The Complete Power Look Program Question

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
Hey CT,

Any thoughts on loaded carrier on off days? or as optional work on lower days? It’s getting nice out and I wouldn’t mind training outside a bit!

Thanks,
Chris [/quote]

Loaded carries should be done on the days you train, either at the end of the workout or as a separate session.

Famer’s walk can be done on deadlift day
Overhead carries on push press day
Prowler/sled or yoke carry on squat day
Zercher carries on bench press day

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
Hey CT,

Any thoughts on loaded carrier on off days? or as optional work on lower days? It’s getting nice out and I wouldn’t mind training outside a bit!

Thanks,
Chris [/quote]

Loaded carries should be done on the days you train, either at the end of the workout or as a separate session.

Zercher carries on bench press day[/quote]
when done at end of session, how many rounds of how long are we talking about?

[quote]domcib wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
Hey CT,

Thanks,
Chris [/quote]

Depends Loaded carries should be done on the days you train, either at the end of the workout or as a separate session.

[/quote]

on the goal. A rule of thumb I use is 10m = 1 rep. So if you are doing it strictly for strength, it can be anywhere from 10 to 50m. If you are doing it for size and strength 60-80m, if you are doing it for conditioning 100-150m. Always with a load that is challenging for the distance selected.

THIS IS FOR CARRIES, not prowler work. Prowler work is about half that … 10-30m for strength, 35-50m for size and strength, 55-80m for conditioning.

Thanks CT

[quote]domcib wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
Hey CT,

Thanks,
Chris [/quote]

Depends Loaded carries should be done on the days you train, either at the end of the workout or as a separate session.

[/quote]

on the goal. A rule of thumb I use is 10m = 1 rep. So if you are doing it strictly for strength, it can be anywhere from 10 to 50m. If you are doing it for size and strength 60-80m, if you are doing it for conditioning 100-150m. Always with a load that is challenging for the distance selected.

THIS IS FOR CARRIES, not prowler work. Prowler work is about half that … 10-30m for strength, 35-50m for size and strength, 55-80m for conditioning.
[/quote]
Nice.

1. How many sets would you recommend?
  2. Would it be acceptable to variance in the Goal?----
    meaning,
    a) conditioning on squat day, strength on bench day, etc
    b) conditioning for 3 weeks(or 1 phase), strength/size for 3 weeks(or 1 phase), etc

[quote]domcib wrote:

[quote]domcib wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
Hey CT,

Thanks,
Chris [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Nice.

1. How many sets would you recommend?

2. Would it be acceptable to variance in the Goal?----
    meaning,
    a) conditioning on squat day, strength on bench day, etc
    b) conditioning for 3 weeks(or 1 phase), strength/size for 3 weeks(or 1 phase), etc
    [/quote]

3. 2-6 sets… Week 1: 4 sets, Week 2: 5 sets Week 3: 6 sets, Week 4; 3 sets

4. I would stick to one goal per 4 weeks (or 3 weeks) block

On the Front Loaded Split Squats 4x8, is that 8 each leg, or 4 and 4, or alternating 1 at a time til you reach 8?

[quote]domcib wrote:
On the Front Loaded Split Squats 4x8, is that 8 each leg, or 4 and 4, or alternating 1 at a time til you reach 8?[/quote]

8 per leg

[quote]domcib wrote:
On the Front Loaded Split Squats 4x8, is that 8 each leg, or 4 and 4, or alternating 1 at a time til you reach 8?[/quote]

8 per leg[/quote]
i figured you would say that. kill me some more. at least it’ll keep me from asking for more work… :slight_smile:

Hey guys I’m just gonna copy this quote from CT here because I think it’s gonna help a lot of people to go through those crazy 5x6@80%. I’m on week 5 and so glad that 5x6 are over :smiley:

“Yes, there is definitely something to that if you rarely went above 2-3 reps for a long while. HOWEVER 5 x 6 @ 80% is VERY VERY VERY demanding work. It’s normal if it’s tough, even to maybe not complete a set or two (in that case, if by rep 4 or 5 I know that the last 1-2 reps will not go up, I finish the set as a rest/pause… having a 10-15 second pause then finishing the set)”

This quote is from this thread: http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_thibaudeau/915_wkout_prog_question

Im in week 4 now.
Last Week i only had 5 5 5 4 4 in benchpress with 92,5kg.

Sunday i must do 5x6. Should i try it? Or drop the Waight of 90kg in the first 3 Sets. And than i go up back to 92,5kg if i can. ?

[quote]Germanguy wrote:
Im in week 4 now.
Last Week i only had 5 5 5 4 4 in benchpress with 92,5kg.

Sunday i must do 5x6. Should i try it? Or drop the Waight of 90kg in the first 3 Sets. And than i go up back to 92,5kg if i can. ?[/quote]

Drop the weight a bit.

You can use a rest pause…

For example if you only get 5 or 4 reps in a set, take 10-15 sec of res (put the bar back on the rack) then complete your reps.

BP Week 7 today, 3x3 at 90%. Haven’t missed a rep yet, but had to drop the weight.

Dig the program, but not sure BP jives with 5% jumps 3 weeks in a row. You have to way underestimate 1rm from the start.

Love it CT, but what are you suggesting we do the other 3 days of the week? WODs??

It seems like the program has a form of double progression along with assistance. Very interesting.
First increase in capacity, then, increase in strength.

5% of 1RM increase per week is not the same as increasing the weight by 5%.

If your max that you can do on any given day is 300, then 90% is 270, 80% is 240
270 for 3 reps I think is fairly reasonable, 3 sets of this- sounds doable.(depending on your rest periods)
Then again,for me personally, I am much better at doing 1-3 then 5-6

The 5x5, and 5x6 @ 80% will be killing me i’m sure

Coach, just finishing up Week 6 and loving it. Feeling great and seeing a lot of progress. Without looking too far ahead, I am looking around for a program to do after finishing this one and would like a suggestion. It will be early June and cutting off some fat and getting as ripped as possible for summer will be the goal, although I want to preserve as much muscle and strength gains from this program as possible, preferably all of it. Any suggestions?

Hi. What’s the recommended rest between sets for the main lifts and accessory lifts? Thanks

[quote]sawyerfamilyaz wrote:
Coach, just finishing up Week 6 and loving it. Feeling great and seeing a lot of progress. Without looking too far ahead, I am looking around for a program to do after finishing this one and would like a suggestion. It will be early June and cutting off some fat and getting as ripped as possible for summer will be the goal, although I want to preserve as much muscle and strength gains from this program as possible, preferably all of it. Any suggestions?[/quote]

You could do another cycle.

[quote]dmcx wrote:

You could do another cycle.
[/quote]

After finishing my last week of 1 and 1/4 squats I have to say that hitting another 10 weeks sounds pretty tough.

Also, did anyone else feel like the 1/2 front squat was more of a test of your abs and back? It felt like that’s what it challenged the most on me.

Thank for last advice CT!
I love this Programm and defently run another Cycle.

I use the Back Squat instead of the Front Squat. Im almost on week 5 but looking forward week 8 and see i cant use back Squat anymore as Overload Movement. What can i do? Dead Squats?

And can i add a 5th day of Pump Work for Back in the next Cycle or Back spec Programm between two power Look Cycles?

Thanks for any advices