The Collider, the Particle and a Theory About Fate

Someone help me understand this. It’s wild- so wild that I don’t know what it means.

As far as I can tell:

• Scientists want to use the hadron super collider in an attempt to create a higgs boson molecule (or something like that)

• Some distinguished physicists suggested that trying to create one of these molecules on earth could be very, very bad

• A few scientists (mentioned in the article) are suggesting that something (or someone?) is traveling back in time to stop the higgs boson from being created, which is why every collider ever has had operational problems (supposedly).

lol. I am into the second paragraph and already I don’t know.

I know there’s some guys on here that are really good with physics and science. I’m looking for an explanation in regular terms of what the Higgs Boson is, and why it could be so bad that people are postualating that something is going BACK IN FUCKIN TIME to stop it.

Basically, its proof as to whether or not particles hold their own matter or if there is another particle within them which holds the matter of themselves. In other words, is gravity in matter or a part of it…

It’s the future’s way of the telling the present to mind it’s own business.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
I know there’s some guys on here that are really good with physics and science. I’m looking for an explanation in regular terms of what the Higgs Boson is, and why it could be so bad that people are postualating that something is going BACK IN FUCKIN TIME to stop it. [/quote]

The back in time comment is almost a comical way for them to explain why the project hasnt gone anywhere yet. Relax, HB’s arent traveling backwards through quantum space to rid us of our LHC, lol!

this should explain everything:

honestly if you have som physics background it is pretty informative. On the higgs Boson or whatever it says:

The Higgs Boson â?? thatâ??s the one that everybody talks about.
And itâ??s the one sure thing that this machine will sort out
If the Higgs exists, they ought to see it right away
And if it doesnâ??t, then the scientists will finally say
â??There is no Higgs! We need new physics to account for why
Things have mass. Something in our Standard Model went awry.â??

But the Higgs â?? I still havenâ??t said just what it does
They suppose that particles have mass because
There is this Higgs field that extends through all space
And some particles slow down while other particles race
Straight through like the photon â?? it has no mass
But something heavy like the top quark, itâ??s dragginâ?? its ***
And the Higgs is a boson that carries a force
And makes particles take orders from the field that is its source.
Theyâ??ll detect itâ?¦.

LHCb sees where the antimatterâ??s gone
ALICE looks at collisions of lead ions
CMS and ATLAS are two of a kind
Theyâ??re looking for whatever new particles they can find."

I dont know why but I find this really funny

‘‘It is so bad that something is going back in time to prevent it from happening’’

hahahaha

[quote]milktruck wrote:
this should explain everything:

honestly if you have som physics background it is pretty informative. On the higgs Boson it says:

The Higgs Boson â?? thatâ??s the one that everybody talks about.
And itâ??s the one sure thing that this machine will sort out
If the Higgs exists, they ought to see it right away
And if it doesnâ??t, then the scientists will finally say
â??There is no Higgs! We need new physics to account for why
Things have mass. Something in our Standard Model went awry.â??

But the Higgs â?? I still havenâ??t said just what it does
They suppose that particles have mass because
There is this Higgs field that extends through all space
And some particles slow down while other particles race
Straight through like the photon â?? it has no mass
But something heavy like the top quark, itâ??s dragginâ?? its ***
And the Higgs is a boson that carries a force
And makes particles take orders from the field that is its source.
Theyâ??ll detect itâ?¦.

LHCb sees where the antimatterâ??s gone
ALICE looks at collisions of lead ions
CMS and ATLAS are two of a kind
Theyâ??re looking for whatever new particles they can find."[/quote]

LMAO! This is way too fucked up to make anyone watch after they’re ten years old…

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
I know there’s some guys on here that are really good with physics and science. I’m looking for an explanation in regular terms of what the Higgs Boson is, and why it could be so bad that people are postualating that something is going BACK IN FUCKIN TIME to stop it. [/quote]

The Higgs boson was imagined to try and explain why things have mass. There’s no particular reason anything should have mass, but since things do there has to be an explanation. The favoured explanation is that there’s a particle called the Higgs boson that sort of drags on other particles weighing them down and giving them mass.

