The Da Vinci Code

Does anyone have any thoughts about the information that is found in this novel? I’m about 3/4 through it, and it is blowing my mind.

Keep in mind that the so-called “secret history” is circumstantial, and based on historical factoids that cannot be checked without a time machine.

But it’s a fun mystery.

I don’t know if any of that stuff is true or not, but it was an entertaining read. I just finished Deception Point and it was good as well.

It is such a good book. The ending is probably not what you are expecting :slight_smile: It says that it is based on facts, and it really makes you stop and think about modern day Christianity and how it came to be. Enjoy the rest of the book!

Well, you can research Templars info, Da Vinci’s art pieces, Free Masons.
I just finished it. Good novel but for my taste it lacks more detail regarding the Templars, and some other things that I would not mention just in case you are not there yet. If you like this novel and its subject, then get Foucault’s Pendulum, Umberto Eco. Slow paced but rich in detail.

It is an entertaining read and very persuasive with its pov, but don’t let that throw you for a loop. Almost every one of the author’s supposed factoids has been ripped to pieces be either (1) lack of evidence to back up claims (2) outright inaccuracies on quoted sources or (3) pure, everyday conspiracy theory.

Good book, just remeber it is a work of fiction. I thought the ending was a little predictable with a little bit of a twist.

WARNING!
Possible spoiler following:
This is addressed to those familiar with all 4 of his books, or at least more than one.
Did anyone else notice the theme of females with fathers/father figures but without mothers? I believe authors draw from experience, or at least from things that are personally important to them. One wonders what is on HIS mind. DP and DF have female leads lacking mothers, whose relationship to a father figure is crucial to the plot. A&D and DC feature male leads, but the female counterparts have just lost their fathers. A&D also has another character with an important relationship with his father.

Interesting.

There is a web-site devoted to checking out the references of the book, you’ll have to search for it as I can’t recall it at present. I saw a Discovery Channel program on it last night, which was fairly uninteresting except to say that there are documents detailing The Priory of Scion (sic) found in France that list Da Vinchi as a member, although some think maybe it was a hoax. The one problem with it being a hoax is that the documents are older then dirt dating to a time when not a lot of people were reading and writing. It seems less plausible that documents like that were created and hidden with the purpose of some millenia old joke. Anything’s possible though.

Anyone else catch the code hidden in the dust jacket?

Read Atlas Shrugged

the DA Vinci code is a fabrication.
the author has said so himself this i heard or read somwhere. made up, and the
book is very good from what i understand

Barton

The Tomb of God- Richard Andrews.

The Head of God- Keith Laidler.

The Second Messiah- Chritopher Knight.

These are interesting books to read if you want to know more about the Templars and what they were up to.

I finished them ages ago. Ifa nyone wants to take them off my hands let me know.

Just started this book last night. The way i read i may be finished by the time this site goes mainstream…No just kidding! Anyway if anyone knows the site that discusses this book please post…Let you know how its going…Great thread guys…very educational

entertaining read, but the least favorite of his 4 books. digital fortress or deception pt are my favorite, angels and demons next, da vinci code 4th. Still enjoyed it though.

I am listening to it on audio book starting last night. I am on chapter 30.
Having been taught by monks all my life, and having done some prior reading about secret societies, and opus dei before…thats some scary shit

It’s a fraud. The same book was written in the 60’s. Plus all of his books are the same.

The idea of what the Holy Grails “secret meaning” is has been batted about for a while. The basic history of when the role of women in the early church was subjugated to that of men was basically correct, but the whole mysoginistic conspiracy thing behind it I find hard to swallow. And DaVincis artwork did not contain any codes. And the Last Supper does not have any women in it. Or jello. Or kangaroos. And only one Christ. See if anyone can spot that reference.

Just got the book Monday and by today - Wednesday - I have almost the book finished … GREAT read.

I had known alot about the Orders, Opus Dei etc, and had read the Bloodline and the Holy Grail … so it’s believable from the start …

A great read …