The Curl Thread

[quote]HotCarl28 wrote:
curls get u laid more than squats[/quote]

FACT

[quote]Dr.PowerClean wrote:
shizen wrote:
How about some HEAVY curling - YouTube ‘light weight’

That’s some funny shit! Let’s take a poll about what the punk was listening to on his ipod during his two inch reps. My guess is James Blount’s “You’re Beautiful.”

[/quote]

LOL! two spotters on the preacher curl! LMAO!

[quote]HotCarl28 wrote:
curls get u laid more than squats[/quote]

I refuse to believe that this guy gets laid more than me:

[quote]Dr.PowerClean wrote:
shizen wrote:
How about some HEAVY curling - YouTube ‘light weight’

That’s some funny shit! Let’s take a poll about what the punk was listening to on his ipod during his two inch reps. My guess is James Blount’s “You’re Beautiful.”

[/quote]

my guess is Madonna’s “Material Girl”

I like hammer curls… I just never do the.

[quote]shizen wrote:
How about some HEAVY curling - YouTube ‘light weight’ [/quote]

I can understand heavy negatives but this is ridiculous.

Look at the “freshman girl” sized MEGA GUNZZ!!

Good thread! I’m seriously sick of people bashing curls on this forum. Who wants to lift weights and have estrogenic little arms, seriously? Yeah, I do chin ups and pull ups, but they don’t do jack for my arms. I throw in some curls in my spare time at least three days a week when I’m at home, just pick up some dumbbells or the curl bar. Why the fuck not?

[quote]cormac wrote:
Good thread! I’m seriously sick of people bashing curls on this forum. Who wants to lift weights and have estrogenic little arms, seriously? Yeah, I do chin ups and pull ups, but they don’t do jack for my arms. I throw in some curls in my spare time at least three days a week when I’m at home, just pick up some dumbbells or the curl bar. Why the fuck not?[/quote]

totally agree bro, idk what people think, but you cannot have a balanced physiqu without doing curls period. I hate when i see a guy w/ big triceps and absolutely no bi’s. it’s simply unappealing

[quote]cormac wrote:
Who wants to lift weights and have estrogenic little arms, seriously? [/quote]

Me

i recently tried out incline curls and theyre fuckin nice.

oh and dont feel alone, i do reverse curls too…but i thought they were a forearm movement??

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
i recently tried out incline curls and theyre fuckin nice.

oh and dont feel alone, i do reverse curls too…but i thought they were a forearm movement??[/quote]

they hit the bicep brachialis quite good as well as forearms.

Curls hurt my wrists.

^use an E-Z bar or dumbells. it helps me a lot not only with wrist but forearm pain too.

I do reverse curls with an easy bar almost every week. If they hurt your wrist like they have mine just use less weight. I went up to 90 lbs for 12 reps a few days ago. I started out being weak as piss on these.

Have any of you done that Poliquin program “Winning the Arms Race”?

I think EZ curls are one of the toughest things you can do in the gym.

I also like a modified version of Alt DB Curls.

Instead of starting at the bottom, start with the elbow bent, so the bicep is already under tension.

At the top, stop at about 45 degrees, it should be the toughest place in the movement to stop.

Simply move between these two positions. It’s very, VERY tough. You’ll need to use a light weight. And you’ll really feel a pump with these.

Just curious, what is everyone curling anyway?

The other day I curled 30kgs + the EZ bar for 2 sets of 9 reps.

[quote]Sxio wrote:

Just curious, what is everyone curling anyway?

The other day I curled 30kgs + the EZ bar for 2 sets of 9 reps. [/quote]

120lbsx6 straight bar curls no cheat.

4xBW + chains in the 15-20 rep range

[quote]cormac wrote:
4xBW + chains in the 15-20 rep range[/quote]

haha

[quote]Kalle wrote:
cormac wrote:
Who wants to lift weights and have estrogenic little arms, seriously?

Me
[/quote]

Hey thats cool but your into the strongman thing if I remember correctly.

What bugs me is when all the power lifters and strength sport guys come over and tell the bodybuilders how to lift. Not saying you ever do it, but I see it all the time.

BTW Mariusz Pudzianowski does curls.
Check it, a little more than a 3rd of the way threw.