The Covington Catholic Rorschach Test

Agreed. The kav hearings is easily the worst offending situation in my recent memory.

Nor should you. I still have relatives who believe Obama is a foreign born Muslim ISIS member. And that was pushed by mainstream right media for YEARS.

One sees what they want. In the age of the Internet you can simply ignore anything that doesn’t fit their worldview. Plenty of right wing/left wing newsites to digest.

2 Likes

In this particular case, they seemed to have gotten the story right.

I had to scroll back 18 pages on the search to find their first story on it.

They’ve been all over this story it seems. I don’t find it surprising that they don’t seem to have reported on it until the longer video emerged. I don’t view this as evidence of a higher standard of integrity, but in this particular case they seem to have not run with it until it was no longer unfavorable to conservatives.

They just happened to be right in doing so.

1 Like

I totally disagree with the “most people” part of this … I think you’re either falling victim to your own either availability bias or confirmation bias

It’s tough to combat this when most people aren’t aware of it…ignorance is bliss so they say…

1 Like

I think it’s catching on pretty quickly. I just filled in an official form for the Bureau of Indian Affairs for my kids to confirm registration in the Mescalero Apache tribe and it says “First American” all over it, then tribal affiliation (to which we attach paperwork from the tribe).

I guess it’s the official term now.

One of the few government terms of which I approve.

I say this in the context that people continue to constantly feed the news machine that gives them all of those things.

People have a funny way of displaying otherwise.

This is easily one of my favorite sayings. And easily the most accurate one

There’s a line in a Them Crooked Vultures song that goes, “Ignorance is bliss until they take your bliss away.” Not only is that a cool fuckin’ line, it pokes fun at being ignorant without being in bliss…

2 Likes

No.

They held off reporting on it because of all the White Kids with “MAGA” hats on…not because FOX are such careful and through journalist who vet things carefully before they report it.

Again…a total Left Clusterfuck…but don’t paint Fox as some bastion of journalistic integrity.

1 Like

He did seem to go on and agree with you here with the rest of his paragraph.

Now if we could just find something to fight about…

1 Like

My apologies, @twojarslave.

I think these types of events and topics make all of us a little oversensitive…

3 Likes

While I do not wholly disagree with the train of thought applied here (that the “hard left” news outlets / celebrities going after the kids are “mainstream” while the “hard right” equivalent is rather less prominent in the “mainstream” media), I’ll just point out that a long-time birther is our President, so let’s not pretend that birthers only exist on the Right’s lunatic fringe.

But yeah, I’m really tired of this kind of shit from both sides.

4 Likes

Trump’s a weird outlier I’ll give you that, but I don’t think the majority or even a vast majority of the people that voted for him support his birther lunacy. I’d guess the majority that voted for him forgot, conveniently or genuinely, that he was a birther to begin with.

1 Like

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/zorn/ct-polling-ignorance-facts-trump-zorn-perspec-0106-md-20170105-column,amp.html

“More evidence from the Economist/YouGov survey of 1,376 American adults:”

Personally, it’s gonna take more than a poll of .0004% of the population to convince me a large portion of Republican’s are birthers.

Who in god’s name did they poll anyway?

Understandable.

Probably members of the pfury family, many of whom KNOW Obama is a foreign ISIS agent to this very day.

Edit: or my sister in laws family
Or most of WV

2 Likes

Lol, sorry, man. Usmc’s family has a politically eclectic mix. Makes thanksgiving interesting.

1 Like

Obama wasn’t born in America and is not an ISIS operative from Kenya. He is the lizard king with intergalactic ambitions of dominating not just this planet but lots of others.

Oh yeah and if he is ever elected President he will take all your guns. So if you haven’t bought tons of guns yet you better hurry. Obama will take them all.

3 Likes

Words actually can’t describe how badly I want a single poll to back up your view of birthers. I so very badly want it to by my small sample size

For a foreign born ISIS member, he really did a horrible job

1 Like

HE’S RUNNING FOR A THIRD TERM!!!

2 Likes

Seems like a good excuse to bring this up:

I honestly don’t know how we as a nation get through the day.

1 Like