The Clock Looked Like a Bomb!

Anyone pissed off by the false outrage from the left and Muslim community about this clock incident? The thing had no face and to the untrained eye looked like you imagine a bomb would look.

He explained to the first few teachers what it was but then in his English class, his english teacher expressed concern and asked him what it was, for some reason, whether social awkwardness or anger he refused to explain what it was. This resulted in her taking precautions and alerting the administration.

Now this kid is owed an apology, just like when cops pull you over and you comply, they say sorry for the inconvenice and make sure you don’t feel like you were harassed, general good person attitude most cops have. I don’t think the school did anything wrong but the kid was innocent and a simple sorry, but we had to be sure in my eyes makes all this ok.

I loved Bill Maher’s point, that the left and Muslim community are more outraged at this, than the crucifixion and beheading of a 17 year old to be scheduled soon. Not much outrage over that in comparison, which is monumentally more fucked up.

Obama invited him to the White House.

I doubt the kid who got suspended for making a gun out of a Pop-Tart did.

[quote]NorCal916 wrote:

I doubt the kid who got suspended for making a gun out of a Pop-Tart did. [/quote]

I don’t have any problem with him being invited to the white house, it is great to see the kind response to the kid. I am simply irritated by this super PC overreaction, which is not spontaneous but is whipped up by an agenda.

It is nice to see some on the left like Maher still have not caved in to the guilty left.

[quote]DBADNB1 wrote:

[quote]NorCal916 wrote:

I doubt the kid who got suspended for making a gun out of a Pop-Tart did. [/quote]

I don’t have any problem with him being invited to the white house, it is great to see the kind response to the kid. I am simply irritated by this super PC overreaction, which is not spontaneous but is whipped up by an agenda.

It is nice to see some on the left like Maher still have not caved in to the guilty left.[/quote]

I’m not buying the sweet, innocent little science nerd. He did this to be provocative. He refused to talk to school officials. Then refused to explain it to the police.

Fuck him.

[quote]NorCal916 wrote:

[quote]DBADNB1 wrote:

[quote]NorCal916 wrote:

It is nice to see some on the left like Maher still have not caved in to the guilty left.[/quote]

I’m not buying the sweet, innocent little science nerd. He did this to be provocative. He refused to talk to school officials. Then refused to explain it to the police.

Fuck him.
[/quote]

Jesus man, thinking the school was justified was one thing, but hating on this kid who by all accounts, was a nice kid and a great student seems kind of messed up.

Apparently all his teachers were very encouraging about the clock and had no problems, it seems it was his last class, the english teacher had a problem and he didn’t explain himself, likely due to social awkwardness. I think you are taking a leap of faith in assuming this kid meant to be provocative.

[quote]NorCal916 wrote:

Fuck him.
[/quote]

Based on all the articles I read, he explained that it’s a home-made clock to everyone he talked to.

If it really is a home-made clock, I’m not entirely sure what else he can do to explain it.

[quote]magick wrote:

[quote]NorCal916 wrote:

Fuck him.
[/quote]

Based on all the articles I read, he explained that it’s a home-made clock to everyone he talked to.

If it really is a home-made clock, I’m not entirely sure what else he can do to explain it.[/quote]

He explained it to the teachers in his other classes. In his last class, english, his teacher asked him and told him she was concerned and he wouldn’t explain it so she contacted the administration.

I think the people claiming this kid was intentionally provocative or causing trouble are way off. I think he was just socially awkward or felt some resentment at being questioned. I do however think the logical thing for the english teacher to do, after asking him and not getting any explanation was to alert the school administration.

[quote]magick wrote:

[quote]NorCal916 wrote:

Fuck him.
[/quote]

If it really is a home-made clock, I’m not entirely sure what else he can do to explain it.[/quote]

Bingo. Also, if i got wrongly arrested and accused of attempting to make a bomb, you can be FUCKING SURE I’m not saying shit to the police or anybody that wanted to arrest me. Because I’d be furious.

