The Danish Viking: back to 531: Road to 2-3-4 Plates

Woke at 84 kg - 185, 2 lb.
About 2900 calories yesterday.
That was a surprise, probably the high intense game of badminton yesterday, I lost again, dammit. Next weekend I have to work so no humiliation in badminton there.

Todays training

The Danish Viking: SGSS by coach Thib

W3D1 3 x 8 reps upperbody

Warmup: stretches, yoga stuff

Dynamic warmup: 3 rounds

• Ergo rower 30 seconds

• kneeling buttom up KB press each arm x 8

• BPA x 15

Bench Overload

• 1 x 85 kg, 2 x 3 @ 105 kg Unrack and 1/10 ā€œrepsā€

Super set

• Bench press 3 x 8 @ 67,5 kg.

• BB row 3 x 8 @ 50 kg

OHP

• 3 x 8 @ 31 kg

Pull up

• 3 x 6+2 w/ 20 seconds pause between sets.

Assistance giant set

• EZ bar curl 3 x 15 @ 27,5 kg

• lat raise 3 x 15 @ 8 kg

• side crunch 3 x 15 each side

• hammer grip Lat pull down 3 x 10 @ 50 kg

Push up

• 17, 13, 8, 6, 6 with 20 seconds pause between sets.

45 minutes + warmup about 15 minutes.

Everything moved quite well today, even OHP.

Was a bit wasted after badminton yesterday and a day at the shooting range in rain and hail storms.

And I had to take the bicycle at work today, my legs are gonna hate me tomorrow.

8 Likes

woke at 84,1 kg - 185,4 lb
3000 calories yesterday.

Todays training

W3D2 3 x 8 reps lower body

Warmup: Swinging the arms, BW squats and Lazy lifter.
overload

• Squat: 3 x 85, 1 x 100, 2 x 3 walkout + 1/10 squat 125 kg legs asking me what are you doing, idiot.

Squat

• 3 x 8 @ 77,5 kg NOOOOO said the quads.

Deadlift

• 3 x @ 105 kg all doh. Strong and fast.

superset

• front squat

• 3 x 8 @ 35 kg quads ready to give up

• hanging leg raise: 3 x 8

RDL

• 3 x 10 @ 52,5 kg

Done in 38 minutes + less than 10 minutes warm-ups.

Legs were trashed after the weekends 5x10 lower body Saturday and badminton Sunday, on top of that standing and moving around on the shooting range yesterday + 2 x 30 minutes bicycling.

But DL and RDL were good.

Great to get down to sets of 8 reps.

7 Likes

Iā€™m very fortunate to plan my big days for my days off when I have two hours in the gym and nowhere to be. I canā€™t imagine trying to dry the five sets after a day at work.

2 Likes

You get used to it pretty fast.

1 Like

Woke at 84,5 kg - 186,3 lb
3000 calories yesterday.
When Iā€™m writing 3000 itā€™s within some 50-70 calories each side.

@Frank_C Iā€™m doing the same thing, trying to get the 5 sets day in at days off or have an evening shift, meaning I can workout before work. With that said this weeks 5 set days have to be after working hours.

@MarkKO yes I am already adjusting, either that or the sets of 10 really sucked.

And my warmup is beginning to be a bare minimum :slight_smile:

Quads really hates me today, almost crawling up and down stairs, but rest day today.

3 Likes

woke at 83,9 kg - 185 lb
only 2400 calories yesterday. Not intentional, had a long working day. Helped my friend the first part of the day assembling a leg curl/leg extension machine and an airdyne for a small gym. Then work until 9 in the evening. I know bring some more food.

Todayā€™s workout

W3D3 5 x 8 reps upperbody

Warmup: stretches, yoga stuff

Dynamic warmup: 3 rounds

• Ropeskipping 30 seconds

• kneeling buttom up KB press each arm x 12

• BPA x 15

Super set

• Bench press 5 x 8 @ 67,5 kg first 3 paused Strong and fast.

• BB row 5 x 8 @ 50 kg

OHP

• 5 x 8 @ 31 kg

Pull ups

• Pull up 5 sets of 6+2 w/ 20 seconds pause between sets.

Assistance super set

• EZ bar curl 3 x 15 @ 27,5 kg

• standing banded oblique crunch 3 x 15 each side

42 minutes + warmup about 10 minutes.

The best workout on SGSS so far, everything (except pull ups) felt good, fast and strong.