Since it’s a completely theoretical particle they need to prove its existence to prove the theory. The assumption is that you need energies like the big bang to make one, so the LHC has been designed to do that.

The time-travel bit isn’t really explained in the article, so I don’t know why it’s come up as a suggestion. Basically it’s “allowed” in the laws of physics for particles to travel in either direction in time. If a man-made Higgs boson travelled back in time it might collide with its younger self. If this destroys both of them then it would appear to us that it never existed.

That video / rap needs some video hoes.

[quote]Mattlebee wrote:
The time-travel bit isn’t really explained in the article, so I don’t know why it’s come up as a suggestion. Basically it’s “allowed” in the laws of physics for particles to travel in either direction in time. If a man-made Higgs boson travelled back in time it might collide with its younger self. If this destroys both of them then it would appear to us that it never existed.[/quote]

Perhaps it is similar reasoning as with Wheeler-Feynman advanced and retarded electromagnetic waves.

(For expansion on that: http://74.125.113.132/search?q=cache:o1fADkVRciMJ:faculty.washington.edu/jcramer/PowerPoint/GeorgetownU_1.ppt+timelike+Cramer+transactional+quantum+FEynman&cd=6&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us )

Take about 4 years worth of college physics then take the thread up again… OR you can read 5-8 books and pretend to know what you’re talking about.

[quote]rholdnr wrote:

LMAO! This is way too fucked up to make anyone watch after they’re ten years old…[/quote]

Dude, I sometimes pull this tune up for fun. I think its catchy.

My favorite part was the credits:
Backup Dancers: Prefer Anonymity

[quote]jasmincar wrote:
I dont know why but I find this really funny

‘‘It is so bad that something is going back in time to prevent it from happening’’

hahahaha[/quote]

For a long time I thought the same thing was happening to the Red Sox.

[quote]taintedaether wrote:
Take about 4 years worth of college physics then take the thread up again… OR you can read 5-8 books and pretend to know what you’re talking about.[/quote]

Who is that directed at? Which post?

Are they trying to find the GOD particle.

Higgs boson is the particle that, theoreticaly, gives other particles mass. It’s all you need to know if you’re not familiar with particle physics. NOW, because the energies to create Higgs boson are humongous, there is some “speculation” that something bad might happen, this article speculates that a “Higgs boson” from the future is somehow responsible for not finding the particle today, because something “bad might happen”.

Let me try to give an idea of what they could possibly be onto. Let us assume for one moment that there is a multiverse where every possible scenario can and does paly out. Let us alo assume that an individual existance once created cannot be terminated. So for all extents and purposes Lets say we have a caveman who is about to get eaten by a sabertooth tiger. To all the observers of the atack, thier existance does not end if he is eaten so thier reality is that he is eaten. To the caveman who is eaten, there is a 1 in a trillion, trillions chance that an alien craft will swoop by and beam him aboard or some other such miraculous way he survives such an event. So in the cavemans reality, his future death, predicted what his future would be bacause he had to survive the event. Life cannot be extinguished, it was shot to another branch of the multiverse where the life does not end.

So perhaps a fully functioning LHC does indeed produce a planet consuming black hole which destroys the entire planet and ever human life on it. THEN the future would demand that the entire species of human, who individually cannot die, would together hit another branch of the multiverse where the black hole does not destroy the earth. The most logical way for this to happen, is for the LHC to malfunction and never produce the future black hole.

Now what is pretty cool about this is that eventually, every person who dies is going to have to have some way to continue with thier existance, so either a demensional shift at death, passing on to another plane or whatever, but perhaps, there are some realities where our species is far far far more advanced and has conquered the secrets to eterneal life or that reality was given to them from outside sources (Aliens).

This of course is just my interpretation of what they could possibly be saying.

V