The Chicken Sandwich Wars

The taste of the pickles lingers like the ketchup on the egg sandy - you can remove them, but

And yes, choosing the S&M version was on purpose. That album rocks like any chicken sandwich that isn’t from Chick Fil-A.

1 Like

I actually eat the grilled cool wrap and dip it in spicy buffalo sauce.

I put ketchup on my eggs. I also season them with Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Ranch. I like spicy ketchup combinations. Also, my eggs are actually two eggs and 3/4 cup of egg whites. I don’t feel bad about adding ketchup.

I think every franchise is different. Chick-fil-A had extra chicken sandwiches from some corporate thing and brought them to our station. They even left the warming bags. There were about 50 regular and 50 spicy chicken sandwiches. No one else has done that for us. I imagine Popeye’s and Church’s would treat my food like Farva’s.

Guys.

I just cooked hot Italian sausages, which go on a bun with mustard, and walked into the room to find my wife PUTTING KETCHUP ON THE SAUSAGE AND BUN.

Threw the bun out, wrapped the sausage up for her lunch tomorrow, got another bun and sausage. She was offended til I showed her my post from an hour ago and we had a good laugh about it.

To be fair, my reaction was “NO WHAT THE FUCK” when it could have been “I don’t like ketchup on my sausages honey”

1 Like

All this talk has made me crave that sandwich again. Fuck, maybe it is really that good.

I feel this way about ketchup on a burger! Complete and utter ruination of a hamburger.
Only thing worse is sweet relish.

Never feel bad about your love for the motherland.

Is the norm not mustard for hot dogs and ketchup for hamburgers? My dad was borderline homicidal about that issue. Personally I like a well seasoned medium rare patty with a small amount of mayo, but I can stand ketchup if the mood is right.

You know why. I’m still attached to being lean. Egg whites add volume, protein, and very few calories.

Egg yolks add pretty much everything that’s good in the egg, including more protein. Of all things that would decide how lean you are, I doubt it’d be some extra yolks, but I’ve eaten plenty an egg white in my day and obviously it’s not going to hurt you to do it. They are super low calorie for sure.

1 Like

My son eats this abomination. With pickles. Makes me want to hurl lol

I tell you, pide bread, slathered with butter and toasted with fried eggs, bacon and cheese then topped off with ketchup. I would knock Jennifer Lawrence off my dick to get one of those.

2 Likes

Your post may as well have read, “now take organic, grass-fed tenderloin, and cook it in olive oil and butter, turning every two minutes and repeatedly basting it in the juices in the pan, until it reaches a temperature of 5 degrees under your desired temperature, and then immediately remove it from the heat and let it sit for 5 minutes as it continues to cook and reach the desired temperature. Just before serving, spread your ass cheeks and spray chunky diarrhea all over the steaks.”

3 Likes

You should feel bad. This is no excuse. If I’m forced to eat egg whites I at least do not exacerbate the nasty by adding ketchup, which belongs ONLY on burgers and fries*.

*To include tater tots but not home fries. Home fries, like eggs, are breakfast foods and hence not to be ketchup’d under any circumstances.

Oh, and onion rings. Onion rings with a lot of salt can have some ketchup.

1 Like

For some reason I like the taste of spicy ketchup so I usually add sriracha if the food isn’t spicy already.

All this hype over Popeyes/Chick Fil A when we all know Bojangles chicken sandwiches are, hand down, the best.

There isn’t a Bojangles anywhere remotely close to me

addressing all the things:

Chick Fil A is great. I eat there 3ish times a week. I rotate between a handful of their menu items, including nuggets, sandwich (spicy and not), and tenders. Also their breakfast is great. They have great shakes too. Their seasonal ones, like the peppermint in the winter, and the peach in the summer, are the best. I love the waffle fries as well. The best thing they do, though, is run a drive through like no other chain. When it’s busy, they add staff around the building to take your order earlier, sometimes you even pay before the window. It’s incredibly efficient service, by far the best in the industry as a whole.

I’ve never had a popeyes chicken sandwich. Will try this week.

I only eat ‘homemade’ ketchup. And even that is rarely. Same with mustard. I haven’t eaten condiment in their traditional ‘red and yellow heinz’ forms since I was maybe 5.

Another thing I haven’t eaten, ever, is a hamburger from mcdonalds, burger king, wendys, or in and out. not even as a child. I used to order broccoli cheese soup and fries from my local mcdonalds as a kid.

I have no idea what a Bojangles is.

Oh, and I dislike pickles on anything. Fortunately, you can order your sandwich without them at chick fil a. And they don’t just remove the pickles, you would indeed be able to tell if they did.

1 Like

It’s a south eastern US thing. They might be as far north as Virginia, but I’m not sure. They use spicy butter biscuits, amazeballs.

1 Like

maybe it’ll make its way to Texas then.

Maybe, but they’ve been around for a long time. I would get them when driving up I-95 from South Carolina to Maryland in the mid-2000s.

They’re further north than I thought: