The Bud Light Thread

It’s not really about a beer can, if you think it is then stay bliss I guess

4 Likes

I want to point out the true prevalence of gender dysphoria is around 1 in 30,000 or so. REAL gender dysphoria (not suddenly deciding you are non binary) is a debilitating condition. A condition that is also debilitating but unrelated to gender is “body integrity identity disorder”. Look it up… seriously… look it up, it’s WAY worse relative to gender dysphoria considering a lot of them actually wind up chopping off a limb with a hacksaw/whatever they can find. Suicide is a risk amongst those with gender dysphoria… But the rate of suicide attempt is around 20%. To put this into perspective, 20% of people with bipolar disorder actually die from suicide, and up to 60% will attempt suicide. Around 15% of men with major depressive disorder (unipolar disorder) die from suicide.

With BIID, a loooooooooooot of them wind up amputating a limb… Either a suregon does it, or they do it themselves… and even then, amputation only cures the problem 70% of the time.

There are lots of rare diseases out there that cause a hell of a lot of suffering, yet these diseases have very little public recognition

So much emphasis on trans recognition… What about recognition for CIDP, neuromyotonia, charcot marie tooth disease, scleroderma, stills disease, Sjogren’s syndrome, marfans syndrome, Progressive bulbar palsy, huntingtons disease, kennedy’s disease… Can keep listing

These are all rare diseases that can and do cause a lot of suffering. Why not raise awareness and recognition over these? Why is there so much emphasis on trans stuff? The average person doesn’t CARE about trans politics… at this point the reaction garnered by me when I see movies pushing preachy political agendas (most recently seen by me in “assassination nation”) and “wendyll and wild” is “really… this doesn’t even seem like legitimate representation; it just seems forced at this point”. If there was a movie where a trans character was included as a legitimate plot point like boys don’t cry (1999)… great!

When I’m watching wendyll and wild… it absolutely feels forced! When I’m watching booksmart, it is 100% forced… I’m at such a point of annoyance that I’ll actually turn off a movie when I see forced representation. Three years ago, I didn’t care… The virtue signalling has actually put me off!

It’s not that I don’t empathise with people who are suffering, but when you over represent and push issues that IMO aren’t actually that important. What are we trying to push? Acknowledgement that trans people exist? Most people know… and MOST people don’t really care. Pushing preachy political agendas and calling non-bigoted people bigots is MAKING people care.

It’s counter intuitive.

Do you know any trans people? I know two “non-binary” people, one of which probably has the worst life… ever… and has been in and out of hospital for years. The other is just a young girl who is/always has been bisexual… though my suspicion is that she is homosexual. But this young woman is easily influenced and will almost certainly grow out of it as she clearly has no intentions of getting a sex change.

Lovely young woman but misguided and had an abusive, piece of shit father.

3 Likes

What, exactly, is the mistake that Bud Light committed here? I haven’t watched the commercial, and don’t know anything about this Dylan character. I don’t want to do my own research on this matter either.

1 Like

Endorsing a false and destructive ideology that is oddly and suspiciously intent on suggesting to young children that they might be, can be and even should be members of the opposite sex.

Dylan Mulvaney is not some random transgender person. He was a flamboyantly gay actor prior to declaring himself a woman and becoming a lying tranny communist. He was invited to a public sit-down to discuss transgender issues with President Biden, whose administration unambiguously supports the notion that children ought to be taught in public schools that they might be, can be and even should be members of the opposite sex. They also clearly and unambiguously support giving minors cross-sex hormones and mutilating their bodies through surgery.

This is official government policy now, and I find it to be one of the most horrific government policies ever concocted.

There’s a reason nobody really cared about cross-dressing until a bunch of lying tranny activists started insisting that they urgently need to speak to our children about sexual topics.

11 Likes

It is merely a continuation of eugenics movement. When you look at it from a wide lens, it makes more sense.

2 Likes

I can see how that line can be traced.

Got it, thanks for sparing me the task of Googling this for myself. I’ve always opted for a Miller Lite to wash down my hot wings as it is. I find that the slight flatness it possesses is a feature, rather than a bug, when it comes to taming the heat.

1 Like

I think Miller Lite is a fine light beer. Bud Light is basically identical. Amstel Light is my favorite under 100 calorie beer. Good beer for when I’m out on my boat but not operating my boat under the influence of Amstel Light, which would be wrong and illegal.

1 Like

When I drank beer, I mostly drank dark beer, but when I wanted a light beer, I was fond of Yuengling.

5 Likes

Imagine just selling a decent product and not expressing open contempt for your customers.

6 Likes

Woke has infected corporations who are now fervently seeking to improve their ESG score. Anheuser-Busch’s ESG score improved. Their bottom line… not so much.

2 Likes

I was too. Yeungling, Molson, Moosehead, Samuel Adams were my go-to’s.

2 Likes

Is that what light means? Less calories?

I thought the ‘light’ only referred to alcohol content.

I like this one too. Haven’t seen it for sale in the Midwest though.

Bud Light is disgusting, even compared to other cheap beers. I’m pretty sure dudes who drink bud light have always secretly worn dresses anyways.

In any case, I see bud light marketing to a segment of society who may drink beer. Who gives a fuck.

On the other hand, their marketing department did not “read the room” very well and tripped over an extremely divisive issue in their attempt to market “inclusively”. They are dumbasses and should stick to making beer instead of statements.

Nobody looks to Bud Light for sociopolitical advice, only for overpriced bullshit beer at football games because they bought selling rights and Bud Light should remember that. Or at least understand their market. Fat blue collar dudes who hate gay people, even the ones who secretly suck dick but won’t admit it because their Union memberships would be revoked.

If you want to be a church of the inclusive ideology, get out of the working class beer game. Can’t be both.

Some people maybe have an issue with transgenderism but I believe even those who don’t have an issue with a transgender spokesperson have an issue with the obvious pandering since no one believes Mulvaney drinks beer.

1 Like

And given the higher suicide rates among transgender people, maybe alcohol shouldn’t be marketed to them. Beer and psychiatric pharmaceuticals sounds like a good way to create more mass shooters.

3 Likes

it’s almost as if they’re training for when social credit scores are implemented

1 Like
1 Like