The Brit V The Belly

I was going to suggest to use the down time to work on tweaking a few muscle groups but I kept my mouth shut in case you believed you were carrying “enough mass”. glad to know your not above improvement. add some definition and mass to the lagging parts and come back a lean fightin machine. yeah, I know, cue corny music…

Morning ladies :slight_smile:

MiM, nope, I have a recumbent bike at home, so they’re up while I do my first bout…although that’s optional for me now…kind of a relief, kind of not oddly. Little Spiderman likes to climb up and have me hold him sometimes while I’m peddaling, which sounds bizarre…it is…but it’s a serious intensity boost lol.

N, ‘Above improvement’ is not a phrase that will ever apply to me. I have enough to work on to last me a lifetime…and not just in terms of muscularity/leanness :S I’ll be hitting the gym in surgical dressings and support stockings when I’m in my 80’s trying to bring up my calves :wink:

Well, I had one scoop of my amino acids left for this morning…I chug it before either I manage to get my breakfast after kids various needs are met or I do my cardio…I went to pick up my shaker and Splash knocked it everywhere. Tantrum “Well, my whole day is ruined now…I may as well give up lifting entirely. My whole quad and calf day is useless”…post tantrum, I decided I’d just have my breakfast early and then everything seemed less dramatic :wink:

First thing: 25oz water with juice of 2 lemons plus a bucket of vitamins.

Brekkie: 3/4c Egg white, plus 1 omega egg and 2c spinach
1/2 c wheat bran porridge with 22g blueberries and evil splenda.

Off to wash the stink off. Have a great day all :slight_smile:

You obviously have a very disciplined diet. I just don’t think about eating that much. I mean, I eat a ton, but have never measured or weighed food. Probably why I have unnecessary thighage.

I am so glad you put up a log. Your physique is beautiful and I’m interesting in seeing what your diet and training are like. How does wheat bran porridge taste compared to oats? Is it nearly as delicious?

You know what smells like sweaty forgotton gym socks in the bottom of your gym bag? Not that I’d know…but…I sat and typed all my training numbers at about 3pm today and it still hasn’t posted. THAT stinks. Lazy people with very sore legs do NOT like getting up and walking 4ft to their (non smelly) gym bag so they can retreive the numbers AGAIN. I hope you all see how dedicated I am…

Owlie, wheat bran porridge is…an aquired taste, although it’s possibly the texture that is the most challenging. However, I have to say if you garner pleasure from licking the sole of a hiking boot after a trek on sandy, gravely ground, then I’d advise you sprint to the store and purchase your very own wheat bran. Aside from the obvious character building aspects, it also cleans you out like your very own Victorian chimney sweep.

Brb with numbers…

[quote]figuremuscle wrote:
You know what smells like sweaty forgotton gym socks in the bottom of your gym bag? [/quote]

i bet they are almost as awesome as pegg’s rainsoaked, sockless golf shoes that were left in my trunk. smelled like someone killed a hooker and left her in a swamp, then hid the body in my car.

i think i might like you.

Don’t judge too hastily CBear :wink:

Now why the fetch won’t it post my work out numbers?! Perhaps my weights are too embarassing and the mods are trying to save me from eternal shame. Either way I’ve posted them twice now and still no banana. FFFUUUUUUUU! I will go and get my journal yet AGAIN and try one last time…if it still doesn’t work, then you can take my word for it that I leg pressed 12 plates for 20 reps for a warm up set…

Hey FM, nice log (haha!)

I’m sure your stuff will post up soon, sometimes these things take time :slight_smile:

Keep up the awesome job you’re doing. You’ve come such a long way, it’s almost unbelievable.

then you can take my word for it that I leg pressed 12 plates for 20 reps for a warm up set…[/quote]

yeah budday!

(I’m posting only my working set numbers.)

5 mins bike level 12, 5 mins tread 15% 3.0 mph w/u.

Leg xtension: 80lb per leg x 14 rest/pause 10 sec + 6
Leg Press: 3.5pps x 16 r/p 10s + 4
Wide Stance Hack Squat: 3pps x 18 r/p 15s + 6
Seated Calf raise: 65lb x 13 r/p 10s + 6 r/p 10s + 4
Calf press on leg press: 3.5pps x 12 r/p 10s + 5 r/p 10s + 2

1330 PWO: 1.25 scoop whey + supps + small banana
1530 4.5 oz chicken + 2c broccoli
1730 1 sml can tuna + 3c lettuce + 2tsp low fat dressing
1930 1c liquid egg whites
2115 2 slice ezekiel bread with raspberry jam and chunky pb (Not part of my plan, but I’m trying to be honest reporting cheats)
2300 1/2c fat free cottage cheese."

Yay! It posted. Tomorrow morning there’ll probably be three more the same lol.

