T Nation

The Catholic Thread

It’s not that complicated. You made an assertion, I’m just asking if you’re guessing.

I’ve told you plenty of my thoughts lol. If I didn’t answer a question of yours that you really want me to answer feel free to reask.

I have no idea. I don’t study or research that.

Do any mammalian species have the same homo OR heterosexual behavior as humans? We’re a fairly unique species

I’d have to fit him in between my fly fishing junkets with a few of the other former pres’s.

Dude can’t roll cast for shit.

This has to be one of the more ridiculous things I’ve ever read or heard someone say. I know many parents with kids who are homosexual (with brothers and sisters that are not) as well as friends who were abused that are not homosexual.

Do you have any basis for your theory or are you just making things up?

He’s just making it up. That’s why he’s been dodging my request for him to back it up

LMAO. You make a ridiculous and baseless comment and ask where my argument is.

My argument is your evidence being what a 1 sentence reasoning that starts with my theory. That’s my argument for you being full of shit. Stop digging it’s just going to make you look worse.

Wait let me strengthen my argument like you.

My theory is that you’re full of shit.

What’s next him making up a supreme invisible being that has a magic fairy tale land for the dead as long as they give into his terrorist demands of forced worship?

You know that you’re just feeding his fantasy of being persecuted, right?

I don’t think he’s persecuted. He has an entire thread dedicated to his religion and wacky comments.

But I’m sure in his mind the world is against him. Which couldn’t be further from the truth. I don’t even have a superhero on my team :frowning:

My dog will hump guys and gals. He’s also been humped by a female dog. I suppose you could say that’s similar to some people I knew in college.

I know that’s why I converted into it! That, and the rosary (they look so cool).

Ironically, Americans spend more time persecuting each other over
petty political reasons than it does an organization that actively and knowingly covers up child rape.

Including US taxpayer public funded schools, too. Passing the trash, as they call it.

I’ll be honest, I intentionally avoid consuming most news that involves kids, but I don’t recall seeing much child rape these days.

For clarity I don’t equate what the Catholic Church does with a teacher sleeping with a 16 yr old

Edit: for added clarity, I also mean the literal version of rape, taking into account consent. I don’t consider ‘statutory rape’ to be anywhere near the same thing

A convenient collection of links.

https://www.boston.com/news/national-news/2017/05/01/ap-uncovers-17000-reports-of-sexual-assaults-at-schools-across-us

I would be interested in seeing any corroborating information from this article.

Especially for

“[T]hink the Catholic Church has a problem?” she said. “The physical sexual abuse of students in schools is likely more than 100 times the abuse by priests.”

" As the National Catholic Register’s reporter Wayne Laugesen points out, the federal report said 422,000 California public-school students would be victims before graduation — a number that dwarfs the state’s entire Catholic-school enrollment of 143,000."

“The Times’ Kurt Eichenwald explained that pedophiles often discuss their personal lives. They come from all walks of life, but they like to speak about how close their jobs take them to children. “The most frequent job mentioned, however, was schoolteacher,” he wrote. “A number of self-described teachers shared detailed observations about children in their classes, including events they considered sexual, like a second-grade boy holding his crotch during class.””

The 2002 Department of Education report estimated that from 6 percent to 10 percent of all students in public schools would be victims of abuse before graduation — a staggering statistic.

Believe that comes from the Charol Shakeshaft, Hofstra university report which was commissioned by the Department of Education.

Edit: Corrected the report. Tried to go by memory.

I’m seeing a lot of felony convictions here and a distinct lack of top down cover up

Is it just the lack of media coverage you have a problem with?

I admittedly don’t intend to read the whole report, but from a skim it seems the criteria needed to qualify for having been harassed/raped/etc is quite low. Definitely doesn’t seem anywhere near an apples and oranges comparison, given being ‘sexually harassed’ qualifies many of these studies as victims that would be on par with legitimate rape.

While there is no national U.S. incidence or prevalence study that has examined
educator sexual abuse as its primary purpose, there are seven U.S. studies using six
data sets that have examined prevalence of educator sexual misconduct from either an
ancillary or regional perspective (Table 4).

But you’re right, public schools could quite possibly defend and protect just as many scumbags as the Catholic church. Maybe even more.

Absolutely not reconsidering my decision to raise my kids without religion in their lives lol
Edit: buuuut I might homeschool…

https://www.npr.org/sections/ed/2018/04/06/582831662/schools-are-supposed-to-have-pass-the-trash-policies-the-dept-of-ed-isn-t-tracki