The Brain and Calorie Consumption

i was wandering does studying learning using ur brain (for e.g going to uni) burn up much calories.because iv found when im cutting i find it hard to cut and have the mental energy to study and pay atention day in day out. so was wandering has it been proven because iv had many mates whov trained and ate normaly not dieted and didnt put on any weight most actulay lost weight feedback please

My understanding is that while the brain uses up a lot of energy normally (something like 20-25% of a person’s “normal” intake), the act of studying or doing any other mentally strenuous tasks doesn’t result in a significantly larger amount of energy being used.

That said, if you’re low on blood sugar then I’d expect a decrease in your mental faculties, whether it’s studying or just day-to-day activities.

Learning takes up more calories than just “robotic officework” or watching tv.
But it’s still minimal.

Compared to watching TV I would guess studying would consume 50calories more an hour(?)

thanks guys i read somthing similar just wanted to check. iv been doing intermittted fasting and im about to start uni soon and i dont think fasting and dieting will be the samrtes thing to do considering its first year

[quote]TANK123 wrote:
i was wandering does studying learning using ur brain (for e.g going to uni) burn up much calories.because iv found when im cutting i find it hard to cut and have the mental energy to study and pay atention day in day out. so was wandering has it been proven because iv had many mates whov trained and ate normaly not dieted and didnt put on any weight most actulay lost weight feedback please [/quote]

Dude, not to be the grammar police, but you literally misspelled like a third of the words you wrote in your OP. It’s barely readable.

[quote]The3Commandments wrote:

[quote]TANK123 wrote:
i was wandering does studying learning using ur brain (for e.g going to uni) burn up much calories.because iv found when im cutting i find it hard to cut and have the mental energy to study and pay atention day in day out. so was wandering has it been proven because iv had many mates whov trained and ate normaly not dieted and didnt put on any weight most actulay lost weight feedback please [/quote]

Dude, not to be the grammar police, but you literally misspelled like a third of the words you wrote in your OP. It’s barely readable. [/quote]

Hes probably cutting

Bahahahahaha!

The take-away from this thread is that if one wants to drop weight really quickly one should study Quantum Mechanics in Mandarin.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
The take-away from this thread is that if one wants to drop weight really quickly one should study Quantum Mechanics in Mandarin.[/quote]

Anything studied in Latin works as well!

hahaha guys . i actualy am cutting 10th week now lol. yeah bro i dont really care bro as long as u guys understood the message haha

[quote]The3Commandments wrote:

[quote]TANK123 wrote:

Dude, not to be the grammar police, but you literally misspelled like a third of the words you wrote in your OP. It’s barely readable. [/quote]

It’s a good job you’re not literally like the grammar police. :wink: