The Danish Viking: back to 531: Road to 2-3-4 Plates

Yeah, buddy!!! Glad to see you hit your goal and be able to say it felt easy. I felt the same way when I ran the program about the second workout of the week. You build for so long and then hit your goals on the first workout of the final week and you kind of feel like “Why do the second one? I’m going to be fatigued so I’m not adding weight to the bar so what’s the point?”

I don’t think it’d be a bad thing to do a lighter workout or super low volume just to prime the body and then come back next week and try to hit a new OHP PR. You can do the same with whichever left you do second on leg day. The second lift definitely suffers after a max effort on the first lift.

3 Likes

Good job mate! We all knew you had it!

2 Likes

Woke at 88,5 kg - 195,1 lbs

Todays training

The Danish Viking: SGSS by coach Thib

W14D2 5-4-3-2-1 reps lower body realization phase

Warmup: BW squats, BW lunges, stretches, Yoga flows but for about 20+ minutes

Squat

• 5 @ 102,5 kg

• 4 @ 107,5 kg

• 3 @ 112,5 kg

• 2 @ 117,5 kg + belt

• 1 @ 122,5 kg + belt

Deadlift

• 5 @ 137,5 kg 2 x doh 3 x hook (grip slipped I’m sure I would have had 3 reps doh)

• 4 @ 145 kg straps

• 3 @ 152,5 kg straps

• 2 @ 157,5 kg belt x mix grip

• 1 @ 167,5 kg belt + mix grip (misloaded)

front squat

• 5 @ 65 kg

• 4 @ 70 kg

• 3 @ 75 kg

• 2 @ 80 kg + belt

• 1 @ 85 kg + belt

RDL All straps

• 5 @ 100 kg

• 4 @ 105 kg

• 3 @ 110 kg

• 2 @ 115 kg

• 1 @ 120 kg

Done in an hour 10 minutes, 20+ minutes warmup + ramp to working weight of squats

Rest were about 2 minute between sets.

PR Squat, PR DL, PR Front Squat, PR RDL: 4 exercises 4 PR’s, life is good.

Videos tomorrow, about to head to work.

DL was supposed to be 165 kg but put a 2,5 kg one side and 5 kg the other… OHH WELL I’ll take it.

Squat and DL was moving well today.
Front squat and RDL were a littler harder than usual.
I haven’t missed a single rep of this program since I started it.

9 Likes

Yer good fken job mate. Quality

1 Like

Good job mort!!!

1 Like

Freaking speed rep on the Bench! Congratulations buddy, well deserved PRs

1 Like

That’s two case studies right here on the success of SGSS. I was the strongest I’ve ever been on every lift after my first run of this program.

I’m happy for your success, Mort! Great stuff!

2 Likes

Congrats on some big PRs. You deserved it

1 Like

Here is the squat, well I could improve form, but I don’t compete so that’s my squat form.

Deadlift

Now I’ll either deload next week and go for the really big PR’s in the first week of january.

Ohh it seems as if my squat video is not allowed, probably because I’m listening to AC/DC :slight_smile:

13 Likes

They haven’t caught it yet on the Deadlift. That looked easy!

1 Like

That deadlift was very easy, I would deff be going for another PR

1 Like

It was :slight_smile: I was really amazed how easy it was.
I’ll try a 4 plate pull on the virtual meet.

2 Likes

It’s December. I’m pretty sure we’re in the window so you could do it next week!

2 Likes

A bit late but congrats on reaching 100kgs on bench man!

1 Like

Smashing it Mort!

1 Like

So inspirational my man. Well done! I may need to run this program when I’m healthy again

1 Like

You don’t have to wait until next year. If the program has peaked you well then it might be better to do it sooner. There’s such a thing as peaking too early because after that “peak” in performance there’s a trough if you keep on training the same

1 Like

What I’m most impressed with is how good the lifts look. PRs are one good thing, PRs with greatly I improved technique are even better.

Well done.

7 Likes

Great way to finish off the year! I may have to give CT’s SGSS a look some time! …

1 Like

Some good work there Mort!!

1 Like