish Viking: Viking Power Builder protocol: Road to 2-3-4 Plates

I’ll weigh in on the test thing as well. It’s not something I’ve talked about on here because I really didn’t want to get into the ‘is T-replacement natty or not’ debate, but I’ve been on TRT for a little while. I got tested and my level was like at 134, so the doc put me right on it. I’m honestly not sure how much difference it’s made in my training, since I didn’t notice any jumps in weights I was using, although I did start during one of my lay-offs. I can definitely say it has helped in some of the ways @jackolee described, I feel better throughout the day, and I don’t have all the aches and pains to the extent I was getting them. I even sleep better. I was actually surprised how low my T-levels were, because I was still able to gain muscle and move good weights in the gym. I didn’t go in soliciting for TRT, I was just dragging and feeling lethargic, and the doctor ran the tests and that’s what came back.

@jackolee no hi"Jack" here man. Btw shouldn’t you prepare for stage brother. Get ready and pumped up. Shaving is awesome. Back in the days I shaved legs every other day. They looked smashing, my wife thinks a shaved cycle racers leg looks fantastic.

I’ve just recently read up on TRT and what it stands for. I’m sure here in DK it’s not something you’d be allowed by any doctors unless of course you were sick to a certain degree.
I am having a great time, I’m fatigued due to my training, I’m sleeping okay (I have to get up once every night to go to the bathroom).
So I think my T level is normal.
I don’t know if i would consider anyone on TRT as natural, if you’re sick then of course you should have it.

It’s interesting and I’ve tried creatine a couple of times with absolutely no effect :slight_smile: I can’t get mag10 here in DK and some of the other stuff you guys can get.
We’re on fish oil and ginger that’s about the only thing allowed around here.

@JMaier31 I’m not sure what to do. But I’m looking closely on that tried and true one. SGSS is indeed working. But it’s kind of more boring than 531 BBB.
I’ll come up with something great.

Woke at 81,4 kg - 179,5 lbs
yesterdays calories: 2200: 203C, 177P, 66F

Todays training
Viking Power Builder protocol

C3W2D4 Deadlift 70%

Warmup: Ropeskipping, BPA, lazy lifte + fluff.

Quick complex bar x 9: DL, row, cleans, front squat, press, back squat

DL warm up giant set

KB swing: 4 x 6 @ 24 kg

DL: 5 x 70, 100, 110, 120 kg all doh

Plank 4 x 30 seconds

Deadlift main

DL 8 x 3 @ 125 kg (70%) Belt + straps

25 minutes + 10 minutes warm up

I was totally and utterly wasted today.

From the start I wasn’t there, everything felt heavy and slow.

Did the warmup sets, tweaked my lower back a little.

Put on belt and straps, somehow managed the 8 sets.

Looked at the bar and the rack, and just called it there.

Two more weeks.

Woke at 81,7 kg - 180,1 lbs
BF 12,2% (it’s the scale, do not trust it)
calories yesterday: 2400: 166C, 210P, 77F.

I’m really torn between doing a 531 template of sorts or the tried and true BB.
I’m leaning toward the tried and true, been putting it down on paper and it looks good.
I’ll throw a sample of each at some point. But the main difference would be, that I’ll split the back work to the two pressing days.
I’ll do my running a bit later today.

Yeah the scales that tell you are rubbish. My rules of thumb are:
12-14 %. Can see all 6 abs when flexed. Small belly fat roll over line when sitting
10-12%. Clearly see all six abs, obliques are starting to pop
8-10%. Abs visible when relaxed, veins in lower abdomin start to appear.
6-8% separation between abs and obliques is more crisp. Veins more prominent in lower abs, and now appearing in upper and side abs. Chest veins as well. Skin is extremely thin. Mine was around 3.5mm one inch to the right of the belly button.

Todays training.

Running

1 mile: 8 minutes 35 sec (first time, so this is the time to beat).
some light jog
400 m 1 minute 44 sec (3 sec off best 400)

All up 2500 m.

Went past the 1km mark at around 5:25 a bit (5 sec) slower than last week.
Good way to end the week.

