T Nation

The Common Cold/Flu

For the past 2 days, I have been suffering from a head cold/flu. Not bad enough to stop me from working, but enough to make me stop working out.
What are my fellow T-Nationers remedies for the common cold/flu?? Does anyone else crave scotch and coke when sick?
Im currently working through a big pot of chicken soup.
tweet tweet

Squats. Lots and lots of squats.

I was serious. But also Spike is motherfucking amazing when it comes to knocking a cold on its ass. Feeling run down? Not sure if you'll makea workout happen? Drink yourself a fuckin' Spike! I always feel great after having a Spike while sick.

In your shoes I just increase my vitamin C doses, take some zinc losenges (clear your head out too) and pound back an extra couple liters of water.

If all else fails just snort an ammonia cap.

Unless I feel run down, I still lift through it. Stay well hydrated.

Theres no way I can workout in this state. I hink been run down has led me to getting the cold/flu.
tweet tweet

my rule is if it's above the neck i dont stop lifting. other than that I'd stay extremely hydrated. and convince yourself your healthy.

Maybe its the Bird flu?

Seriously though, I wouldn't drink alcohol while sick. You're technically making your body get rid of the toxin(alcohol) before it works on the actual problem. I hope this explains what I'm tryin to say anyways...

I swear by these Airborne type tablets. I buy the Target brand... same stuff. At the first sign of a cold, I start taking them as directed. I'd say that more than 1/2 the time, it knocks the cold right out before it takes hold of me.

Penicillin soup. Works every fucken time.

Except that it doesn't work at all for colds and flu.

Use your think brain. Fuck head.

You're kind of a piece of shit, aren't you?

Penicillin is an antibiotic. It's used to treat bacterial infections. Colds and flu are viral, fuck head.

Rest, water, hot bath + some food.

If you really had influenza though, you wouldn't even be thinking this question, you'd just be lying around feeling all uuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhh!!

My bad.

You're still a dick though.

Ok, if you say so.

I had a minor cold for a week or so and was working out like normal. The day after a difficult leg workout, I woke up with a full blown infection and have barely been able to eat (or do anything) for 4 days. Fortunately, I'm feeling a bit better today, but I haven't had the heart to weigh myself.

This might have been a coincidence... but in the future if I am feeling sick I am going to back off.

Thanks for the advice my fellow freinds.
I woke up today, still feeling a bit crook, but I have a training match in about 6 hours time that I need to play. Im going to pop some paracetemol and hope for the best. Wish me luck.
tweet tweet

You might have the avain flu virus...