The Danish Viking: back to 531: Road to 2-3-4 Plates

What are you? Some sort of bodybuilder !! Take that shit somewhere else :wink:

5 Likes

Hey Luc, Iā€™ve been used to it, maybe thatā€™s why Iā€™m struggling.
But for the next about 14 weeks, my new CT program calls for a setup like above.
Iā€™ll see where I end with this, maybe training OHP in a fatiqued state could help. I guess itā€™s just my ego thatā€™s hurt a bit :slight_smile:

1 Like

Woke at 84,3 kg - 185,8 lb
about 2900 calories yesterday a lot was eaten during the evening, probably why the scale is a bit high.

1 Like

Haha, greasing through groove works well.

2 Likes

Mort, Iā€™ve always done OHP first on SGSS because I want my shoulders to freaking growā€¦ Hopefully it works someday.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve read that overhead press loves frequency. With 5/3/1 Iā€™m giving OHP its own day, as well as using it for an assistance exercise on bench day. On top of that, Iā€™m doing log presses on every strongman day. Oh, and I did Barbell waiter carries yesterday on squat day. Iā€™ll let you know how all of this volume works for me, since itā€™s still an experiment in progressā€¦

3 Likes

Iā€™m back. Had a quick road trip with the guys on my little hog. Went to Sweden yesterday, had a barbecue, shared a great Amarone wine and a couple of beers at the bonfire. The weather was great, sunny and warm, we call it ā€œIndian summerā€ when the weather is this warm in the autumn.

Todays training

The Danish Viking: SGSS by coach Thib

W2D2 3 x 10 reps lower body

Warmup: Swinging the arms, BW squats 2 x 10, BPA, Planks x 2

• Lazy lifter.

overload

• Squat: 3 x 80, 1 x 100, 2 x 3 walkout + 1/10 squat 125 kg

Squat

• 3 x 10 @ 72,5 kg

Deadlift

• 3 x 10 @ 100 kg all doh.

frontsquat

• 3 x 10@ 30 kg

RDL

• 3 x 10 @ 52,5 kg

Done in 35 minutes + less than 10 minutes warm-ups.

Was in a hurry today, so kind of af ā€œnot doing jack shitā€ but then again not.

Everything went very easy, especially squat.

11 Likes

Woke at 84,4 kg - 186,1 lb
No tracking yesterday, but not that much I think.

Todayā€™s training

W2D3 5 x 10 reps upperbody

Warmup: stretches, yoga stuff

Dynamic warmup: 3 rounds

• Ropeskipping 30 seconds

• kneeling buttom up KB press each arm x 8

• BPA x 12

Complex:

• BB x 8: DL, row, hang clean, front squat, strict press, back squat, GM, push press

Super set

• Bench press 5 x 10 @ 65 kg Got all reps on all sets, first 3 paused a bit to hard though.

• BB row 5 x 10 @ 45 kg easy, good.

OHP

• 5 x 10 @ 30 kg harder than I would have liked.

Pull ups

• Pull up 5 sets of 5+3+2 w/ 20 seconds pause between sets.

Assistance giant set

• EZ bar curl 3 x 14 @ 27,5 kg

• lat raise 3 x 14 @ 8 kg

• side crunch 3 x 14 each side

50 minutes + warmup about 15 minutes.

So I think I have overestimated my pressing movements a bit, ended at a rpe 8,5 on bench and 9,5 on press.

Rows are good, pull ups sucks. Nothing new here.

Did this workout 13 hours after the last lower body workout.

7 Likes

Thats a lot of volume over 45 minutesā€¦ lol

2 Likes

woke at 84,6 kg - 186,5 lb
about 3200 calories yesterday.
Gonna take a long walk today and thatā€™s about it. Hope you all will have a good weekend.

3 Likes

woke at 84,8 kg - 187 lb
3000 calories yesterday, not the cleanest ones though and not nearly enough proteins.

2 Likes

Todays training

W2D4 5 x 10 reps lower body

Warmup: stretches, yoga stuff

Dynamic warmup: 3 rounds

• ropeskipping 30 seconds

• Airsquat x 10

• BPA x 15

• Kb swing 10 x 24 kg

Lazy lifter

Squat

• 5 x 10 @ 72,5 kg everything moving well

Deadlift

• 5 x 10 @ 100 kg all doh, last 3 sets huffing and puffing.

superset

• frontsquat 5 x 10 @ 30 kg easy but damn breathing like a bellows

• hanging leg raise 5 x 6 Those were good.

RDL

• 5 x 10 @ 52,5 kg

finisher

• ab wheel 3 x 10

Done in 1 hour + 15 minutes warm up.

Yesterday I thought to myself, Iā€™ll do another week of 10ā€™s.

BUT @Frank_C youā€™re absolutely right this is hard too hard. Iā€™ll move straight into the program, starting with sets of 8 next week.

Doing 100 reps of squat pattern and 100 reps of hinging. Moving more than 13 tons of iron in an hour have left me devastated and sucking for air.

The first day of 3 sets of 10 were absolutely doable almost enjoyed it, but 5 sets is tough.

And if I can keep up the pace, Iā€™ll be doing my last set of lower body as a Christmas gift for myself.

7 Likes

Three more tough workouts, Mort! Thatā€™s how I viewed it. Three big leg days of five sets of eight reps. Just three of 'em. In four weeks youā€™ll be moving onto 3x5 and 5x5 and youā€™ll enjoy it more. After that youā€™ll move into the 3x3 and 5x3 phase and youā€™ll almost think the workouts are easy on the 3x3 day. They get so short. But itā€™s an earned feeling. You suffer early and reap the benefits later.

5 Likes

Woke at 85 kg - 187,4 lb
less than 3000 calories yesterday, but not sure.
Gaining 100 grams or more every day. I think that is way too much.
Today thereā€™s an hour of badminton later. Thatā€™s gonna hurt, my legs and glutes are sore today.

You canā€™t track over a day I donā€™t think. Not with any degree of accuracy. Thereā€™s simply too much fluctuation due to stuff like holding water, dehydration, etc. It makes it very, very hard to pick whatā€™s an actual gain and whatā€™s simply water weight, waste being held, etc.

Taking an average of weekly weights taken all in the same conditions could work. A month works well for me.

1 Like

I know Mark but for the last 9 days in a row Iā€™ve weighed a bit more every day, from 83,6 to 85 kg today. A month ago I was 82,3 But Iā€™m okay with itā€¦ I thinkā€¦
Thatā€™s about 3 kg in a month. I would like to see 87 in a month, 89 in two months and 91 just before christmas and probably 93 the start of new year with a massive strength gain with it too.

4 Likes

Whatā€™s your macro breakdown like, 3000 calories really isnā€™t that much tonne gaining weight that fast. maybe you need to up the protein and fats a little and cut back on the carbs ??

2 Likes

I agree! Hold back a bit, find your maintainance level and add 300-500 calories to that.

1 Like

My maintenance is about 2800 calories maybe 2700 so going up to 3000 shouldnā€™t be that much.
Iā€™ve been eating well not so healthy the last couple of days. Iā€™ll stick to the plan, eating a little under 3000. But then again I have to live a life as well.

2 Likes

The daily weigh ins will show deeper trends and give insight to food body reactions. Tracking more data points will simply provide more information for analysis

4 Likes