And this was after a days work, an extra bonus.

6 Likes

Youā€™re adapting.

2 Likes

Woke at 84,9 kg - 187,2 lb thatā€™s + a full kg from yesterday.
about 3000 calories yesterday.
Was eating at a buffet, and felt absolutely full the rest of the day, but itā€™s okay.
Weight is really fluctuating these days.
Feeling great this morning, I guess the beat up stuff from DH is beginning to disappear, maybe just maybe there is big gains at the end of the year.

1 Like

Woke at 84 kg - 185,2 lb
at least 3000 calories yesterday.
Weight goes up and down these days, really odd.
Iā€™m off to my lower body 5 set day, and then work, where Iā€™ll have to work and run around, thatā€™s gonna hurt.
See you, have a great weekend.

3 Likes

Whatā€™s youā€™re hydration like? Also what about salt intake?

Mort, what exactly do you do at work? Whatā€™s your job description? Iā€™m a lowly Patrol Officer. I answer 911 calls and solve peopleā€™s problems for them.

Hey Big J Thatā€™s what all danish officers starts doing, did it for about 5 years, was in an detectives bureau for a couple of years, But for the last 20 some years Iā€™ve worked on and off fighting gangs and drugs.
The last 6 years Iā€™ve been in a two headed bureau.
Our main objective is crime prevention in the our residential areas, where the lowest incomes/education lives. There is of course a lot of gang related crimes and gangs hanging around there.
So preventing the kids/youngsters joining the gangs is our main concern.
But we are in the area the only department that can handle our gang members so we have a lot of operations involving arrests and searches.
It is not as harsh as some areas in the states, and we are able to talk to most of the people we deal with.
I am also a member of our riot patrols involving operations with demonstrations and soccer hooligans.
Iā€™ve been a police officer for 30 years actually october 1 is 30 years exactly.
Today we had a demonstration, that ended quite early, so weā€™re all home early.
Hope that makes sense.

7 Likes

I think my hydration is okay, yesterday I probably was a bit dehydrated.
Salt is minimal unless Iā€™m eating out. But I was a bit surprised this morning.

Iā€™ve been on patrol for almost five years and I was a State Trooper for three years before switching departments. I only enforced traffic laws as a Trooper.

The only thing I know about your hooligans is from the movie Green Street Hooligans. I have no idea how accurate it is lol!

The last thing I want to do is riot/protest work. No, thanks!

How many homicides do you have in your jurisdiction? We average 30-35 and our population is just under 400,000. I think that might give me some perspective on the size of your gang problems.

Todays training

W3D4 5 x 8 reps lower body Preparation phase.

Warmup: stretches, yoga stuff, lazy lifter

Dynamic warmup: 2 rounds

• ropeskipping 30 seconds

• Airsquat x 10

• BPA x 15

Squat

• 5 x 8 @ 77,5 kg

Deadlift

• 5 x 8 @ 105 kg all doh

front squat

• 5 x 8 @ 35 kg

RDL

• 5 x 8 @ 57,5 kg

Done in 42 minutes + 10 minutes warm up.

Everything was moving well today, a bit rushed.

Not much to say, front squat and RDLā€™s are quite easy.

2 Likes

Itā€™s very different in my country.
We have a population of 5,7 million in DK and for the past 10 years thereā€™s been between 30 and 60 homicides each year.
Not many of them are gang related.
So you canā€™t compare DK to the states.
I think our crime prevention works really well here. And all weapons are illegal. It is only the police that can carry firearms here. Knives, sprays all kinds of weapons are illegal too.
It doesnā€™t mean we donā€™t have firearms incidents, and for the past couple of years weā€™ve had a some shootouts between gangs, mostly in Copenhagen but weā€™ve had a couple in our area too.
Police officers are rarely killed here, luckily.

3 Likes

Why not much? Imo Salt makes a big difference in how you feel and perform.

It helps when people actually respect authority. We have people intentionally raising their kids to disrespect and fight authority.

5 Likes

Wow, 30 years on the force! Happy anniversary!

My step brother is nearing his 20th, I think. He works as a deputy with the Sheriffā€™s department back east where our folks live. I think he does the same work as a patrolman - only on the county level as opposed to state or city.

1 Like

If your weight fluctuates a ton, hydration and salt intake are the two things Iā€™d look most closely.at. I learned that while leaning out.

Happy anniversary too.

1 Like