The Catholic Thread

That’s because the Irish monks were waaaay holier than those continentals. It’s science.

1 Like

That link is cute and all, distinguishing between interpretations of “worship”. But it glosses over that Catholics pray directly to saints (Hail Mary) and graven images of saints.

Example:

Thanks legalsteel for engaging a bit. I know you’re not even catholic.

I thought I’d give them their best shot, I ain’t here to defend eclessia, I’m here to shitpost and read lifting articles.

1 Like

That’s not much different than most religions due to us not knowing what happens after death. That is very different than believing saying some words over a piece of food changes it into flesh of a man who has been dead for 2000 years.

You again ignored the second question. Does this power change matter only work for priests? And can the priests use this power to change other things?

I’m not asking what the Catholic Church says, I’m seeing what you actually believe.

1 Like

My Anova has completely changed my cooking abilities. It’s so easy.

1 Like

The above was meant for that question.

I believe what the Church teaches. Bread and wine become body and blood. Sorry, thought I was clear on that.

Indeed. I just got back from Vegas. Ate at The Capitol Grille, a fine steakhouse. You?

1 Like

I was responding to the 900+ page link you presented, aint nobody got time for that.

I guess I’m slightly miffed by just deferring to the church when they say something as silly as turning a wafer into the body of a dead person, and being so casual about cannibalism.

1 Like

Love this shit at Costco. The Kirkland brand is sold in packs of 16 chicken breasts, each segmented into 2 breast packs. These can be cut between and frozen/thawed 1 at a time.

I save easily $3-4 per pound. But side note. If you buy a whole point of meat (extra savings) I would recommend that. When Costco parts out packs of steaks they blade tenderize them, and it’s not a good idea to cook blade tenderized meat rare the way I like it

Massive savings, but usually they’re in 2 packs. So you’ll either need to be cooking for a tribe or have a vac sealer for the leftovers

I don’t buy these from Costco, but they sell 2 pack pork shoulders for hella cheap.

These are sold in very large quantities (like 20-30 chops per pack) have vac sealer on hand.

I’d say most beef I save 3-4 per pound, chicken maybe 60 cents to a dollar (but I mostly buy the chicken for how easy and painfree it is to buy in bulk).

Minimum of choice, but they also sell prime meat. I personally can’t go back to Kroger meat from Costco. I’m definitely a Costco fanboy

Check out the YT channel ‘sous vide everything’ if you like to see experiments and tinkering

We went to delmonicos. Mrs Pfury got the piedmontese (sp?) Which is essentially a super lean cow. Intense beefy flavor. I wouldn’t pay the price for it, but she wasnt really into the dry age

1 Like

Sorry about that. Just thought I’d share a link, for anyone really, if they wanted to see what we believe from the horse’s own mouth, so to speak.

Got one already

Noice … thanks for the write up bud

1 Like

My favorite sneaky Costco purchase is Kirkland brand 5 hour energies. They average out to like 35 cents a piece compared to 3.99 at the gas station

1 Like

the body of Christ always tasted nasty, but I felt pretty badass as a 13 year old taking a sip of wine. Also, about the priests being pedophiles thing, that’s fucked up. I still consider myself to be a Catholic b/c I was confirmed in the Catholic church, although if given the option, I would choose to attend a non-denominational service. Those are always fun (relative to just about any other religious service ever created).

Back to the priests being rapey thing: I believe it happens simply because telling a man to be abstinent for his entire life kinda goes against biology. I know that true “men of God” believe that we were put here to serve Him, while others think that our sole purpose as organisms on this planet is to reproduce as often as possible.

There’s no denying biology or evolution; that’s just common sense. But since I believe in God, I also believe that there’s no denying the fact that we’re here to serve God in some way. I don’t think that lifelong abstinence is a healthy option for anybody, regardless of how strong their faith is. And, like many things that the Church does/upholds/enforces/etc (specifically the Catholic church), I believe that abstinence is outdated and causes more problems that benefits.

So now, a little Catholic rant, but like…Catholic priests aren’t even allowed to get married, which has never made sense to me. One of the first things I was taught in my religious education class was that we need to do as many sacraments as possible–which they hurried me through by the time I was 13, because 13 year olds know what they want to commit to for the rest of their lives–Baptism, Eucharuist, Reconciliation, Confirmation, Marriage, Anointing of the Sick, and Holy Orders. So why on earth would God let a priest become a priest, but not have a wife and children? It hurts my brain just trying to figure out the logic there. Wouldn’t priests be exactly the type of people God would want to start a large family of devout Catholics? I don’t know, man. The older I get and the more I reflect on the Catholic church as a whole, the less confident I feel in it. I’m afraid it’s been too corrupt for too long, and therefore it’s slipped away from the light of God and has become it’s own twisted organization that operates under the pretense of being holy.

TL;DR: I’m technically Catholic. I don’t agree with a good amount of what the Catholic church does, and I think many of their practices are outdated and obsolete. Pedo priests disgust me. The Catholic way of doing things confuses me.

Ok, I am curious about something. I often see it said that it must be celibacy which leads these men to sex with children and teens? Why would that be the case? Why wouldn’t they simply take off the collar, hit up a bar, and pick up adults? And why so very very very often with teenage boys instead of girls? Curious about this celibacy theory. The longer we men go without, the more we want sex with boys and some girls? That seems completely alien to me.

1 Like

As much as it pains me to say this, the best steakhouse I’ve ever been to is in Canada. The Keg (I believe it’s a chain) at Niagra Falls.

2 Likes

Leave your badge and your MAGA hat on my desk and get out.

5 Likes

Man, but it takes soooo long to get Canadian citizenship…

4 Likes

That’s b/c is it … it’s faulty logic and what appears to be availability bias … the vast majority of priests do not molest anyone - there are some predators among the cloth, which is a problem that needs to be addressed - but 99% of priests (probably more) do not, have not, or would not molest anyone.

so you can wear it later? I KNEW IT!!

2 Likes

Are aged steaks really any good?

I’ve had some where the cow was mooing about 10 minutes beforehand and I can’t imagine anything better.