T Nation

The Dadpool Files: Confessions of a Tr3yningBrah

I’m impressed with his fortitude!

1 Like

Would it help if I added the info he went on to the Naval Academy after graduation then into something undoubtedly high level and super-secretive?

1 Like

No. That makes him less than a human being

1 Like

But even non-humans can have impressive fortitude.

Sounds like he was good to go until right around high school graduation

1 Like

Or the Navy made him an offer he didn’t refuse :joy:

1 Like

Thank you for using this term. It feels more accurate. I also like to substitute glutton free for gluten free. Fat people don’t need to avoid gluten; they need to avoid gluttony.

No, because I’m smart enough to sit there and recover. I’ve done one minute sets of leg press and those get sketchy. I think I was able to the whole minute nonstop with two plates per side. I tried three plates per side and managed 85ush reps, but it was rest/pause sets of five after 40-50 reps.

And I think you’re smart enough to acknowledge that the Navy produces some of the most dangerous men in the world.

2 Likes

Yeah man the intermittent fatting caught me out as well

Anything you want to tell us @TrainForPain :joy:

1 Like

I’ve never managed to push myself hard enough to not be able to walk out of the gym, however I did once push myself hard enough to get a 3 day “carrying the baby” ban from the better half because my legs kept randomly giving way, does that count?

1 Like

Still unforgivable.

I like that! I got the term from @EyeDentist.

Is this for me? I suppose, in the same way that teenage drivers are dangerous.

Before anyone gets real-life upset, I’m good friends with a retired Team 6 gentleman. I had once thought we were a little more peer (he’d just said he was a SEAL) until I found out what Team he was on; I immediately realized I was JV.

Totally plagiarized, but the concept, as I understand it:

• You more or less IF until you get hungry/ grumpy
  • When do you eat, prior to workouts, you eat foods very low on the insulin index (and not much of them) - fats, essentially (although you’ll be somewhat surprised what foods score high and low)
  • Beginning with your workout and continuing after, you eat carbs and proteins

My pump yesterday running on fat and sodium was pretty ludicrous - I liked it!

3 Likes

The only things I know about the Navy are that they have the SEALs, they drive the boats, and they have divers.

I’m not tough enough for any of those. SEALs are self explanatory, I’d get seasick on a boat in rough seas, and I’m not great at swimming.

2 Likes

Honestly, if I had it to do over, I’d go to Navy and go the SEAL route. Next lifetime.

Today took freaking forever, and I was absolutely uninterested by the end. I’m only amused by the main stuff, so I need to find a way to keep myself entertained for the small stuff. This where Alsruhe is genius, to be fair.

Maybe I’ll work up to my top set for the volume to save a little time, but that feels like cheating.

Anyway - Pull!

Warmup: 5 minutes on the ROGUE… Rogue… rogue… BIKE… Bike… bike… (Rogue Echo Bike - get it!!!)

1. One-Arm Row
    Used the Rogue lever arms. Kinda weird; not sure if I loved it or not.
    -/10
    25/8
    45/10 x 4

2. MAG Close Pulldown
    30/8
    70/8
    100/8
    120/8
    130/8 x 2

3. DB Pullover
    60/10 x 3

4. 2-Block Pull
    135/3
    225/3
    315/1
    365/3
    315/5 x 4

5. Back Extension
    On GHR
    BW/15 x 2

6. BB Curl
    3-second eccentric
    50/8 x 4

7. Incline DB Curl
    15/10 x 3

2 Likes

I knocked out an APFT yesterday (I still had to do one of the old ones before we transition to the new one!). It wasn’t pretty, but I passed… well, I passed according to big Army standards, but none of my old units would have kept me! I also found a scale that has to be broken, but it weighed me in under the limit so I didn’t have to get taped.

Anyway, today was push

Warmup: 5 minutes Airdyne bike
I think/ hope the bike has hurt my nether region; otherwise, I might have a hernia

1. DB Incline
    25/20
    45/12
    60/8
    75/10
    85/10
    90/6
    80/10

2. BB Incline
    45/8
    135/8
    165/8
    185/5
    What the hell?? The first angle with the dumbbells is supposed to be a slight angle, but all our benches are bolted down so I can’t do that. Maybe I should do flat instead. I’m hoping the weakness is just from doubling up on essentially the same movement.

3. Dips
    BW/20 + 15 + 10 + 6

4. Machine Flye
    1.5 reps
    80/8
    80/8
    80/7

5. Machine Rear Delt
    85/20
    85/20
    85/16
    70/20
    Superset with:

6. V-bar Pressdown
    50/12
    50/9
    37.5/12
    37.5/12

7. Machine Shoulder Press
    70/4
    100/4
    80/6
    90/6
    100/4

8. DB Skullcrushers
    20/15 x 4

3 Likes

Finally worked out instead of typing about working out. I just did something completely different. I’m going with: I don’t care what I do, right now; just do something.

I have an appointment in two weeks to figure out whatever is going on downstairs. I’m letting it bother me too much.

Squat Day!

• 5 minutes Airdyne (1.95 miles)

• Box Jumps: 3 sets of 5

• Squat
    45/6
    135/6
    185/4
    225/4
    275/2
    295/6 x 3
    Holy poo I am way better at working up to a top set than volume right now. It might not be a bad idea for me to do volume at a % on the main lift like I was doing with dark horse.

• Frankenstein Squat
    135/8 x 2
    135/12

• BB Walking Lunge
    40/6 x 3

• BB Reverse Lunge
    40/6 x 3

• Machine Leg Press
    150 x 15 seconds

4 Likes

Bench today

• 5 minutes Airdyne: 2.01 miles

• Plyo Push-ups: 3 x 3

• Bench
    45/6
    95/6
    135/6
    185/4
    205/9

• CG Floor Press
    135/8
    135/8
    135/10

• DB Incline
    2-second eccentric, explosive concentric
    60/8
    60/8
    60/7

• OH EZ Extension
    40/8
    60/6
    60/6

• Dips
    BW/ 15 seconds

2 Likes

What’s the script with this program mate?

Are you going bench/squat/dl and assistance,