The Common Cold/Flu

For the past 2 days, I have been suffering from a head cold/flu. Not bad enough to stop me from working, but enough to make me stop working out.
What are my fellow T-Nationers remedies for the common cold/flu?? Does anyone else crave scotch and coke when sick?
Im currently working through a big pot of chicken soup.
tweet tweet

Squats. Lots and lots of squats.

I was serious. But also Spike is motherfucking amazing when it comes to knocking a cold on its ass. Feeling run down? Not sure if you’ll makea workout happen? Drink yourself a fuckin’ Spike! I always feel great after having a Spike while sick.

In your shoes I just increase my vitamin C doses, take some zinc losenges (clear your head out too) and pound back an extra couple liters of water.

If all else fails just snort an ammonia cap.

Unless I feel run down, I still lift through it. Stay well hydrated.

Theres no way I can workout in this state. I hink been run down has led me to getting the cold/flu.
tweet tweet

my rule is if it’s above the neck i dont stop lifting. other than that I’d stay extremely hydrated. and convince yourself your healthy.

[quote]theBird wrote:
For the past 2 days, I have been suffering from a head cold/flu. Not bad enough to stop me from working, but enough to make me stop working out.
What are my fellow T-Nationers remedies for the common cold/flu?? Does anyone else crave scotch and coke when sick?
Im currently working through a big pot of chicken soup.
tweet tweet[/quote]

Maybe its the Bird flu?

Seriously though, I wouldn’t drink alcohol while sick. You’re technically making your body get rid of the toxin(alcohol) before it works on the actual problem. I hope this explains what I’m tryin to say anyways…

I swear by these Airborne type tablets. I buy the Target brand… same stuff. At the first sign of a cold, I start taking them as directed. I’d say that more than 1/2 the time, it knocks the cold right out before it takes hold of me.

Penicillin soup. Works every fucken time.

[quote]Wambat wrote:
Penicillin soup. Works every fucken time.[/quote]

Except that it doesn’t work at all for colds and flu.

[quote]Ronsauce wrote:

[quote]Wambat wrote:

Except that it doesn’t work at all for colds and flu.[/quote]
Use your think brain. Fuck head.

[quote]Wambat wrote:

[quote]Ronsauce wrote:

[quote]Wambat wrote:

Except that it doesn’t work at all for colds and flu.[/quote]
Use your think brain. Fuck head.[/quote]

You’re kind of a piece of shit, aren’t you?

Penicillin is an antibiotic. It’s used to treat bacterial infections. Colds and flu are viral, fuck head.

Rest, water, hot bath + some food.

If you really had influenza though, you wouldn’t even be thinking this question, you’d just be lying around feeling all uuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhh!!

http://www.squidoo.com/jewishpenicillin
http://www.medterms.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=26182

http://www.suite101.com/content/jewish-penicillin-a150848

My bad.

You’re still a dick though.

[quote]Ronsauce wrote:
My bad.

You’re still a dick though.[/quote]
Ok, if you say so.

I had a minor cold for a week or so and was working out like normal. The day after a difficult leg workout, I woke up with a full blown infection and have barely been able to eat (or do anything) for 4 days. Fortunately, I’m feeling a bit better today, but I haven’t had the heart to weigh myself.

This might have been a coincidence… but in the future if I am feeling sick I am going to back off.

Thanks for the advice my fellow freinds.
I woke up today, still feeling a bit crook, but I have a training match in about 6 hours time that I need to play. Im going to pop some paracetemol and hope for the best. Wish me luck.
tweet tweet

You might have the avain flu virus…