The Brit is Back

[quote]DixiesFinest wrote:

[quote]figuremuscle wrote:

Now to eat up :)[/quote]

I suggest steak and potatoes. [/quote]

Oh Daddy those look gooood!! I can’t have the potatos, but I did have lean beef that had been braised in chicken stock with celery and peppers and onion until it was falling apart…with a butt load of green beans…that was good. I wanted to eat about 12oz of it, but I had 4…I’m guessing our diets are a teeny bit different :wink: I am jelly though…however, when I put my jeans on and they fit in all the right places, I like my diet best :slight_smile:

Last night…the abs are starting to come back. I’m just impatient sigh. Still, this isn’t a 90 day program :wink:

grumble

I saw your FD/FB post…what’s going on with getting things right for you?

just more waiting. more twiddling my thumbs. more dragging my ass, chasing my tail. working hard and getting nowhere.

That’s all :slight_smile:

[quote]mom-in-MD wrote:
just more waiting. more twiddling my thumbs. more dragging my ass, chasing my tail. working hard and getting nowhere.

That’s all :)[/quote]

Oh Betty, that must be so frustrating!! Don’t stop pushing girl. This is just a blip on the way to your best time :slight_smile:

If I stand under my bathroom light and tense, I can see some evidence of abs. But nothing clear. I guess I need to get below 20% BF. It’s not so easy to get a body to drop the fat it has always had. Hrmm.

Looking good though, fellow Brit.

^ I hear dat!

get it while you can Ms. Brit. NEVER stop! and be so so so thankful that you have awesome genes and jeans.

:slight_smile:

Well I am thankful, but it has little to do with genes, I am naturally round and apple shaped with ugly massive breasts and skinny, celullite filled legs…thanks Gma Catherine :wink: Remember I was 200lbs at 5’4.5" not long ago…This is constant vigilence and I still feel not good enough…but I know that’s all mental and I battle that daily too. Still, I am incredibly thankful to have a healthy body that allows me to indulge in this awesome sport :slight_smile:

That was very ungracious huh…I guess I need to work on that TOO…sheesshh so much work to do, no wonder i’m always tired :wink: Thanks for the support girls, it means a lot!

no, I didn’t remember your back story. That’s incredible!!

Well I am thankful, but it has little to do with genes, I am naturally round and apple shaped with ugly massive breasts and skinny, celullite filled legs…thanks Gma Catherine :wink:
[/quote]

Great job on the progress but you shouldn’t talk about yourself in this manner. no matter what you look like. It’s self destructive and depreciating.

yay! You’re back.

I’m English, yes :slight_smile: [/quote]

It’s a good thing we’re communicating in written form, then…most English folks and I can barely understand each other talking. They say I have a deep Texas accent. Well, y’know what they say…Texas and England, 2 peoples separated by a common language! :wink:

Good to meet ya, Becky!

Hail Britannia!

Yay!! There’s my girl ^ :slight_smile:

So, it’s been a few weeks again…consistency will be the death of me…or my bad habits at least :wink:

I’m enduring a two week gym ‘ban’ from my trainer right now. He’s buggered off to SoCal and I’m here nursing aching joints…mostly my knees and trying not to go insane. Of course, I find myself in this entirely undesirable position due to my own stupidity. Fancy such a thing! In that regard I really am consistent. I have been told many times to take a week off here and there, but in the last 3 years, even post shows, haven;t managed to stay away. Now I am reaping the ‘benefits’. My strength is down, my sleep is a mess, my appetite even more so and I’m scared of the heavy leg days. That will never do. I know logically I NEED this. However, being without the gym, my crutch, the one thing that has kept me sane (almost) over the last 3 1/2 years is training. Having those precious 60 minutes or so 6 days of the week for me. I love my babies with a passion I cannot even begin to describe, but heaven knows, I need something for just me. Hubs being gone doesn’t allow for much more than the gym, and having that taken away has been mentally very hard. I don’t love the spread of the secretary’s bum either, or the softness that’s creeping across my body, but it’s the frustration inside my head that is the hardest to quiet. These things also shall be for my good. I know that, but I’m ready to be active again. Thank goodness for my new baby, Nikki, our American bulldog, or I might not make it out of my pajamas everyday.

Another cathartic ramble. I whole heartedly reccomend the dispersion of any use of grammar or paragraphing whilst working out one’s issues at other forum members expense :wink:

Happy training all you hot, feisty muscle mamas!

Rather than the gym, can you do something else active that would give you a break from the weights but still work up a sweat?

This might give you some ideas: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-fitness-primal-workouts-in-a-modern-city/

I do stuff like this in my local park. Well, maybe not the burpees. I HATE those with a passion. But you could also swim, cycle, go skating with the kiddos, ride a horse, fly a kite…you name it.

I’m not allowed to do anything Cal. Not even cardio. I’m walking the dog, that’s it. Even after that my knees are incredibly painful. I’m genetically predisposed to that, my Mother, Aunt and Grandmother all have knee problems and artritis in their joints, so I’m just hoping finally resting them will be enough to allow the irritation in the joint to settle and allow me to get back after it come the 17th. Of course, I am reminded of the fact that I’m just now shutting the stable door as the horse gallops off into the sunset :wink: We shall see whether it’s enough. :slight_smile:

awww, sorry about your knees, that SUCKS!!

I know how frustrating it is…GRRRR!

the gym will still be waiting for you…

I’m not allowed to do anything Cal. Not even cardio. I’m walking the dog, that’s it. Even after that my knees are incredibly painful. I’m genetically predisposed to that, my Mother, Aunt and Grandmother all have knee problems and artritis in their joints, so I’m just hoping finally resting them will be enough to allow the irritation in the joint to settle and allow me to get back after it come the 17th. Of course, I am reminded of the fact that I’m just now shutting the stable door as the horse gallops off into the sunset :wink: We shall see whether it’s enough. :)[/quote]

FM, I promise not to butt in, highjack or otherwise mess with your thread after this but I ask only becasue I care and we’ve been friends in times gone by - are you able to take Glucosamine and/or Chondrotin for your ailing knees? I know you are incredibly diligent about carefully watching what you take in and I’m not aware of any adverse nutritional or dietary concerns that arise out of these particular ‘supplements’… Just a thought. I know precisely how frustrating it can be to have to lay off of training or phyisical activity due to injury or wear and tear. The G&C have, at times, helped me work through shoulder issues that have plagued me for more than twenty years. Best of luck!

I’m not allowed to do anything Cal. Not even cardio. I’m walking the dog, that’s it. Even after that my knees are incredibly painful. I’m genetically predisposed to that, my Mother, Aunt and Grandmother all have knee problems and artritis in their joints, so I’m just hoping finally resting them will be enough to allow the irritation in the joint to settle and allow me to get back after it come the 17th. Of course, I am reminded of the fact that I’m just now shutting the stable door as the horse gallops off into the sunset :wink: We shall see whether it’s enough. :)[/quote]

Have you tried taking MSM or chondrition? There’s a lot of research suggesting that these supplements do make a difference, especially if the person is in the first stages of deterioration, or are younger. I’ve seen them work well in the case of an injured friend (back injury).

https://tspace.library.utoronto.ca/handle/1807/8919

BTW, your log has so many great food ideas! Thanks!