The Cheater Deadlift PR Thread (Sumo)

I will get the ball rolling with 470x1, last heavy deadlift before my meet.

Interesting idea for a thread. Sumo is by no means cheating though, even for joke purposes. To be honest I feel that, if anything, sumo is a more athletic lift and a better judge of “general” strength. Conventional deadlifting with long arms and legs, however…

Solid lift. Good luck at the meet.

By the way, try to keep tighter and more controlled during the set-up and throughout the lift. You look a bit loose and off balance.

[quote]halcj wrote:
Interesting idea for a thread. Sumo is by no means cheating though, even for joke purposes. To be honest I feel that, if anything, sumo is a more athletic lift and a better judge of “general” strength. Conventional deadlifting with long arms and legs, however…

Solid lift. Good luck at the meet.[/quote]

The world of strongman disagrees, haha.

EDIT: I don’t want to have posted in this thread without a contribution. I’m not a sumo puller, but this was my absolute favorite sumo training video

That guy is a beast !!! Thanks halcj, I will work on it. Lol T3hPwnisher strongman are the funniest, I train with strongmen mostly . They are awesome people to train with.

Heres a video of me hitting 210kg immediately after hitting a new PR of 200kg. I was on fire this day.

Damn ! Great speed of the floor with a stiff bar !