The Branch Warren Thread

Good initiative!

A friend recently told me that he met Branch when he was at a fitness festival in Sweden. He said that Branch was sitting in a corner looking all pissed off but once he started talking he was just about as friendly as they get.

I remember the first time hearing about Branch. It was in FLEX mag way back, I think right around when he got his pro-card. I was like DAMN, homie’s legs a friggin’ HUGE!!

That 30 rep finisher on the press machine (after <300 lb seated presses, 80 lb db raises, and heavy UR’s) hurt my shoulders while watching.

Love this guy’s ethic and attitude, especially at 1:30 until the end:

What Branch said about the 2nd place making him more hungry than he’s ever been, I’ve actually been thinking about that. It will be interesting to see how it will effect him. I know Branch isn’t exactly a youth, but I still think getting that kind of wind in your sail might become a real difference maker. I really like the guy and I hope we have yet to see the best of him, whether that’s a realistic hope or not, well I guess we’ll see eventuelly.

I met Branch today. Huge mother fucker!

a_b-- that is AWESOME.

You get to talk to him at all? Was this some kind of bodybuilding event or random encounter?

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
a_b-- that is AWESOME.

You get to talk to him at all? Was this some kind of bodybuilding event or random encounter?[/quote]

It was a seminar.

Got to hear him talk Delt training.
Vic Martinez bicep training.
Yates back training.
Kevin english and Rodney Roller Chest training.
Evan Centopani, Kai Green and Oscar talk Leg training.

Picked up tons of useful information and reaffirmed my beliefs on a lot of shit. Left a little early so I couldn’t get all the pics I wanted.

Here’s Branch and Yates in the Flesh.

Man I knew you were a taller kid, but it’s just one of those things that doesn’t sink in until you finally have pics next to other people. Good shit attending that seminar, that’s a stacked list of presenters, pretty pricey ticket?

[quote]red04 wrote:
Man I knew you were a taller kid, but it’s just one of those things that doesn’t sink in until you finally have pics next to other people. Good shit attending that seminar, that’s a stacked list of presenters, pretty pricey ticket?[/quote]

Seminar was awesome and it was FREE, can’t get better than that, free food too.

Yeah obviously not next to Branch lol, but if you see me next to regular people you can see how much bigger I am than average. You can’t really tell how someone looks til you meet them, nah mean?

That’s really cool, austin. Keep us informed on how the “pearls of wisdom” you learned from this seminar influence your training.

nice austin good shit!!!

from 4:50 on it doesn’t get more intense!

Thanks guys. I’ve never been so determined. expect big big things from me this year. I hope you guys fucking tear shit up in the weight room too.

Here’s one of my favorites.

315 x 20 on seated militaries. I don’t want to hear the form police, that’s one of the strongest mother fuckers on the planet.

i didnt relise he was quiet so short, even next to dorian hes a lot shorter i thought he was

hey austin, just a thought? but maybe you could list some of the things you learnt at this seminar? you know. reaffirmed beliefs, new things, technique, diet etc. if could man that would be awesome. maybe create a new thread in here like “things i learnt from the pros” etc.

if ya could buddy, id appreciate it a lot.

[quote]sid132 wrote:
i didnt relise he was quiet so short, even next to dorian hes a lot shorter i thought he was[/quote]

Dorian is about 6 foot and so is Evan Centopani. Kai and Branch or short dudes. When most competitors are relatively short, it’s hard to tell how tall they are because we are comparing them to other short dudes and when 5’11" seems tall on stage, no wonder branch looked more like average. I will say though, that’s one dense mother fucker, completely makes up for it in width…

[quote]pro-a-ggression wrote:
hey austin, just a thought? but maybe you could list some of the things you learnt at this seminar? you know. reaffirmed beliefs, new things, technique, diet etc. if could man that would be awesome. maybe create a new thread in here like “things i learnt from the pros” etc.

if ya could buddy, id appreciate it a lot.[/quote]

Ahhh, I don’t want to look like a thread hog…I guess I can post stuff up, give me a little while, you lucked out though because I wrote all the stuff down already. haha

wat ya mean i lucked out? meh to the thread hog… put another pic of DY up and the info underneath haha. ill prob assume the info said wont be totally mind blowing because they all followed a similar path to hugeness. but any minutia that they brought up would be nice, in piecing together the puzzle.

ps. looking huge man, doing something right, wat ya weighing these days?

note: sorry for the hijack SD

[quote]pro-a-ggression wrote:
wat ya mean i lucked out? meh to the thread hog… put another pic of DY up and the info underneath haha. ill prob assume the info said wont be totally mind blowing because they all followed a similar path to hugeness. but any minutia that they brought up would be nice, in piecing together the puzzle.

ps. looking huge man, doing something right, wat ya weighing these days?

note: sorry for the hijack SD[/quote]

Thanks dude, weighing 246 or so…Lucked out as in I don’t have to write an essay, I can just copy and paste the shit…Give me a second to put it together and I’ll throw it here. Nothing mind boggling but definitely some nice tips.

Yeah, thats awesome man thanks. And 246?? christ. nice work.