The City of Bell, California

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-07-27/california-mayor-under-probe-apologizes-for-city-s-indefensible-salaries.html

A California town has reached the boiling point, with a mayor and city council who are now threatening to disband the local police dept in an attempt at retaliation to the pressure for their resignation. The town of approximately 37,000 has now surrounded the courthouse and city hall with hundreds of protestors. There is a mob of people, ready to carry them out nude, if they do not resign immediately.

This gives me a sign of hope, that when people get pushed and fucked with to a point, they rise up and say fuck you right back. This is how it’s done. They went to these politicians homes, letting them know we won’t put up with this shit.

If they liquidate the local police dept tonight, there will be a revolt that will make the Laker riot look like a Christmas sing along.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-07-27/california-mayor-under-probe-apologizes-for-city-s-indefensible-salaries.html

A California town has reached the boiling point, with a mayor and city council who are now threatening to disband the local police dept in an attempt at retaliation to the pressure for their resignation. The town of approximately 37,000 has now surrounded the courthouse and city hall with hundreds of protestors. There is a mob of people, ready to carry them out nude, if they do not resign immediately.

This gives me a sign of hope, that when people get pushed and fucked with to a point, they rise up and say fuck you right back. This is how it’s done. They went to these politicians homes, letting them know we won’t put up with this shit.

If they liquidate the local police dept tonight, there will be a revolt that will make the Laker riot look like a Christmas sing along. [/quote]

1. So… rioting in poor mexican parts of california is a good thing?

2. If successful, and the local city council gives up a lot of their pay, this counts as a win for the democratic gubernatorial candidate. Are you okay with that?

1. Do you really care if there are riots in poor Mexican parts of California?

2. Jerry “Moonbeam” Brown is one of the biggest clusterfucks this state has ever seen, him acting appropriately as Atty General will not win him the gubernatorial election. We are fucked either way, because Jerry Brown is a useless boob, and Meg Whitman has already flip flopped on some issues, which is a red flag like a mother fucker.

I think that rioting and mob violence is usually a bad thing, whether done in celebration of a Lakers game or due to the odious salaries of public servants. Just checking to see if you agreed with me or if you made an exception for the latter.

Sorry your gubernatorial race holds such little hope. On the bright side, you guys might get legal pot. I suppose its a trade off.

Does it scare anyone else that they threatened to disband the police department?

[quote]CappedAndPlanIt wrote:
Does it scare anyone else that they threatened to disband the police department?[/quote]

My search for ‘Guy Fawkes .gif’ came up neg after ten minutes of searching, so use your imagination, and, if necessary, the tea-party 4chan thread for reference.

[quote]Otep wrote:

1. So… rioting in poor mexican parts of california is a good thing?

2. If successful, and the local city council gives up a lot of their pay, this counts as a win for the democratic gubernatorial candidate. Are you okay with that?[/quote]

3. It depends. Riots can also be effective. It depends if this is a “Random looting” riot or a “Fuck up council chambers” style riot.

If the mayor doesn’t resign/call another election then I think a riot in the latter style is called for.

1. It also counts as a win for the people. You aren’t a conservative if you don’t care about the community (rather you are a libertarian).

He is not kidding about the disbanding of the police dept, the state atty general said the sheriff dept will take over until an alternative is found, there will not be a city with lawlessness.

Personally, I want to see a shitstorm happen, I mean a full blown melee. I want other politicians to see what can jump off when they act like fools. I want that message to be sent loud and clear.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
He is not kidding about the disbanding of the police dept, the state atty general said the sheriff dept will take over until an alternative is found, there will not be a city with lawlessness.

Personally, I want to see a shitstorm happen, I mean a full blown melee. I want other politicians to see what can jump off when they act like fools. I want that message to be sent loud and clear. [/quote]

Maybe they could get put in jail for extortion. In my book, this meets all the requirements:

“the crime of obtaining money or some other thing of value by the abuse of one’s office or authority.”

I think that riots against corrupt politicians is a very good thing.

Look, it has reached a boiling point across the nation. Politicians at the local, state, and especially the federal level see themselves as the “elite” and aristocracy. We the people need to let them know that they serve us and not the other way around.

I remember a line by Gerald Celente: “When people lose everything and they have nothing left to lose, they lose it, and they are going to lose it against the Red Carpet Crowd”.

We are looking at a repeat of the French Revolution in the coming years. These politicians are completely and utterly out of touch with the common person. They have a Marie Antoinette attitude. Well, things are going to change. For better of for worse. It is coming.

This must be brought to attention, a mayor had his door broken down for his arrest LOL…