So today was a bust as far as the gym goes. I never quite found the motivation to do…anything. Gave the housework the bird and took Lil Spiderman to the dollar theater to see How to Train a Dragon 3D. I NEVER do that kind of thing and it felt great :slight_smile:

His big sissy has gone on a rare trip with her Daddy. She’s a Daddy’s girl and misses him very much when he’s gone all the time, so this will be a nice opportunity for them and for Spiderman and I…his sis is very good at getting a lot of the attention so just he and I is over due.

By the time we were done with the movie my knees were both on fire so I decided to forget the cardio and have an entire day off. Feels good actually. Just iced the knees and took it easy.

Night x

Btw…my hack squat blood blisters/ bruises. Glamorous…

And I’m sure lil spiderman enjoyed it just as much as you did!

Do your knees always gets sore after leg day?

Btw…my hack squat blood blisters/ bruises. Glamorous…[/quote]
Sexy! Haha. That sucks about the knee pain though. It’s cool that you get some 1 on 1 time with little Spiderman though, I can tell when my oldest isn’t getting the attention she requires, and it’s not a pretty sight :stuck_out_tongue:

MiM, no they don’t. I hurt my left knee a while back doing plyometrics, but it gradually improved once I started using Glucosamine and icing etc and it rarely bothers me anymore. Yesterday though…oi veh!! They’re not so bad this morning…this morning both my rotator cuffs are hurting as opposed to just the left…blah. Training hard and getting older, not always the best combo.

I have ironically got delts and tri’s today…I’m not entirely sure how shooting pain in both shoulders is going to help with that :S Delts are one of my stronger areas and it’s one of the days I don’t have to worry about, I go in, heft the weight, feel good about the way they look and go home happy. Last two weeks with this injury it’s been a real blow to the confidence. Annoyingly though, I think it’s chest day this week that really threw me under the bus. Meh, can’t go back, I’ll just have to be sensible…NOT my forte.

First thing: 25oz water with BCAA powder plus a pleathora of supps
0930: 25oz water with juice of two lemons
Meal 1: 1c egg whites, 2c spinach, 1/2c wheat bran 1/3c cherries

PWO supps are Beta alanine, Vitamin C, plus pwo Nitric Oxide and energy enhancer powder, creatine ethyl ester and glutamine and citrulline malate mixed in 25oz water. (I’m trying to be respectful of Biotest and not use competitors brand names lol)

Wish me luck with my old lady joints :slight_smile:

Well, what a lesson in humility that work out was…it comes as quite a shock to me that I’m not infallable and certainly not invincible. Who knew. Outer rear delt on the left side and inner front delt on thr right was painful enough to reduce my output significantly. Anyhooo…

Delts and Tri’s:

11 mins 5% AT 3.2mph and 5 mins of rotator cuff w/u un weighted arm circles and across body swings…I have no idea of the technical terms.

DB front raise: 25lbs x 15 reps each arm
Seated Shoulder Press with HS machine: 60lb per arm x 16
Seated Side lateral HS machine: 30lb x 12
Underhand cable pressdown: 30lb x 20
Unilateral neutral rope pressdown: 15lb per arm x 10
V grip pressdown: 40lb x 11

PWO cardio 30 mins 8% x 3.4mph

PWO meal: 1.25 scoop whey + creatine ethyl ester, glutamine, BCAA’s, Beta alanine, Vit C, citrulline malate, potassium + small banana.

I’m sitting here typing this with big bags of ice on both shoulders like a total muppet. :S

joint issues… no fun!

just checked out your photos and hot damn you look FABULOUS. what an inspiration. =+)

your upper IS strong!! wow

how do you like that hs shoulder machine…I just started playing around with it(not in a obscene way) and I like it!

I commend you for sticking around to do your cardio after…

I like it…it’s the one with the stack I used today. For some reason the angle hurt less than the plated one, but the plated one is the one I prefer if I’m using a machine…and I think the only reason I prefer it is because you can slap the 45’s and change on there and feel like a beast…the stack noone can tell…yes ego lol. I did 8 weeks of seated barbell over head press and LOVED it the most. I’d never done it before (no idea why) but got up to 30lb per side for 12. I was STOKED, then I hurt my rotten shoulder and had to go back to a machine to try and take some of the stress off the joint. Blah. SO delt/tri day has gone from being my ego massager to my ego crusher. I suppose it’s good to be humbled every now and again. :confused: But as with so many things in life, just because it’s good for you doesn’t mean it tastes good…

1545: 4.5oz chiken breast 2c courgette (zucchini) 1 fish oil

1800: 4.5oz chicken breast (SUPRISE!!!) 2c sauteed celery 1 fish oil

The rest of my meals will be as follows:

2000: 5oz shrimp 2c red cabbage and a vat of ice cream…uh I mean 2tbsp pb

2200: 1c fat free cottage cheese.

I’m aiming for 2 gallons of water today. It’s so hot and dry here and I’ve barely sat down today, so I think a little extra is in order.

You’re good for me and taste delicious :wink:

The vat of ice cream was a suprising shock. But then you said PB and got disappointed. Oh well, clean eats FTW I guess :slight_smile: