The Cheat Meal!

For those whome are on hardcore diet and trying to loose weight hard, I mean for real, can you choose the cheat meal u wan’t. I just can’t make my mind. I just wan’ to eat every thing on the cheat meal, but how is it suppose to be, should one eat as much as he can on that meal and add sweets after it? or should sweets not get part of that cheat meal ?

Is it ok to have as much as u wan’t on that meal and doesen’t it screw all your hard work and make u gain loads of calories that u just have to go back and make some extra work to burn them !!!

How much weight do you have to lose?

about 4 klg’s left

My weekly cheat meal is usually a pizza and a few beers(A large sausage, mushroom, and onion, and I eat most of it). And it totally fucks me up. For the last month, I have been 100% spot on with my diet, with the exception of my Friday night cheat meal. I’ve pretty much made no progress, so it has to go. Although, I am trying to hit some pretty low body fat numbers for me. Your genes probably don’t suck as bad as mine.

This post is really poorly written…

Anyways, what you’re asking is, how far can you go in your cheat meal.

This depends on a number of things, including the diet you’re currently on and how lean you are. Usually, when talking cheat meals, we’re talking high carb + high fat food, so we’ll assume that.

If you’re lean, then you’re less likely to put on fat from the sudden jump in calories/carbs. If you’re already in a low carb state, same deal since a lot of those carbs will go to fill your (currently depleted) glycogen stores.

It’s hard to screw up a week’s worth of work with one meal since if you go straight back onto the diet, you’re still likely under maintenance calories. Obviously, you can undo some of it.

So general rule that you should always follow is to never eat to the point of discomfort. Eat whatever since it’s your cheat, but eat until you’re comfortably full and stop. That applies whether it’s a cheat day or a cheat meal.

Easy right?

My cheat meal usually consists of dieting like every other day, but some candy around a meal time.

It is difficult to undo a weeks worth of dieting with one cheat meal, but the goal of the cheat meal is not to eat as much as humanly possible, just eat until you are full of some food that you really want to eat. Figure at most that puts you at 1000 kcals over normal dieting. If you are in a depleted state, then a good amount of glycogen will be replenished through the good healthy dose of carbs you consume, meaning minimal fat gain. If you go all out and gorge for two hours straight and pack in 3000 kcals, then yes, it will undo your progress.

Keep it under control, do not gorge, enjoy the meal, and stop eating when you are full.

I know I’m certainly not being as strict as I could be (I’ll tighten things up in a few weeks), but every saturday I pretty much eat whatever I want (after keeping under 50g carbs each day of the week). I make sure I get in pizza and pancakes. Knowing that Saturday breakfast will always have pancakes makes getting through the week a lot easier (especially when I’m dragging my depleted ass through a leg workout on friday night).

S

hmm i haven’t had a cheat since pretty much last year =/

I mean, i over did new years day with alot of Sashimi (raw fish)… but does that really counnnt… Hmm…

Keto-Diet is crazy effective. I really don’t feel like eating cheat foods. Just alot of meat. and eggs. haha

[quote]tayjeremy wrote:
hmm i haven’t had a cheat since pretty much last year =/

I mean, i over did new years day with alot of Sashimi (raw fish)… but does that really counnnt… Hmm…

Keto-Diet is crazy effective. I really don’t feel like eating cheat foods. Just alot of meat. and eggs. haha[/quote]

That’s nearly 5 months.

Shame.

I eat 2 cheat meals per week - whatever I want and to the point of being full. I eat clean (more than 90% of the time) but I’ll be damned if I just have to have pizza or chinese food every once in a while.

So far it seems to be working well. I’ve lost about 15 pounds and 5% body fat in the last 2 months. I’ll worry about cutting out my guilty pleasures if/when I stall.

start taking you morning (1st thing) body temp and heart rate.

do this for a month with a consistent cheat meal, nutrition and workout plan.

Then drop the cheat meal and measure for a month.

if you start to see your temp / heart rate go down, then likely you need a little cal/carb spike at the weekend to keep your metabolism happy, and thats what keeps the fat loss going.

[quote]Wimpy wrote:
I eat 2 cheat meals per week - whatever I want and to the point of being full. I eat clean (more than 90% of the time) but I’ll be damned if I just have to have pizza or chinese food every once in a while.

So far it seems to be working well. I’ve lost about 15 pounds and 5% body fat in the last 2 months. I’ll worry about cutting out my guilty pleasures if/when I stall. [/quote]

This always scares the life out of me too.