The Butt Blaster Machine

Hello :slight_smile:

This machine makes my quads burn like crazy and fail long before my butt or hams and I am wondering why? I am making sure I press up with my heel and not my toes. I am also pressing up past horizontal so I am going into hip hyper-extension. So maybe it is because I am stretching my quads but they feel like they are carrying weight.

Has anyone has a similar experience and knows why this is happening?

thanx :slight_smile:

(ps- I did not post in the Q&A because it didnā€™t seem to go there. Also, I am a woman and prefer to ask this question here instead of the beginners forum- I hope that is ok and my apologies if it is not. Thanx again!)

Donā€™t use that machine so I canā€™t say. If what you want is a more muscular butt here is the thread for you:

I want a bigger butt - Powerful Women - Forums - T Nation

Anything ThePerfectDrug says that is butt related should be paid great heed. nod

[quote]Hallowed wrote:
Donā€™t use that machine so I canā€™t say. If what you want is a more muscular butt here is the thread for you:

I want a bigger butt - Powerful Women - Forums - T Nation

Thank you for responding Hallowed! I just finished reading that thread you gave me thank you. I see you also like single leg RDLā€™s- I think they are great.

Actually, I am already doing most of the exercises suggested in that thread- I am following all the recommendations of

ā€œDispelling the Glute Mythā€
by Bret Contreras

where he says

ā€œā€¦ In order, the hip hyperextension exercises with the highest glute activation are the single leg bent leg reverse hyper (122%), hip thrust (119%), pendulum quadruped hip extension (112%), bent leg reverse hyper (111%)ā€¦ā€

pendulum quadruped hip extension = butt blaster machine

I have attached Bretā€™s photo of a ā€œtougherā€ looking version of this machine, but it is basically the same thing.

so I really want to keep using this machine but I am still wondering why it seems to be working my quads more than my butt (I do focus on squeezing my butt)???

anyone?

thanx!

i hope you come back and start a log!

Yeah me too! I did that machine one time when I was in a rush and couldnā€™t wait for the equipment i wanted. It DID give me a sore buttā€¦ but (lol) i have no further input!

thanx for the welcome Alexus and Hallowed- I have my log in the Over 35 section (I just turned 50- though still feel 20). I may transfer over here, but Iā€™ll finish my first 6 weeks over there. ttyl :slight_smile:

[quote]Reconstruction wrote:
so I really want to keep using this machine but I am still wondering why it seems to be working my quads more than my butt (I do focus on squeezing my butt)???
[/quote]
Have you tried focusing on driving through your heels, and not your toes on this? Try lifting your toes up while driving it back, and mentally focus on your glutes/hams when at the top of the ROM.

Just a thought, good luck

^ and to go with that, maybe keep the ā€˜glute,ā€™ that you working under tensionā€¦meaning no lockout?

Have you ever tried this same movement just as a bw move??