The College Thread

Seems like a lot of us here are college students who don’t really have anyone dedicated to train with, so I thought I’d start a thread where people can post what school they go to and set something up via PM.

I’ll start -

I’m at IUP in Pennsylvania training for strongman. Anyone else up there?

-Dan

[quote]buffalokilla wrote:
Seems like a lot of us here are college students who don’t really have anyone dedicated to train with, so I thought I’d start a thread where people can post what school they go to and set something up via PM.

I’ll start -

-Dan[/quote]

Damn you. Why couldn’t you have thought of this when I was still in college?! Good-idea though. I will, however, be at U of M for law school come this fall. Don’t know if any of my friends will be lifters. So, if anyone’s in that area, maybe we can figure something out.

Unviv. of Maryland

[quote]buffalokilla wrote:

I’ll start -

-Dan[/quote]

a few of my friends went to IUP…im originally from youngwood/greensburg area
…graduated from U of Cincinnati over 3 years ago…:0.

I’m starting my second year at Boise State University in the fall.

buffalo,

are you not a fan of the CU folk or is there another reason for that screen name?

Maybe it’s that storied IUP(whatever that is)-Colorado rivalry. Or that heated Colorado-Missouri rivalry. Man, what a grudge match.

[quote]CU AeroStallion wrote:
buffalo,

are you not a fan of the CU folk or is there another reason for that screen name?[/quote]

Haha, didn’t notice that before now.

Nope, it’s in honor of the Cheers line of logic when it comes to getting smarter.

As we all know, a herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest member of the herd. Predators will usually target the slowest moving members of the herd, killing them off, enabling the rest of the herd to move faster. As Cliffy sees it, the brain works in much the same way. Now, what do we know of that can kill brain cells…

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do;?id=704654

Oh, Pretzel - IUP is the Indiana University of Pennsylvania. We won the Division II championships last year in football; I think we’re bumping up to Division I to get our asses kicked this year. Something about funding.

-Dan

I go to Wayne State University in D-town.

I go to DePauw Univ, in Indiana (Not DePaul). Training for the USMC 8k and the Houston Half marathon. I want to complete the Ironman triathalon before I turn 30.

I attend San Diego State University - Imperial Valley Campus

I’m at Kansas State University, in the middle of nowhere (Manhattan, Kansas). Great people though.

I’m training for powerlifting and shaming all the neanderthals into squatting. Oh yeah, and occasional strongman training on the side.

And I’m proud to say that the only other 3 T-Nation men in the city(2 true and 1 honorary) were all converted by myself to the true path. :slight_smile:

If anyone drives through, stop by and train with me.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
I’m at Kansas State University, in the middle of nowhere (Manhattan, Kansas). Great people though.

I’m training for powerlifting and shaming all the neanderthals into squatting. Oh yeah, and occasional strongman training on the side.

And I’m proud to say that the only other 3 T-Nation men in the city(2 true and 1 honorary) were all converted by myself to the true path. :slight_smile:

If anyone drives through, stop by and train with me.[/quote]

HA!! The little Apple Manhattan Kansas HUH! How are all the cows and schtuff. LOL. Man do I miss the inexpensive beef and such in Kansas. Count your blessings.

Just saw your post and wanted top say hello. I was Born and raised in Topeka. Currently relocated to DC at American University for Grad School. Thank GOD only one more semester.

There are quite a few people in the Topeka Lawrence and KC area from the forum I have seen post. Also KC has several large strong man groups.

If I make it back there anytime soon I’ll look you Up.

GO WILDCATS!!! LOL Love my Football eh’

Ltr,
Phill

Oh also if you are into Hardcore you ought to try and check out my Bros band sometime. they play all over the area.

Iron Guts Kelly

Sorry for the hijack

Oh, Pretzel - IUP is the Indiana University of Pennsylvania. We won the Division II championships last year in football; I think we’re bumping up to Division I to get our asses kicked this year. Something about funding.

You played at Valdosta? I used to coach in that conference. I saw Missouri under your name

I’m at UCI in California and lift for strength and to look good and be healthy. And I just want to say before it inevitably happens, can we please keep this thread on topic and not turn it into a college football thread.

Iowa State University at Ames here, never to be confused with University of Iowa in Iowa City.

UC Davis. Looking to get stronger, leaner, and meaner. I want to compete in a powerlifting competition in the spring… not sure which one.

University Of Delaware
looking to get into strong man just got a wieght vest (75lb) and am trying to find a tire have some heavy stones I have to pick up from a buddy and some kegs(leftovers from a few parties, farmers walks are getting welded now by a buddy.

[quote]cymblmn2006 wrote:
I go to DePauw Univ, in Indiana (Not DePaul). Training for the USMC 8k and the Houston Half marathon. I want to complete the Ironman triathalon before I turn 30.[/quote]

Let me know when you decide to start training for the Ironman.

I’ll be @ Lake Placid 2006 and Florida 2006. Florida’s registration isn’t until November 14th so you still have time to take the plunge :-).