T Nation

The Daily Debacle (CL)

Let’s hope!

Had to move yesterday’s work to today. I hate funerals.

Wu= jumping around like an idiot

Week 7
1x5/115
1x5/135
1x5/155
5x1/175

RDLs
5x5/115

Rack pulls
Worked up to a fairly easy
2x225

Reverse hyper off bench
4x10/ red band

Didn’t get crazy today have to squat tomorrow.
Honestly thought my legs and feet would be damaged from the heels yesterday (it’s been a while) but no, I was good to go. On a brighter note though… guy at the gas station that a stop at several times a week didn’t recognize me at first… lol He said wow! I told him bet you didn’t think I had it in me. He said I didn’t know you had THAT much in ya… :joy: Even the ladies at the grocery store told me how pretty I looked. Still feels nice to get a compliment once in a while.

6 Likes

Always good to get some compliments. All the hard work paying off.

1 Like

Wu= actually did some stuff

Anderson squat (15)
1x5/bar
1x5/115
1x5/135
1x5/155
1x5/175
1x5/195
215 glued to the pins

Squat
1x5/115
1x4/135 because I am dumb as dirt
5x4/125

Belt squat
1x5/75
5x10/75

Landmine squat
3x5/50+

Walking lunges
3x20/BW

Stuff a little heavy today but that was to be expected since I pulled yesterday. I need to move something around, so I can space out the lower stuff a little more. I will have to cypher on it.

5 Likes

Yeah!

1 Like

Wu= lol

OHP
2x5/45
1x5/55
1x5/60
1x5/65
1x3/70
1x1/75
1x3/70
1x5/65
1x5/60
1x5/55
2x5/45

Tried some BTNP
A few sets of 3-5 with the light bar

High incline DB press alt iso hold
5x8/20s

Couple of drops sets front raises

Since this is an assistance only week I just skipped the trap bar. Was feeling a little beat up so just took it easy today.

5 Likes

Smart …way smarter than I would be about it!

1 Like

Wu= ah I did a lil

BP
2x10/45
1x5/55
1x5/65
1x5/75
And is where shit started going downhill
1x4/85
1x2/85
1x3/85
1x2/85 pinned myself on the 3rd rep
1x2/85

Got over myself and carried on
5x5/80

Med Incline DB press
5x10/20s

Didn’t sleep at all night before last legs cramping up. Stomach hasn’t been happy in 2 weeks. Just having one of my spells.

Since tomorrow is assistant only for DL I will hit the back stuff tomorrow.

9 Likes

That’s brilliant, great recovery to go from pinned to 5lb less 5x5.

Sleepless nights screw with my lifting abilities too. You’ll be back and kickin’.

How goes your Friday night?

1 Like

Misgrooved rep?

1 Like

Honestly fair is all I’m giving it. One of my ladies makes cookies and stuff to take to the farmers market on Sat. She baked all day yesterday and then at some point seriously burnt something in the oven. It was nauseating smelling it for hours.

In my mind am blaming her for the fumk I have been in for the past couple of weeks. I ate some of her cookies two weeks ago. That’s the only I have done different I normally never eat them because I do not like the way she does things food safety wise but in a moment of weakness, after smelling baking cookies, for hours, I gave in. I have not been hitting on all 8 cylinders since then.

Funny part… she gave me more cookies yesterday. I told oh no, thank you, but she insisted. All I could think was… Not on your life!

Lots of stress, allergies, overheated at the funeral last Sat, tainted cookies, couldn’t break the axle nut off the car Sunday to replace the wheel bearing, leaky roof at mom’s, interviewed a new peep, got stung by that scorpion weeks ago, it all adds up. It will pass. Just have ride it out.

1 Like

Nah, just haven’t been 100% and didn’t have it yesterday. Things like this happen. Everyday won’t be roses. Just have to try again next week.

3 Likes

Week 8?
Assistance only

Wu= hip circle bands came in yesterday so I actually did some stuff :scream:

Good mornings
WUT
5x5/85

Trap bar rows
5x5/100

DB hip thrusts single leg, double blah blah
My body is just not made for these

SA DB row
3x8/52.5

Many single pull ups various grips.
Have go disassemble a greenhouse in a bit and hopefully get the wheel bearing on the car changed.

3 Likes

Wu= :smirk:

Anderson squat
1x10/bar
1x5/115
1x5/135
1x5/155
1x5/175
2x3/195

Squat
1x5/115
5x5/125 speed and depth good on these so will up the ante next week

10 min EMOM
1x3/105

BSS
5x10/15s

Landmine squats
5x5/30
SS
Leg Ext
5x5/30

Next month I want to add an AMRAP in here somewhere.

8 Likes

Ouch and you want to add an AMRAP… maybe alternate between EMOM and AMRAP? just a thought , not trying to discourage effort! although my legs suddenly ache from reading your post!

1 Like

That may work!

1 Like

Good grief, you’ve had some bites from a crap sandwich lately. And tainted cookies - talk about salting the wound! :nauseated_face::face_vomiting: Given your recent workouts, it looks like you’re starting to feel better though…??

2 Likes

Yes, definitely feeling better. No more cookies from her though… lol

2 Likes

I’d probably still risk eating more cookies

But one scorpion sting and I’d never return

1 Like