[quote]DBADNB1 wrote:
He explained it to the teachers in his other classes. In his last class, english, his teacher asked him and told him she was concerned and he wouldn’t explain it so she contacted the administration.

I think the people claiming this kid was intentionally provocative or causing trouble are way off. I think he was just socially awkward or felt some resentment at being questioned. I do however think the logical thing for the english teacher to do, after asking him and not getting any explanation was to alert the school administration.
[/quote]

I don’t actually blame the administration or the police for doing much of anything they did, besides hand-cuffing him and leading him away publicly.

I do think the teacher wouldn’t have alerted the administration and the police wouldn’t have been brought in if he was white.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:

[quote]magick wrote:

[quote]NorCal916 wrote:

Fuck him.
[/quote]

Bingo. Also, if i got wrongly arrested and accused of attempting to make a bomb, you can be FUCKING SURE I’m not saying shit to the police or anybody that wanted to arrest me. Because I’d be furious.[/quote]

I agree he had a right to be angry, he was innocent, but do you agree the teacher was right to, when not getting answers, report it to the administration?

in our modern situation i would rather be safe than sorry
however i dont agree in how this was handled at all
incidents like this can damage ,destroy a kids life ,one wrong word one overzealous law enforcement official , innocence project anyone
how hard would it have been to have an officer who has been trained in these devices to arrive check it call it a clock call the parents deal with the situation in school

i think most, all mass incidents in u.s. schools are done by ;loser; white guys dont think this kid fit the profile

[quote]cavemansam wrote:
i think most, all mass incidents in u.s. schools are done by ;loser; white guys dont think this kid fit the profile[/quote]

Which is why it is reasonable to be more suspicious of white loner types in schools if they have anything suspicious on them. Just as if we are being realistic a muslim kid with a suspicious briefcase with wires and no clock face in it would would be treated with suspicion.

This notion that some sort of contextual profiling based on race or religion or any other subset is wrong, despite it being based in the reality of life, is puzzling to me.

The point that the kid probably wouldn’t have been treated with the same level of suspicion if he was white is true, but that is based on the real world fact that the majority of people blowing themselves and others up in 2015 are muslims, often young males.

No one seems to kick up a fuss when a white kid with a slipknot tshirt is profiles at school, yet profiling other groups or simply having healthy diligence to potential threats from other groups is deemed as racist. If this kid had simply explained to his english teacher what it was, this would of been settled without the whole fiasco.

Seems rather appropriate, where was the outrage over this?

[quote]DBADNB1 wrote:
Seems rather appropriate, where was the outrage over this?[/quote]

to be fair, all pet dinosaurs need to be protected … they’re a beautiful but endangered species

The teacher was right, arresting him was too much, but the kid was being evasive and not telling the truth from what Maher was getting at.

Look back at all the times politicians complained about not doing anything when the red flags were there, you can’t all of a sudden cry when you do take action.

From the clip of Bill Maher, Jorge Ramos could be the worst example of journalistic representation in the history of news. Ever.

[quote]NorCal916 wrote:

Fuck him.
[/quote]

You are spot on!

Schools developed the Zero Tolerance Policy to remove individual judgement calls from administrators to prevent “mistakes.”

But because of the Zero Tolerance policy, every little thing is now an huge “incident.”

Obviously shaping your pop tarts, school yard fights, and bringing a gun to school all need to be treated differently.

The more idiots in the educational system, the more rules you need. More rules leads to more broken rules. How do we fix this?

Look, don’t you think this doesn’t add up? It wasn’t like it was “build your own electronic device” in science class.

With the family connection to CAIR, does that raise an eyebrow?

I think the kid was used to be provocative. The school did nothing wrong. Nothing.

We do realize things like this blow shit up, right? Common sense is… Why the fuck would anyone think it’s ok to bring something like that to school??? Liberals have zero tolerance for guns. They can’t have it both ways.

[quote]NorCal916 wrote:

Well if it was a functioning gun maybe but a pop-tart shaped like a gun isn’t really comparable to a functioning homemade clock.