The Clock Looked Like a Bomb!

A homemade clock is really not that far off from a bomb without the explosive material present.

[quote]NorCal916 wrote:
Look, don’t you think this doesn’t add up? It wasn’t like it was “build your own electronic device” in science class.[/quote]

Every article that I read stated that he showed it to his engineering teacher. It can be fairly surmised from this point that he didn’t intend to hide it,and that he brought it with the purpose of showing it to his engineering teacher. The engineering teacher could have gone to the administration at any point in time.

[quote]NorCal916 wrote:
We do realize things like this blow shit up, right? Common sense is… Why the fuck would anyone think it’s ok to bring something like that to school??? Liberals have zero tolerance for guns. They can’t have it both ways.[/quote]

I think you’d have a point if he made an home-made explosive and showed it to his chemistry teacher.

But a clock cannot “blow shit up”.

[quote]FlatsFarmer wrote:
Schools developed the Zero Tolerance Policy to remove individual judgement calls from administrators to prevent “mistakes.”

But because of the Zero Tolerance policy, every little thing is now an huge “incident.”

Obviously shaping your pop tarts, school yard fights, and bringing a gun to school all need to be treated differently.

The more idiots in the educational system, the more rules you need. More rules leads to more broken rules. How do we fix this? [/quote]

Stop putting idiots in charge. Stop being afraid to offend people to ensure political correctness.

[quote]magick wrote:

[quote]NorCal916 wrote:
Look, don’t you think this doesn’t add up? It wasn’t like it was “build your own electronic device” in science class.[/quote]

Every article that I read stated that he showed it to his engineering teacher. It can be fairly surmised from this point that he didn’t intend to hide it,and that he brought it with the purpose of showing it to his engineering teacher. The engineering teacher could have gone to the administration at any point in time.

[quote]NorCal916 wrote:
We do realize things like this blow shit up, right? Common sense is… Why the fuck would anyone think it’s ok to bring something like that to school??? Liberals have zero tolerance for guns. They can’t have it both ways.[/quote]

I think you’d have a point if he made an home-made explosive and showed it to his chemistry teacher.

But a clock cannot “blow shit up”.[/quote]

Unless the entire school knew there was some kind of science day going on, it would be perfectly normal for any random kid or teacher to freak the fuck out after seeing that clock.

it all comes down to intent , I side so far with it was the correct thing to do , arrest him. I do know there is a HUGE Anti Muslim movement though

Was it a clock? Or was it, as some articles say, a “count down timer”?

And check this out:

A kid gets suspended for bringing a miniature GI Joe gun to school, yet it’s supposed to be ok to bring a possible unarmed explosive?

I’d like to see that kid bring his count down clock on an airplane, or better yet The White House and see what would happen.

What precedent are we setting here: zero tolerance does not apply to everyone?

[quote]NorCal916 wrote:
Look, don’t you think this doesn’t add up? It wasn’t like it was “build your own electronic device” in science class.

With the family connection to CAIR, does that raise an eyebrow?

I think the kid was used to be provocative. The school did nothing wrong. Nothing.

We do realize things like this blow shit up, right? Common sense is… Why the fuck would anyone think it’s ok to bring something like that to school??? Liberals have zero tolerance for guns. They can’t have it both ways. [/quote]

The school did nothing wrong?!?!?! Please tell me you are trolling.

If not- explain to me why these genius administrators didn’t evacuate the school and call the bomb squad. Who was being provocative the kid or the idiot administrators?

jnd

If they thought it was a bomb why didn’t they evacuate the school or try to get rid of it? If you thought a kid had brought a bomb to school would you calmly take him to the principal’s office while you called the cops?

[quote]jnd wrote:

[quote]NorCal916 wrote:
Look, don’t you think this doesn’t add up? It wasn’t like it was “build your own electronic device” in science class.

I think the kid was used to be provocative. The school did nothing wrong. Nothing.

