The Breakfast Sandwich and Burrito Bulk - Jackolee

But I couldn’t pull 135 lbs. can’t wait to see you revel in the glory of 500!

1 Like

I cannot even fathom how hungry I’d have to be to have defined legs. My quads didn’t even stand out when I cut to 207.

2 Likes

They were pretty much the last thing to come in for me. Shredded everywhere else and one quad. Then one morning after my cardio I was like damn there’s separation!!!

For back width, I’m doing weighted chins, six reps, 6-8 sets, with a narrow, supinated grip to pretty good effect as part of a strength circuit with deadlifts once a week. For back thickness, CT has a four-count seated cable row that I’ve been using for awhile and I like a lot.

1 Like

Thanks man. I need to buy some sort of setup for weighted chins. I really like the idea of them but have never done them.

Happy cake day mate, looks like we share cake !!

1 Like

So that’s the T nation anniversary? Yeah I saw that on your log as well. Backatcha!

1 Like

You don’t do pull ups now? The weighted version just requires a $15 belt with a chain. You can also put a DB between your legs just above the knee put that sucks after a bit and wouldn’t be good for you right now.

1 Like

I always default to cable lat pulls. Pretty much the same motion but I do like the idea of seeing how much more than my body weight I could do.

Just thinking about trying to squeeze a dumbbell with my knee makes me cringe lol

1 Like

Hang it off your weight belt w a rope - hell thats free

1 Like

Just gonna buy some massive chains and hang them around my neck. That would be hardcore right? :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I was gonna do that for the home gym…then I priced them ha

1 Like

Would look cool hanging on the wall in the gym though :thinking:

1 Like

Shit now I’m rethinking it ha

1 Like

Jack I’ve been silently following your log for months now but I may have to stop after the recent name change. The word burrito alone is apparently enough to trigger great hunger. Happened about three times in the last few days.

1 Like

100% in favor of belt and chain. I use it for dips, as well. If I had to use the DB method, I’d probably stop doing 'em! :slight_smile:

The DB method changes the angles, too. It’s definitely far from ideal but if you’re in a bind then it can get you by. At one point I found some spare chain and used the carabiner clips to suspend weight from my lifting belt.

Haha. Yeah I’ve tried to bulk in the past and always did with pretty dang clean foods so I’m giving a little looser approach a shot. Up 8 lbs in the last 3 weeks so seems to be working

1 Like

It’s not that difficult.

2 Likes

Now I have no excuses!

1 Like