The Bridge

A man walking along a California beach was deep in prayer. Suddenly the sky clouded above his head and, in a booming voice, the Lord said, “Because you have TRIED to be faithful to me in all ways, I will grant you one wish.”

The man said, “Build a bridge to Hawaii so I can drive over anytime I want.”

The Lord said, “Your request is very materialistic. Think of the enormous challenges for that kind of undertaking. The supports required to reach the bottom of the Pacific! The concrete and steel it would take! It will nearly exhaust several natural resources. I can do it, but it is hard for me to justify your desire for worldly things. Take a little more time and think of something that would honor and glorify me.”

The man thought about it for a long time. Finally he said, “Lord, I wish
that I could understand my wife. I want to know how she feels inside, what she’s thinking when she gives me the silent treatment, why she cries, what she means when she says ‘nothing is wrong’ and how I can make a woman truly happy.”

The Lord replied, “You want two lanes or four on that bridge?”

An ad in a newspaper talked about a building downtown that was stocked full of available young men and that eligible women from the city should just come down and pick out their ideal husband. Three women got together and decided to give it a shot. Upon entering the building they encountered a sign that read:

"Welcome to the first floor, here you will find moderately attractive men with okay jobs, feel free to pick amongst them or to try your luck on the next floor"

The women looked at each other and decided that these guys weren’t quite what they were looking for, so they climbed the stairs to the next floor and found another sign:

"Welcome to the second floor, here you will find good looking men with great bodies, middle class incomes and their own homes"

Again the ladies weren’t satisfied, so up they climbed to floor number three where the sign read:

"Welcome to the third floor, here you will find great looking men, built like Adonis, with fabulous wealth, their own houses, several cars, a great love of literature, animals and children"

Now, here the women were sorely tempted but they realized that the building still had two more stories, so up they climbed. On the fourth floor they found this sign:

"Welcome to the fourth floor, here are men more beautiful than you can imagine, each posseses fabulous wealth, multiple homes on multiple continents, dozens of cars, a great love of literature, animals, the arts, children and their mothers"

Here one of the women almost caved but the others convinced her that the fifth and final floor could only get better. With mounting anticipation they climbed ever upwards, once they reached the fifth floor they opened the door and stepped in. After closing the door they looked up and found the sign:

"Welcome to the fifth floor, there are no men here. This proves that women can never be satisfied and that any man stuck with you is doomed to servitude, may you die lonely and with many cats, now get out and don't come back"

End of story.

To follow the previous post, women cannot be understood, nor can they be satisfied, but God knows we keep trying.

Very funny, very true!