God damn …

Your mile time is quite a bit better than mine, but I think I can get sub- 9:00 if I do it fresh. I did a 1:48 400 a couple weeks ago, so I’m not too far behind you on the short distance. Gives me something to shoot for, but I doubt I’ll be very competitive with you, with my stubby legs…

:59 second 400 yo!

Love track running. If you stick with it, you’ll progress quickly.

You just try and catch me if you can.
I used to run pretty good.
My proudest was a sub 37 minutes 10K at the end of a triathlon for one of my best 10K’s. It’s been years since I did that.
I’m hoping I can run a sub 8 minute mile by the end of the year, and hopefully a 4 min 30 or 15 sec for 1K. 1 min 15 - 20 sec for a 400 m.
I don’t think I’ll run a 5K or longer before I get my 200 kg DL.

I’ll do my best! Since my main goal is weight loss right now, I’m going to do at least 1 5K run this spring. I was never a fast runner, but I’ve done 5K’s, 10K’s, mud runs, as well as 1 sprint triathalon when I was in college. That 37 minute 10K is awesome, I’ve barely ever hit a 6 minute mile pace for 1 mile, much less 6 miles straight! I’m sure I can get a sub-9 mile time in the next few months, but sub-8 would take a lot of work. I plan on shifting back to a strength bias after June 1st, so that may not be in the cards…

So ur sayin I’m about 20 then…

If you’re 20, I’m not even going to measure mine :joy::joy::joy:

I don’t even know if anyone really knows what their body fat percentage is. I think of it like levels and just try not to be fat af

Shredded as fuark
Looking Good
Bit fluffy
Fat af

Slightly disagree. I used to be obsessed with BF% - have a scale, a handheld, calipers, and a Skulpt. Not that any of those are accurate, lol.

I was pretty sure I was about 14%, had slight visual of abs, and calipers had me at 17% per my coach.

I think at 12%, definitely abs. But I also think it depends on age - I’m an older cat, like you and @mortdk, so skin is thinner.

Not sure of my point, other than I think it’s pretty individual.

EDIT: I was vascular AF at 14%

Hi mort - Looks like a lot of useful information this log - I’ll have to find some spare time to go through as much of it as I can.

Hi GsG welcome to the Viking log.
Hope you’ll find something useful :slight_smile: I’ll bet there are one or two gems hidden in here… if you can find them.
It’s long and there’s a lot of stuff to go through.
In the start of the first post, I’ve tried to put numbers to where I started programs and where I ended them.
I started my own powerbuilder at the start of this year.
I’ll try to do a 3 or 4 week peak at the end of the first 3 cycles.

Woke at 81,3 kg - 179,2 lbs
yesterdays calories: 2450: 256C, 180P, 75F
A bit high on calories yesterday, but I think I needed it.
I felt fine today, and a new low for 2019 :slight_smile: win win.

Viking Power Builder protocol

C3W3D1 OHP 80%

Warmup: Ergorower, kneeling bottom up kb press, bpa, yoga flow

OHP warm up giant set

Pull up BW 4 x 5

OHP 10 x 20, 30 kg, 5 x 40, 45 kg

Bicycle crunch 4 x 12 each side

Pull up SS OHP main lift

Pull up: 6 x 2 @ 7,5 kg

SS

OHP: 6 x 2 @ 50 kg

Assistance super set No giant today

BB row underhand grip 8 x 20, 45, 55, 65, 75 kg

CGPB 8 x 20, 45, 55, 65 kg 5 x 75 kg 11 x 60 kg

Finisher Giant set

DB press 2 x 13, 3 x 12 @ 12 kg last set rest pause 10 + 2

Lat pull down neutral close grip 2 x 12, 3 x 10 @ 60 kg

Took 20 seconds between the first rounds and a little longer before the last.
Tried a new rep/set scheme today Vince Gironda 8x8

Lateral raise 8 x 8 @ 4 kg DB’s 30 seconds rest between sets.

Great pump could have done a bit more weight.

55 minutes + 10 minutes warm up.

OHP was damn good today so was pull ups.

CGBP was fine but the last set was tough.

A bit tired today, not wasted, had a long day with 3 hours overtime.

Hey you are getting ahead of me skinny. Slow down. :joy:

Yeah I’ve noticed, and I got to 90 kg as well. So almost 9 kg from january first.
You just eat your veggies and not pizza and junk.