We do realize things like this blow shit up, right? Common sense is… Why the fuck would anyone think it’s ok to bring something like that to school??? Liberals have zero tolerance for guns. They can’t have it both ways. [/quote]

The school did nothing wrong?!?!?! Please tell me you are trolling.

If not- explain to me why these genius administrators didn’t evacuate the school and call the bomb squad. Who was being provocative the kid or the idiot administrators?

jnd

[/quote]

Possibly the teacher could see it lacked fuel for an explosive devise , but if there were intent to frighten others

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

Unless the entire school knew there was some kind of science day going on, it would be perfectly normal for any random kid or teacher to freak the fuck out after seeing that clock.
[/quote]

I agree. That’s why I wrote earlier in this thread that I don’t actually have a problem with the way the school and the police reacted to this, besides the police hand-cuffing him and leading him away publicly. That seems excessive to me.

[quote]Gkhan wrote:
Was it a clock? Or was it, as some articles say, a “count down timer”? [/quote]

Can you link an article that says it’s a count-down timer?

Plus, this seems to be a bit of a moot point. A clock is a timer.

[quote]Gkhan wrote:
And check this out:

A kid gets suspended for bringing a miniature GI Joe gun to school, yet it’s supposed to be ok to bring a possible unarmed explosive?[/quote]

By this line of reasoning anyone who brings a phone to their school is bringing a possible unarmed explosive.

Edit- Or lets get even simpler. Anyone who brings a simple analog clock to their school is bringing a possible unarmed device. And anyone with a basic understanding of mechanical engineering can turn an analog clock into a part of a bomb.

if intent is for device lot easier go to store buy clock more reliable
almost all books i had if intent to learn electronics you do projects cyrstal radio anyone
without intent you have nothing
someone who knows their shit see’s you in a walmart buying various items and relizes what can be done with some of the items should you be arrested just in case there is intent

Back around 1995 or so, me and someone else for work were flying up to Boston for the day to see a power supply vendor. We were working on a phone system and we brought one of our units with us, in a briefcase.

If anything in the world LOOKED like a bomb, this was it. Airport security wasn’t what it was now by a mile… a cursory glance in the briefcase at the terminal and we were on our way.

[quote]magick wrote:

Edit- Or lets get even simpler. Anyone who brings a simple analog clock to their school is bringing a possible unarmed device. And anyone with a basic understanding of mechanical engineering can turn an analog clock into a part of a bomb.[/quote]

So you should be allowed to bring a firearm to school as long as it is unloaded & has no firing pin? Why was the kid with the GI Joe gun suspended? No one is concerned with his rights.

What precedent are we setting here: zero tolerance does not apply to everyone?

fox news has a segment called the trouble with schools they profile all these stories of zero Tolerance stupidity
todd starnes also carries stories like this
in our {modern} society the white ,chirstian,conservative portion generaly does not get heard anymore

[quote]cavemansam wrote:
in our {modern} society the white ,chirstian,conservative portion generaly does not get heard anymore
[/quote]

Yes. I think I said something similar in the political correct thread.

What’s your opinion, will this incident with the clock make the political correct zero tolerance policy worse, or will it bring about change for the better?

C’mon.

Ok, imagine a white kid bringing a home-made metal detector that looks oh… Like an AR-15. Hey, and it’s apparently functional when you insert the battery, which looks exactly like a magazine.

Oh wait…,that’s totally different. That a GUN. They kill people. Devices in suitcases that tick with wires and shit are harmless.

Nothing to see. Carry on.

[quote]NorCal916 wrote:

No this is where you are wrong, it was build your own thing for science, the kids were to build their own clocks or whatever and bring them in to be looked at and judged. it was his science project.

Some of the disingenuous arguments from r/Islam are embarrassing.

Devices in suitcases that tick with wires and shit are harmless.

electronic clocks only tick if you want it to
if you want to scare shit out of people make it look like a bomb
you you want to harm people dont make it look like a bomb
or check out what people do with super soaker water guns
i still say without intent you have nothing